Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36474 times)

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

I really don't understand why people care about used games anyway... unless you're poor, I guess?  After a year or two, pretty much every game drops down to $20 or below anyway.  And if $60 is really worth that much to someone, maybe they should, uh, stop playing so many videogames and go back to school, try to get a better job?  I don't know, something?  The outrage over this would boggle my mind, if it weren't just another note in the endless litany of petty gamer bitching.

Lol, whatta fag.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Yep... "Microsoft has lost".  Geez, I'm sure the largest software company on the face of the earth is going to let their games division crash and burn over an issue so startlingly important, a problem so untractable... ::)

Just wait until we're a year in and a couple big exclusives have been unveiled.  That'll be the end of "used games" / "always online".

And @ earl, yeah I guess I have a lot of games sitting around.  Thinking about just posting on craigslist and letting them all go to the first guy who wants to haul them off.  I used to really prize them, but the pack-rat mentality has thankfully left me for good.

I really don't understand why people care about used games anyway... unless you're poor, I guess?  After a year or two, pretty much every game drops down to $20 or below anyway.  And if $60 is really worth that much to someone, maybe they should, uh, stop playing so many videogames and go back to school, try to get a better job?  I don't know, something?  The outrage over this would boggle my mind, if it weren't just another note in the endless litany of petty gamer bitching.

Some people do...but I believe they are in extreme minority. Even on the pc forums I browse, resale of used games isn't exactly high volume. I think the backlash at XBox1 is the sum of all the new "features" MS is trying to push with it.
-Connect every day to MS for you to play games
- $100 more for what reason?
- slower then ps4 specs
- camera thingy
etc etc

all drugs - TPPIIP

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Yep... "Microsoft has lost".  Geez, I'm sure the largest software company on the face of the earth is going to let their games division crash and burn over an issue so startlingly important, a problem so untractable... ::)

Just wait until we're a year in and a couple big exclusives have been unveiled.  That'll be the end of "used games" / "always online".

And @ earl, yeah I guess I have a lot of games sitting around.  Thinking about just posting on craigslist and letting them all go to the first guy who wants to haul them off.  I used to really prize them, but the pack-rat mentality has thankfully left me for good.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Why would you choose something like this over PS4? You wouldn't

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
???

Some motivations for reselling have nothing to do with the quality of the game.  Not sure what portion of resellers care about the quality of the game they're dumping.

Anyway, doesn't affect me or anyone I know.  I haven't traded in a single game my whole life, nor have I bought a used game within the last five years.  Only time I ever buy used is to get out-of-print games I'm interested in.  And these days, with Amazon and digital distribution, that means... basically never.  Two or three years ago I was buying playstation ONE games new off Amazon :o

Used games, lol.  Can you imagine people still talking about this 5 years deep in the "next generation"?

I don't trade in my games either. I'm OCD like that. Doesn't change the fact that the practice they are salivating to enforce is disgusting as hell. People can re-sale cars. People can re-sale clothes. Make the argument that games don't change if they sell them used? I make the point you can re-sale movies/music without any of this bull crap. Just because it doesn't affect you, precious little you, all that matters you, doesn't mean there isn't a bigger picture going on. You are PERFRECTLY FINE giving away rights. What next? Look ahead man. Don't just look at the now.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Why would you choose something like this over PS4? You wouldn't

Hmmm.....because:

1.  I am an adult and buy my own games and keep them.  So I couldn't give a shit about lending/selling/renting or used games.
2.  My Xbox is already always connected to the internet.
3.  My friends who are all gamers and own every console that comes out, all use Live for multiplayer
4.  Titanfall is going to be insane
5.  DRM - why do I care?   Didn't do anything bad for the iPod.

Sony's getting lauded despite not really showing anything new or groundbreaking.
Y

bigmc

• Getbig V
titanfall does look good

metal gear is still looks the best graphics

we should be getting photo realism now
T

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
titanfall does look good

metal gear is still looks the best graphics

we should be getting photo realism now

I believe Titanfall is also slated for a PC release? If so then there goes that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I believe Titanfall is also slated for a PC release? If so then there goes that.

