Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36441 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
PS4 looking awesome  8)

XBOX is in some serious trouble....

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
PS4 looking awesome  8)

XBOX is in some serious trouble....
You're posts are short and sweet. Care to become one of the king's letter writers?

cephissus

• Getbig V
I'd actually be curious to your argument as to why you consider gamers "dumb fucks" as opposed to people who have other hobbies like say...watching football.

I didn't mention any such "as opposed" qualification, so, there you go, another example of hallucination from the mind of a gamer.  I've been playing videogames practically since I was a toddler, and whenever I come to any congregation of gamers, whether it's neogaf/penny-arcade/[insert game forum here], gamespot/ign/[insert publication here]'s comments section, the local gamestop etc. the sheer amount of stupidity parroted from these shortsighted mongrels is unmissable, unless one also happens to be afflicted with gamer-myopia.  I don't know what it is, maybe an obsession with living in fantasy worlds, pressing buttons in front of a screen for hours on end every day, generally being too socially inept, poor, lazy, and stupid to experience much of anything outside their TV room?

But how else can you explain statements like:

The Wii was not a piece of shit. Great system that was perfect for what Nintendo wanted. And this is coming from someone who didn't even buy one, I'm just not a fool enough that isn't able to recognize what it is.

The Wii had, what, maybe five games worth playing?  The much vaunted "motion control" was horrendous, a complete dead-end and anti-immersive... notice how still, after nearly a decade of wii and kinect, no one has managed to make a SINGLE 1:1-style game worth playing.  Not even one.

And there's no excuse for being horrendously underpowered.  Anyone should be able to see this as a fatal flaw -- unfortunately, most gamers mindlessly mouth the "gameplay over graphics" mantra, which is both mostly nonsensical or, given any sensible definitions of the terms "gameplay" and "graphics" laughably false.  No one can even stomach pathetic attempts at realism on the wii, having seen what the 360 and ps3 are capable of, so any developer who wanted to be taken the slightest bit seriously had to, ironically, use heavily-stylized cartoony graphics instead...  and who wants to play with cartoons all day?  Well, not the vast majority of developers who keep pushing for more realistic rendering techniques, not the vast majority of gamers who keep thirsting for more and more detail in their realistic renderings, and certainly not me (i.e. someone not stupid enough to be impressed by sales figures and then claim the wii was a "great system" because it was what "nintendo wanted").

Here's a word gamers hate: "gimmick".  Well, Nintendo's "success" with the Wii involved millions and millions of gimmick SALES!  Sales on the basis of a gimmick, to gimmick-buyers.  The much vaunted "casual" demographic was just that, a bunch of know-nothings looking for a little stimulation, who picked up their wii, played wii sports for all of 30 minutes, and threw it in the closet (or used it, hilariously enough, to stream netflix in 480p).  I'm sure Nintendo wanted nothing more than this, and nothing more than a Wiiu ghost town caused by desertion, en masse of these "nongamers".

The ONLY way forward in gaming hardware is more power, something Nintendo will be forced to recognize sooner or later.

PS, you utterly failed to address the main point of my previous post, this beatdown is merely ancillary!

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
I didn't mention any such "as opposed" qualification, so, there you go, another example of hallucination from the mind of a gamer.  I've been playing videogames practically since I was a toddler, and whenever I come to any congregation of gamers, whether it's neogaf/penny-arcade/[insert game forum here], gamespot/ign/[insert publication here]'s comments section, the local gamestop etc. the sheer amount of stupidity parroted from these shortsighted mongrels is unmissable, unless one also happens to be afflicted with gamer-myopia.  I don't know what it is, maybe an obsession with living in fantasy worlds, pressing buttons in front of a screen for hours on end every day, generally being too socially inept, poor, lazy, and stupid to experience much of anything outside their TV room?

