Author Topic: The Hypocrisy of the average Voter - FNG Pathetic!  (Read 592 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Hypocrisy of the average Voter - FNG Pathetic!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:27:17 AM »
HEHEHEHE!!

Hypocrisy indeed. I remember a lot of liberal twinks condemning the patriot act. Now they are for an expansion of it because there is a demotwat in the white house. Oh, how things change.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:43:56 AM »
http://www.people-press.org/2013/06/10/majority-views-nsa-phone-tracking-as-acceptable-anti-terror-tactic

pathetic
note that this poll came out instantly after the scandal broke.  It was less than a day after the story broke that I read about a majority supporting this.  That's a fast fucking poll lol...  Yea, that looks more like damage control.  I wouldn't put much credit in quickie overnight polling like this.  Plus they have people paranoid by now.  Call up your average soccer mom and ask her, of course her answer is going to be all for it.  She wouldn't dare risk saying otherwise.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:55:48 AM »
HEHEHEHE!!

Hypocrisy indeed. I remember a lot of liberal twinks condemning the patriot act. Now they are for an expansion of it because there is a demotwat in the white house. Oh, how things change.

And the opposite holds true as well.  A lot of conservatives ignored or condoned the patriot act and the increased government intrusion of the bush era but have suddenly seemed to take notice and give a shit when  a democrat is in office.  

It's like filibuster reform.  The party in power always wants it but when they are out of power they fight it tooth and nail.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 06:33:58 AM »
Obama's 2008 comments on whistleblowers below. Pay attention to the last sentence.

"Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled as they have been during the Bush administration. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. "

LMFAO!!!!!!!

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »
And the opposite holds true as well.  A lot of conservatives ignored or condoned the patriot act and the increased government intrusion of the bush era but have suddenly seemed to take notice and give a shit when  a democrat is in office.  

It's like filibuster reform.  The party in power always wants it but when they are out of power they fight it tooth and nail.

yup.  no one stands on their own two feet for anything anymore.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:40:20 AM »
I was for for Patriot act 1 but based on alot of reading and work by Hugo here...I think as written its too broad and clearly infringes on civil liberties. My argument was that it was there to protect us...aimed against the "bad guys" under Bush. Hugo countered that what happens when an admin comes in that you don't like and abuses it. Well, he was right. I think Obama has taken the intell apparatus, the drone capabilities etc and is using them far to much. He's using drones so he can avoid gitmo and higher risk missions...causing far more damage then surgical strikes by SOF.  I think he's used the various government agencies to further his political goals and attack his enemies. The IRS scandal is just one method to attack conservatives. Using the NSA to spy on or collect on everybody is a huge violation of civil rights. I understand that Bush did it. I think the issue here is that its been expanded. What started out as marginal but neccesary has become clearly dangerous and possibly criminal.

Before 2001 Hollywood had a inflated view of what we could do. It was cartoonish. Now, they don't come close to what we can do with or tech and SOF capabilities. If you take that and turn it against US citizens, we're all fucked. There are things we did in Iraq that were amazing. Its different in Afghanistan. Obama has admitted defeat there and will now use those tools elswhere...or at home.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 05:42:17 AM »

The patriot act was not designed with this in mind during the Bush presidency. There were safeguards that were put in place, warrants that needed to be obtained when dealing with communication between citizens within the nation. Warrants are not needed when it is a communication between a US citizen and someone abroad, but it is when the communication is within US borders.

The Obama administration has expanded it and abused it all under the name of supposed national security. And the abuse is supported by the liberals. Why? Because it is a democrat in the White House.  Hypocrisy.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:47:06 AM »
bump for teh 33333

Big FNG deal.  An umbrella is petty bs - you are condoning Obama spying on everyone and killing people indiscriminately while you trashed B/Cheney for doing far less = why?

Simple - party and race over all else

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 06:48:05 AM »
Big FNG deal.  An umbrella is petty bs - you are condoning Obama spying on everyone and killing people indiscriminately while you trashed B/Cheney for doing far less = why?

where have i ever said that

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »

if it was that petty, why did you start a thread on it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 06:52:48 AM »
if it was that petty, why did you start a thread on it?

B/C - I like mocking O-FAG for things small and big. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 07:20:33 AM »
Glenn Greenwald: 'Slavishly Partisan' Democrats In The Media Are Cheerleading Policies They Used To Hate

Brett LoGiurato      36 minutes ago       723  14 

Glenn Greenwald
AP

Glenn Greenwald
New revelations about the National Security Agency's surveillance programs have divided members of Congress and of the media apart from the normal partisan split.

One person that isn't surprised about the lack of Democrats and liberals in the media challenging the Obama administration, however, is the man who has broken multiple stories based off leaks from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden — Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald.

Greenwald told Business Insider late Tuesday night that he thinks some left-leaning members of the media — such as Time magazine's Joe Klein and The New Yorker's Jeffrey Toobin — have shifted stances on surveillance and civil liberties for "principle-free, hackish, and opportunistic" reasons.

"I'm not surprised," Greenwald said in an email. "I've been amazed and disappointed for a long time at how the most slavishly partisan media Democrats who pretended to care so much about these issues when doing so helped undermine George Bush are now the loudest apologists and cheerleaders for these very same policies.

"If they started a club called Liberal Pundits to Defend the National Security State, no auditorium in the country would be large enough to accommodate them.

"To call them principle-free, hackish, and opportunistic is to be overly generous."

Greenwald has a long history of reporting on issues relating to privacy and surveillance, and he has been especially critical of both the Bush and Obama administrations. Last week, he said the U.S. wants to "destroy privacy and anonymity" around the world.

The depth of the unusual media divide on the NSA story has been illuminated most clearly with Greenwald, who was a constant critic of the Bush administration. This time, liberal critics have heaped more scrutiny on him.

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell challenged Greenwald on Monday night. And before that, "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski and Greenwald got into a testy exchange over the legality of the Obama administration's actions. At one point, Greenwald accused her of reading "White House talking points."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-greenwald-nsa-scandal-media-spying-surveillance-leak-2013-6#ixzz2W0mw4Ckq

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 07:24:06 AM »