Author Topic: NFL player Chad Johnson: 30 days jail for slapping lawyer's ass in courtroom  (Read 6716 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
Chad Johnson was just arrested and placed in handcuffs inside a Florida courtroom ... after the judge in his probation violation hearing ordered the ex-NFL star to spend 30 days in jail. The move comes after Johnson pissed off the Broward County judge by slapping his lawyer's butt during the hearing. As we previously reported, Johnson's attorney was thiiiis close to sealing a deal that would have kept Johnson OUT of jail for violating his probation earlier this year. But the butt slap enraged the judge ... and she took the deal off the table. Now, Johnson's punishment is much harsher than what was originally proposed -- and he has been ordered to spend 30 days in jail. His probation was also extended until December 21, 2013 ... and he must complete an additional 25 hours of community service along with extra therapy sessions. Story developing ...

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
Chad and his attorney are back in front of the judge ... apologizing ... and desperately trying to convince the judge to accept the original terms of the deal. Chad Johnson was just kicked out of a Florida courtroom ... after the former NFL star playfully slapped his lawyer's ass -- a move that ENRAGED the judge, TMZ has learned. Johnson was in court in Broward County, FL to face the judge for his recent probation violation in his domestic violence case. During the hearing, the judge and Chad's lawyer were about to finalize the terms of Chad's punishment -- terms that were pretty favorable to Chad. But the whole thing fell apart at the last minute, when the judge asked Chad if he was satisfied with his attorney -- and the ex-NFL star reached back and playfully slapped his lawyer's ass. Chad smiled ... the court erupted with laughter .... but the judge wasn't amused. In fact, the judge found the move disrespectful -- and lashed out at Johnson ... asking him if the whole proceeding was a "joke" to him. Johnson replied, "I had no intent to make this a joke, because my life is in shambles right now."The judge -- who lost her patience -- suddenly announced that Chad's deal was OFF ...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Chad Johnson was just arrested and placed in handcuffs inside a Florida courtroom ... after the judge in his probation violation hearing ordered the ex-NFL star to spend 30 days in jail. The move comes after Johnson pissed off the Broward County judge by slapping his lawyer's butt during the hearing. As we previously reported, Johnson's attorney was thiiiis close to sealing a deal that would have kept Johnson OUT of jail for violating his probation earlier this year. But the butt slap enraged the judge ... and she took the deal off the table. Now, Johnson's punishment is much harsher than what was originally proposed -- and he has been ordered to spend 30 days in jail. His probation was also extended until December 21, 2013 ... and he must complete an additional 25 hours of community service along with extra therapy sessions. Story developing ...

Guess the race... lol

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
JUDGE was wrong in my opinion.

Lack of intent to be disrespectful - Me Thinks.

Who oversees Judges' rulings in cases such as this?

I bet there will be more to come regarding this judge's decision.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Fuck Chad Johnson.  That's one loud mouth ass I don't miss in the NFL.  Could care less what the judge's decision is concerning him.

wild willie

• Getbig V
Fuck Chad Johnson.  That's one loud mouth ass I don't miss in the NFL.  Could care less what the judge's decision is concerning him.
the man was a terrific receiver.......

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
many of you hate chad johnson, but in reality hes being made an example of, hes been blackballed by the nfl and now this, i think all these homosexual  lesbian people running shit in the elite circles need to be put in prison for the shit they do, this shit is ridiculous, they need to leave him alone and let him get his life back

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
was the lawyer male or female?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
many of you hate chad johnson, but in reality hes being made an example of, hes been blackballed by the nfl and now this, i think all these homosexual  lesbian people running shit in the elite circles need to be put in prison for the shit they do, this shit is ridiculous, they need to leave him alone and let him get his life back

what did the nfl do to that fool?  that negro got paid well.  please tell me, because i missed his playing career while he was running his mouth.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
was the lawyer male or female?

Quote from: ESPN.com
It was all set until Johnson, when asked by McHugh if he was satisfied with his lawyer Adam Swickle, gave the attorney a light swat on the rear -- as football players routinely do to each other

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Dumb judge.

If the lawyer didn't complain, then there's no need to send him anywhere.

30 days in jail for a butt slap? Fucking stupid.

Land of the Free, eh?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
240, The better question would be to ask if the judge was male or female.  I have a feeing that she is a white female who does not like athletes , has never seen a football game, and gets offended easily.

But I would not say she is prejudice.

TRUE ADONIS would have sentenced him to life

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
The judge was female.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
PEDRO, I agree with you 100% and if this ruling 'ain't' overturned and the judge reprimanded, I foresee more problems within our legal system.

wild willie

• Getbig V
PISS ON TRUE ADONIS!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
The Bengals owe Chad money.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Fuck Chad Johnson. That stupid fuck couldn't produce shit for the Patriots.  He was too dumb to understand the plays!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Judge Kathleen McHugh  made that questionable decision.

What's your opinion on this TA?

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
Contempt of court

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contempt of court is a court order which in the context of a court trial or hearing, declares a person or organization to have disobeyed or been disrespectful of the court's authority. Often referred to simply as "contempt," such as a person "held in contempt," it is the judge's strongest power to impose sanctions for acts which disrupt the court's normal process.
A finding of contempt of court may result from a failure to obey a lawful order of a court, showing disrespect for the judge, disruption of the proceedings through poor behaviour, or publication of material deemed likely to jeopardize a fair trial. A judge may impose sanctions such as a fine or jail for someone found guilty of contempt of court. Judges in common law systems usually have more extensive power to declare someone in contempt than judges in civil law systems. The client or person must be proven to be guilty before he/she will be punished.
In civil cases involving disputes between private citizens, the behaviour resulting in the ruling is often directed at one of the parties involved rather than at the court directly.
A person found in contempt of court is called a "contemnor." To prove contempt, the prosecutor or complainant must prove the four elements of contempt:

The dude's an idiot...

Army of One

• Getbig V
the man was a terrific receiver.......

better than Tbombz?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
the judge should realize this guy has been slapping backsides for 20+ years.   Probably been doing that since Pop Warner football.  It's an "atta boy", just like a high five.

If he did something obnoxious, fine, repeal the deal... but I don't think Chad Johnson was meaining to be an ass.  But I guess I wasn't there.

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
Ah, "And justice for all."  ??? ???

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Who is the judge? I know most of the Broward County judges.

wild willie

• Getbig V
Fuck Chad Johnson. That stupid fuck couldn't produce shit for the Patriots.  He was too dumb to understand the plays!
i am sorry sir......but mr johnson was a fine football player and played in 6 pro bowls.

maybe things didn't work out so well in new england.....but he was able to understand the plays in cincy!!!

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
A TRUE Getbigger!!!