But how else can you explain statements like:

The Wii had, what, maybe five games worth playing?  The much vaunted "motion control" was horrendous, a complete dead-end and anti-immersive... notice how still, after nearly a decade of wii and kinect, no one has managed to make a SINGLE 1:1-style game worth playing.  Not even one.

And there's no excuse for being horrendously underpowered.  Anyone should be able to see this as a fatal flaw -- unfortunately, most gamers mindlessly mouth the "gameplay over graphics" mantra, which is both mostly nonsensical or, given any sensible definitions of the terms "gameplay" and "graphics" laughably false.  No one can even stomach pathetic attempts at realism on the wii, having seen what the 360 and ps3 are capable of, so any developer who wanted to be taken the slightest bit seriously had to, ironically, use heavily-stylized cartoony graphics instead...  and who wants to play with cartoons all day?  Well, not the vast majority of developers who keep pushing for more realistic rendering techniques, not the vast majority of gamers who keep thirsting for more and more detail in their realistic renderings, and certainly not me (i.e. someone not stupid enough to be impressed by sales figures and then claim the wii was a "great system" because it was what "nintendo wanted").

Here's a word gamers hate: "gimmick".  Well, Nintendo's "success" with the Wii involved millions and millions of gimmick SALES!  Sales on the basis of a gimmick, to gimmick-buyers.  The much vaunted "casual" demographic was just that, a bunch of know-nothings looking for a little stimulation, who picked up their wii, played wii sports for all of 30 minutes, and threw it in the closet (or used it, hilariously enough, to stream netflix in 480p).  I'm sure Nintendo wanted nothing more than this, and nothing more than a Wiiu ghost town caused by desertion, en masse of these "nongamers".

The ONLY way forward in gaming hardware is more power, something Nintendo will be forced to recognize sooner or later.

PS, you utterly failed to address the main point of my previous post, this beatdown is merely ancillary!

oh, ok
I'll come back to this on my next break, but for someone as much as a veteran in gaming as you claim to be, I'm a bit shocked you aren't seeing the writing on the wall.

Back from break. I take it back. You clearly think you are right and possibly couldn't be wrong based on your previous posting history. Glad I wasted my time.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
On that note.  Anyone here want to get their ass smack'd down in NBA2k or FightNight?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
On that note.  Anyone here want to get their ass smack'd down in NBA2k or FightNight?
Im InflamedArc8333 i think i destroyed you on fight night havent played in days, im too good with my 5'10 guy
A

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Xbox or PS3?  I'm Xboxn' it right now.

Steelrabbitt

• Getbig II
  • Ocelot MTHRFCKR
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

This will be insane.
Jay

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

This will be insane.

I was in the live demo at the press release. That is a gorgeous map.

I actually had some creative input in that trailer also... I worked on the gameplay capture and worked with the Video Director on it during post production.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
I love the Battlefield franchise.  I don't even mess w/ Call of Duty.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
I love the Battlefield franchise.  I don't even mess w/ Call of Duty.

Thisssssssssss

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
These made me laugh.

;D

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
These made me laugh.

It's early, non-caffeinated, so I had to wonder for a sec why this was funny. When it hit me, I fell out of my chair.

By the way, PS+ is such a good deal it's sort of scary. It really makes you go "what the hell is the catch?". I paid for a year of PS+ (like...50-60 bucks?) and got 14 games for free. A couple of those were Deus Ex, Vanquish, Uncharted 3, XCOM for the triple A titles. Then there are a bunch of VITA games on there for free. Once you "purchase" them, you can download/delete as much as you want while your PS+ account is active.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
The Xbox One requirements don't affect me.  I'm always connected and rarely trade or buy used games.

It's the fact that I'm "required" to do so that pisses me off.  That and the fact that MS has never explained why this benefits the consumer.

I currently have both systems and I choose the Xbox version of cross-plantform games.  However, this time around I will still get both systems but my support will lean towards the PS4 until MS shows me why I shouldn't.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
The Xbox One requirements don't affect me.  I'm always connected and rarely trade or buy used games.

