Author Topic: 7 of the 9 main fighting groups in Syria are Islamists  (Read 5181 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: 7 of the 9 main fighting groups in Syria are Islamists
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »
Someone explain why we're really arming the rebels?  What's the deal?

???

I can't imagine any decent, moral, logical human being supporting something so despicable.  What's the true motivation?  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 08:30:58 PM »

???

I can't imagine any decent, moral, logical human being supporting something so despicable.  What's the true motivation?  ???

Simpe - Obama is trying to create a radical islamist whabbist caliphate run by SA across the ME.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »

???

The Sunni Arab oil states have quite a lot of influence over us. Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and co. have been pushing for this for nearly 2 years now.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 08:32:56 PM »
The Sunni Arab oil states have quite a lot of influence over us. Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and co. have been pushing for this for nearly 2 years now.

I know that, so is al-Assad not playing ball the way they want him to or something? ???

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »
I know that, so is al-Assad not playing ball the way they want him to or something? ???

Al-Assad is an Alawite, which is an off-shoot of Shia Islam and considered heretical by the Wahhabis and the rest of the Sunni world. They're kuffars and there are many videos showing Syrian rebels indicating that kuffars are apostates who are to be killed.

At the end of the day this war boils down to the same thing these morons have been killing each other over for 1500 years now - Sunni vs Shiite. You have the Sunni Arab states on one side and the Shiites (Iran, Syria, Hezbollah) on the other. Sunnis and Shiites hate each other as much as, if not more than, they hate Jews/Christians.

Just look up some of the things the Sunni clerics and rebels have been saying about Hezbollah and the Assad regime / Shiites. This war has devolved into a completely sectarian conflict.

Sunni Al-Qaeda versus Shiite Hezbollah. We couldn't ask for more so I don't understand why Obama insists on sticking his nose in.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 08:43:05 PM »
Al-Assad is an Alawite, which is an off-shoot of Shia Islam and considered heretical by the Wahhabis and the rest of the Sunni world. They're kuffars and there are many videos showing Syrian rebels indicating that kuffars are apostates who are to be killed.

At the end of the day this war boils down to the same thing these morons have been killing each other over for 1500 years now - Sunni vs Shiite. You have the Sunni Arab states on one side and the Shiites (Iran, Syria, Hezbollah) on the other. Sunnis and Shiites hate each other as much as, if not more than, they hate Jews/Christians.

Just look up some of the things the Sunni clerics and rebels have been saying about Hezbollah and the Assad regime / Shiites. This war has devolved into a completely sectarian conflict.

Sunni Al-Qaeda versus Shiite Hezbollah. We couldn't ask for more so I don't understand why Obama insists on sticking his nose in.

Unbelievable, this makes our involvement even worse.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »
Unbelievable, this makes our involvement even worse.

There are reports that last week Al-Nusra massacred 60+ Shiites (men, women and children) in a town they had control over as revenge for having been defeated in the battle for Qusayr. That's a pretty good indication of what this war has devolved into. It's only going to get worse as it spreads into Lebanon and elsewhere.

For another example:

Syria: Sunni Rebels From Al-Nusra Front Blow Up Shiite Mosque

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — Sunni extremists blew up a Shiite mosque in a village in eastern Syria stormed by rebels earlier this week, another sign of the growing sectarian hatred in the country’s civil war, activists said on Sunday.

They said al-Qaeda’s affiliate in Syria carried out the destruction. It showed the determination of extremists to drive Shiites out of the village of Hatla in the Deir el-Zour region near Iraq. Last week rebels battled pro-regime militiamen there, killing more than 60 Shiite fighters and civilians, according to activists.

In Lebanon, gunmen deployed in the streets of the northeast and set up roadblocks in protest following the killing of four Lebanese Shiite men in an ambush, security officials said today.

The security officials, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with regulations, said the four were found dead in the Wadi Rafeq area between Ras Baalbek and al-Qaa near the border with Syria.

They said the men were from the powerful Jaafar and Amhaz clans, triggering fears of retaliation.

It was not immediately clear how they were killed or what the motive was, but today’s ambush is believed to be related to sectarian tensions related to the Syrian civil war.

Tensions between Sunnis and Shiites in Lebanon increased after the Shiite Iranian-backed Hezbollah openly joined the fight in Syria on the side of President Bashar Assad.

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-sunni-extremists-blow-shiite-mosque-110200570.html

One of Shia Islam's holiest shrines is in Syria and is currently being guarded by Hezbollah. If that were to go down it would be akin to when Al-Qaeda blew up those shrines in Iraq and all hell broke loose. Shit would completely hit the fan.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
I couldn't care less. Get the fuck out of my thread then. You continue to be under the impression that I (or anyone else, for that matter) give a fuck about your opinion on here.

Protip: no one does.

Unfortunately this is the problem with you that I pointed out years ago..you don't care about anyone's opinion and you never admit when you are wrong about anything or concede that someone else might have a point....which Is why I have always said that explaining things to you or showing evidence to the contrary is pointless...

now go ahead and call me a twat and puta like always

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »

???