What does that mean?  It's going to be huge on the Xbox.  It will probably be bigger than Destiny, which is on both consoles.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Hmmm.....because:

1.  I am an adult and buy my own games and keep them.  So I couldn't give a shit about lending/selling/renting or used games.
2.  My Xbox is already always connected to the internet.
3.  My friends who are all gamers and own every console that comes out, all use Live for multiplayer
4.  Titanfall is going to be insane
5.  DRM - why do I care?   Didn't do anything bad for the iPod.

Sony's getting lauded despite not really showing anything new or groundbreaking.

You don't care that the camera HAS to stay connected at all times?

You CAN NOT disconnect it... Which means the microphone and camera are ALWAYS on.

The Government would LOVE this.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

You CAN NOT disconnect it... Which means the microphone and camera are ALWAYS on.

Truthfully, I'm not thrilled about that part.  It's not a dealbreaker, and I assume there will be workarounds.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Truthfully, I'm not thrilled about that part.  It's not a dealbreaker, and I assume there will be workarounds.

To be honest, that one is truly my deal breaker. I'm about my privacy if I want it... No company should be able to circumvent that.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
And the Xbox dashboard is ugly as hell.
A

Nomad

• Getbig IV

use electrical tape over the camera?
all drugs - TPPIIP

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Doesn't turn off the microphone.

I've already thought about the camera portion, but the Mic is right there and you can't do anything about THAT.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

I do this for my lap top web camp.  I don't want to get caught spanking.....again
A

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
I used to play video games. Then i got a car and didn't have to hang around the pizza parlor by the Asteroids machine anymore.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I used to play video games. Then i got a car and didn't have to hang around the pizza parlor by the Asteroids machine anymore.

You just aged yourself, my friend.  Worse still, I know what your talking about.
A

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
To be honest, that one is truly my deal breaker. I'm about my privacy if I want it... No company should be able to circumvent that.

I for one WANT the camera to stay on all the time!  Everyone should be so lucky to watch BIG ACH playing Xbox naked after a tough work out in the gym!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I for one WANT the camera to stay on all the time!  Everyone should be so lucky to watch BIG ACH playing Xbox naked after a tough work out in the gym!!!

;D

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
What does that mean?  It's going to be huge on the Xbox.  It will probably be bigger than Destiny, which is on both consoles.

That's my way of saying that's one game I won't have to feel sorry about being XBONE only, since it's not. Considering how many Xbox die hards are converting already, I am pretty sure this will bring a lot of swing back to PC gaming also. It will most likely be one of the XBONEs killer apps, but it won't save it by any means.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
That's my way of saying that's one game I won't have to feel sorry about being XBONE only, since it's not. Considering how many Xbox die hards are converting already, I am pretty sure this will bring a lot of swing back to PC gaming also. It will most likely be one of the XBONEs killer apps, but it won't save it by any means.

How many Xbox die hards are converting?
Y

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
How many Xbox die hards are converting?

When I say "die hards" I'm more so referencing people who had had Xboxes since they were first introduced, and nothing else. And seriously, who has numbers on a statement like that? It is a anecdotal statement, but all the people I know that have only had Xboxes aren't getting a Xbone.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
When I say "die hards" I'm more so referencing people who had had Xboxes since they were first introduced, and nothing else. And seriously, who has numbers on a statement like that? It is a anecdotal statement, but all the people I know that have only had Xboxes aren't getting a Xbone.

My point exactly - you have no idea, so it's silly to proclaim the death of system five months out of its launch.

So they're going to run to PC gaming - the one with DRM and no sharing or used game sales?
Y

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Anyone that buys an zbox under those rules is a fool. I'm going PS4 this time around. It's like Microsoft is intentionally fucking themselves.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Anyone that buys an zbox under those rules is a fool. I'm going PS4 this time around. It's like Microsoft is intentionally fucking themselves.

So why are they doing it then, if it's so crystal clear to everyone?
Y