It's the fact that I'm "required" to do so that pisses me off.  That and the fact that MS has never explained why this benefits the consumer.

I currently have both systems and I choose the Xbox version of cross-plantform games.  However, this time around I will still get both systems but my support will lean towards the PS4 until MS shows me why I shouldn't.

Boom. Exactly.

cephissus

• Getbig V

Game publishers / developers get more money, and can therefore continue making games, which you, the consumer, can then buy and play.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
They don't lift.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Game publishers / developers get more money, and can therefore continue making games, which you, the consumer, can then buy and play.

Stuffing the pockets of publishers and developers is merely a byproduct of handcuffing the consumers.  Hardly a benefit in my opinion.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
By the way.  The Last of Us is coming out tomorrow for the PS3.  Looks pretty bad ass.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV

How about instead of relying on bullshit anti-consumer tactics they make a better game so you don't want to re-sale it in the first place?

Nintendo operates on that policy. Seems to be a-ok with them.

cephissus

• Getbig V
How about instead of relying on bullshit anti-consumer tactics they make a better game so you don't want to re-sale it in the first place?

Nintendo operates on that policy. Seems to be a-ok with them.

???

Some motivations for reselling have nothing to do with the quality of the game.  Not sure what portion of resellers care about the quality of the game they're dumping.

Anyway, doesn't affect me or anyone I know.  I haven't traded in a single game my whole life, nor have I bought a used game within the last five years.  Only time I ever buy used is to get out-of-print games I'm interested in.  And these days, with Amazon and digital distribution, that means... basically never.  Two or three years ago I was buying playstation ONE games new off Amazon :o

Used games, lol.  Can you imagine people still talking about this 5 years deep in the "next generation"?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
???

Some motivations for reselling have nothing to do with the quality of the game.  Not sure what portion of resellers care about the quality of the game they're dumping.

Anyway, doesn't affect me or anyone I know.  I haven't traded in a single game my whole life, nor have I bought a used game within the last five years.  Only time I ever buy used is to get out-of-print games I'm interested in.  And these days, with Amazon and digital distribution, that means... basically never.  Two or three years ago I was buying playstation ONE games new off Amazon :o

Used games, lol.  Can you imagine people still talking about this 5 years deep in the "next generation"?

you must have an extensive collection if you never trade in games and still buy psone games

anyways it was mentioned by some of you that ps3 has outsold 360, not according to this link, unless it's counting the consoles that are still on store shelves

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/06/13/despite-a-strong-e3-for-playstation-4-analysts-expect-microsoft-and-sony-to-have-a-close-race/?partner=yahootix

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Both the PS4 and the XBone are going to increase their market share at the expense of Nintendo.   Anyone proclaiming either has "lost" 5 months before launch doesn't comprehend what's happening here.
Y

cephissus

• Getbig V
Both the PS4 and the XBone are going to increase their market share at the expense of Nintendo.   Anyone proclaiming either has "lost" 5 months before launch doesn't comprehend what's happening here.

Yep... "Microsoft has lost".  Geez, I'm sure the largest software company on the face of the earth is going to let their games division crash and burn over an issue so startlingly important, a problem so untractable... ::)

Just wait until we're a year in and a couple big exclusives have been unveiled.  That'll be the end of "used games" / "always online".

And @ earl, yeah I guess I have a lot of games sitting around.  Thinking about just posting on craigslist and letting them all go to the first guy who wants to haul them off.  I used to really prize them, but the pack-rat mentality has thankfully left me for good.

I really don't understand why people care about used games anyway... unless you're poor, I guess?  After a year or two, pretty much every game drops down to $20 or below anyway.  And if $60 is really worth that much to someone, maybe they should, uh, stop playing so many videogames and go back to school, try to get a better job?  I don't know, something?  The outrage over this would boggle my mind, if it weren't just another note in the endless litany of petty gamer bitching.