In addition to the destabilization that Fury noted, they are 'presumably' worried about Assad chemical weapons falling into the wrong hands, Syria becoming a hot bed for extremists, interfering with Iran helping Assad, and pushing a 'democratic state'.

All, IMO, a bunch of non-sense.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »
Unfortunately this is the problem with you that I pointed out years ago..you don't care about anyone's opinion and you never admit when you are wrong about anything or concede that someone else might have a point....which Is why I have always said that explaining things to you or showing evidence to the contrary is pointless...

now go ahead and call me a twat and puta like always

Hey Twat,

Nice try, typical fail.

You NEVER back up your bullshit.

NEVER.

Every time you're called out on your bullshit, you run like a bitch.

EVERY TIME.

Want somebody to concede something?  Try arguing with facts.  Your word is not gospel and it's not like anybody asks you to put up academic journals.

Understand?  Puta.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »
I couldn't care less. Get the fuck out of my thread then. You continue to be under the impression that I (or anyone else, for that matter) give a fuck about your opinion on here.

Protip: no one does.

LOL @ Fairy thinking he owns a thread

I guess since you live with your parents and probably drive your parents car you need to feel you own something

If you're going to make claims then try posting links otherwise I will assume you just made them up which is your usual MO

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 12:25:35 AM »

Hey Twat,

Nice try, typical fail.

You NEVER back up your bullshit.

NEVER.

Every time you're called out on your bullshit, you run like a bitch.

EVERY TIME.

Want somebody to concede something?  Try arguing with facts.  Your word is not gospel and it's not like anybody asks you to put up academic journals.

Understand?  Puta.

you're no genius yourself , Gloria.....I didn't know fairy needed an attack dog......you go out of your way to pick fights with me.....are you an attention whore.....or just a whore?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 12:28:03 AM »
Oh no! The 46-year-old shut-in stalker thinks I made something up. Whatever will I do knowing one of the more intellectually-challenged people on this board think I made something up?

Fucking retard, haha.

Can't believe you used this phrase to describe someone other than yourself, horseface.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 05:02:40 AM »
Can't believe you used this phrase to describe someone other than yourself, horseface.

You're 50-years-old and still working on your first degree.  :-X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 05:05:32 AM »
its amazing how leftists almost always make excuses for radical muslims

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 03:58:49 PM »
you're no genius yourself , Gloria.....I didn't know fairy needed an attack dog......you go out of your way to pick fights with me.....are you an attention whore.....or just a whore?

Translation = still can't back up your bullshit.

Keep trying.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 08:59:29 AM »
Syria's Rebels Received New Arms, Commander Confirms

06/21/13 08:26 AM ET EDT AP

BEIRUT -- The commander of Syria's rebels confirms they have received new weapons, giving his forces more power in battles against government troops and Hezbollah fighters from Lebanon.

Gen. Salim Idris refused to say in an interview with Al-Jazeera TV Friday where the weapons came from.

This month U.S. officials said President Barack Obama has authorized sending weapons to Syrian rebels for the first time. Gulf states have long been funneling weapons to the rebels.

While refusing to disclose the sources, he said, "I would like to thank the brothers and the friends whom I don't want to name," he said.

Pressed to disclose whether the weapons came from the U.S., Idris said, "We are waiting, and we urge them to hurry up in supplying us with weapons and ammunition."

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »

Translation = still can't back up your bullshit.

Keep trying.

I haven't seen many footnotes or references from you either genius

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »
please post link for your 80% claim and then explain why that matters (try to keep in mind the 90% support for background checks for guns when you answer)

please also post link to claim about rebels using Sarin (which I think is very interesting if true - I have not heard this before)

it's a "no win" because if we sit out we'll be criticized for doing nothing while this guy slaughters his own citizens (whether it's fair or not) and if we get involved then we're going to get painted as being responsible for anything that happens

That's what happens in a civil war, ...countrymen kill countrymen.
The difference here is WHO was it that encouraged the rebels (terrorists by definition) to take up arms against the legitimate government in the first place?

Isn't your country broke enough as it is?

You can't find money for meat inspectors, or proper border security, ...but you've got the money to arm cannibal terrorists?  ::)  ::)
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
The difference here is WHO was it that encouraged the rebels (terrorists by definition) to take up arms against the legitimate government in the first place?

You can't find money for meat inspectors, or proper border security, ...but you've got the money to arm cannibal terrorists?  ::)  ::)

Hell hath frozen over. Jag is 110% correct about something.

Straw, you may want to consider conversion to a third party or something. You are officially on the fringe.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »
Hell hath frozen over. Jag is 110% correct about something.

Straw, you may want to consider conversion to a third party or something. You are officially on the fringe.

what is she right about

who does she or you think encouraged the rebels to take up arms?
do you or she think somehow everything was perfectly stable and somehow the US or Western influence was the catalyst for this situation

btw - I don't agree with the Dems (or Repubs) on all issues and would be happy to see a few or many more political parties

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »

+1

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »
I haven't seen many footnotes or references from you either genius

Because you can't read.  Feel free to show me when I get called out that either don't back up my shit or admit when I'm wrong.  Or is this yet another bullshit claim from you that you'll run from?