Author Topic: twiter trashes kid who sang anthem @ lakers/spurs  (Read 8590 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: twiter trashes kid who sang anthem @ lakers/spurs
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
X

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 07:24:11 PM »
Nope, according to US Code, all not in military uniform should stand with their hand over their heart.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

Well I stand corrected. I always do it out of habit, but I never thought it was a law or anything.

Sounds like a stupid law, but oh well... Also, the photo is misleading because you don't know if it was during after or before the song actually started.

None the less... I was incorrect in my statement.

Thanks for the info.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 08:24:48 PM »

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »
Well I stand corrected. I always do it out of habit, but I never thought it was a law or anything.

Sounds like a stupid law, but oh well... Also, the photo is misleading because you don't know if it was during after or before the song actually started.

None the less... I was incorrect in my statement.

Thanks for the info.

You'll do anything to justify the motives of a black mixed President.

I'm surprised you acknowledged your own bs - for a moment I thought you were not going to. You were backpedalling. Props!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 08:42:35 PM »
You'll do anything to justify the motives of a black mixed President.

I'm surprised you acknowledged your own bs - for a moment I thought you were not going to. You were backpedalling. Props!

What does him being black have to do with anything?

I would have said the same thing if it was a white guy... I thought it was the Pledge of Allegiance only... Mostly because that's what we always said when I was in school.

Where did I "back pedal"?

I'm very confused by your entire post.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 08:44:52 PM »
Coach is going to be pissed that they are disgracing his son like this!
X

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »
This one is pretty damn funny

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 08:48:17 PM »
for being too mexican apparently

Racist Basketball Fans PISSED a Mexican-American Boy Dared to Sing Their National Anthem
Posted 20 hours ago

10 year old Mariachi singer Sebastion de la Cruz was thrust into the national spotlight last year on America’s Got Talent. Tonight, he was once again seen by the nation as he sang the national anthem at Game 3 of the NBA finals in San Antonio where the Spurs took on the Miami Heat.

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/52763976629/racist-basketball-fans-pissed-a-mexican-american-boy

Some real dumbasses in this world.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »
This one is pretty damn funny

20 tweets and talking shit. Must be a getbig gimmick.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
Ill just leave this picture here for those racist twitter comments

make no mistake most Mexicans consider themselves related to the Spaniards vs. native Indians unless they can get assistance from the government.  also, that little bastard is probably, as nationalistic as they come.  it doesn't matter, if they are 1st or 2nd generation b e a n e r-american, still wave the flag on that fake holiday on May 5th.

the Negros on twitter should be ashamed.    

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
make no mistake most Mexicans consider themselves related to the Spaniards vs. native Indians unless they can get assistance from the government.  also, that little bastard is probably, as nationalistic as they come.

dont you live in the west where the aztlan movement is the most prevalent in the mexican community and nobody has to register as a native to receive welfare you should know this

it doesn't matter, if they are 1st or 2nd generation b e a n e r-american, still wave the flag on that fake holiday on May 5th.
weve been through this before your infatuations are beener-centric  

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:02 PM »
Mexicans are the new whipping boys for frustrated white people. It was the blacks who were "destroying our great country" for the longest time. They are off the hook now.

Criticize all I fucking want, when I'm paying for them to spit out anchor babies and pillage social programs.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »
Nope, according to US Code, all not in military uniform should stand with their hand over their heart.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

(a) Designation.— The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b) Conduct During Playing.— During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

Keyword is "should", not "must".

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »

(a) Designation.— The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

Wait... So we're saying it's not a requirement?

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
ahh fond memories of san antonio, when i was in san antonio i knew i was about 2 hours away from laredo on my trips down there to get juice when i was a wild 17 year old, nothing like buying 500 primotestin for 3 dollars a amp

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 10:31:42 PM »

True enough, there is no punishment for violating it, this US Code is written to guide people to display proper respect.  My reply was in response to t-h saying that "for protocol Obama was doing the correct thing.".
Tu-Holmes--good on you for stepping up. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »
Wait... So we're saying it's not a requirement?

Of course it's not a requirement. Like the flag code, it's a set of "guidelines" - guidelines which you should follow to show respect (if you want) but which are not mandatory. No penalties are imposed for failing to follow the suggestions offered.

If the code was mandatory, the Governent would be, essentially, forcing you to make a statement - it would be forcing you to speak. And the government cannot force you to become its proverbial mouthpiece. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either an idiot or a liar.

Trivia: the First Amendment would supersede any law that required you to hold your hand over your heart anyways because to not hold it over your heart is speech - you are making a statement in not so doing. More than just speech, it is quintessentially political too, so Amendment I is at its zenith.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »
True enough, there is no punishment for violating it, this US Code is written to guide people to display proper respect.  My reply was in response to t-h saying that "for protocol Obama was doing the correct thing.".
Tu-Holmes--good on you for stepping up. 

Exactly, it is protocol and the majority of people do it anyway out of tradition and respect for the flag.

Obama certainly didn't make a good showing there, especially for a high ranking elected official.

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »
Yep, agree with you on all points.  I would like to have seen a video of the whole scene however.  Was the music about to start, was the flags just being brought, was thus in the middle of the song, etc.  A picture is worth a thousand words, but that picture could be misleading as well.  Not defending the guy if this was during the song!

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
The only people that can call themselves Americans are the Indians (native Americans). There are hardly any left that are full and not mixed yet they're the only Americans. Therefore, someone has to sing it. A Mexican is the next closest thing.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »
dont you live in the west where the aztlan movement is the most prevalent in the mexican community and nobody has to register as a native to receive welfare you should know this

weve been through this before your infatuations are beener-centric  

aren't you the one, who asked, if i had been to east LA?  i answered that questions years ago on getbig. 

fucking b e a n e r s told my youngest sister and i that soledad couldn't possibly be half black like us.

::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
Coach is going to be pissed that they are disgracing his son like this!

WTF was that all about?? That was pretty fucked up.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 11:11:38 PM »
WTF was that all about?? That was pretty fucked up.

aren't you one of getbig's Mexicans in denial?   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 11:17:51 PM »
aren't you one of getbig's Mexicans in denial?   

Fuck off asshole. Its one thing to bring me into it, its quite another to.mentiony family, but you and other assholes on.here are too fucking stupid and cowardly to figure it out. Hide behind a.keyboard loke a.bitch.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »
Fuck off asshole. Its one thing to bring me into it, its quite another to.mentiony family, but you and other assholes on.here are too fucking stupid and cowardly to figure it out. Hide behind a.keyboard loke a.bitch.

I'm talking about you, jackass, never said one word about your wife and kids in the past, present or future.  I never go that route on getbig.   I won't even get into the "meet you in LA" nonsense, because I'm too young and big for you.  Anyway... ::)

BTW, look in my account. I have posted my photo, parents and siblings.

No need to see the complete faces.  A lot of REAL LIFE fools on getbig.  The woman responsible for the "G".  8)