Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41290 times)

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
Re: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2013, 07:52:34 AM »
Anyone have any comments on the 3d?
S

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2013, 07:52:50 AM »
I'd love to see Faora in EVERY Superman-movie from now on! :D

Supes 2: Lex + Faora + Darkseid

Supes 3: Brainiac + Parasite + Faora

Supes 4: Doomsday + Faora

etc :D

They didn't make the mistake of killing her off, so I'm thinking she returns at some point.  She's a powerful character, an instant fan favorite from the movie.  She made Lois Lane worthless.  

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2013, 07:55:54 AM »
Whew!!  Have an Apolcalypse trained Faora return to Earth and kill Martha Kent causing a rage-filled Kal to race to Apocalypse for a showdown.....don't know how that would work, but count me in!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2013, 07:58:47 AM »
I would love to see a Supergirl/Apocaplypse storyline with a phantom zone rescued/escaped Faora trained up by a version of Granny Goodness and the Furies (as opposed to Supergirl); plus, I never considered the Faora/Darth Maul connection.....I loved her part in the movie moreso than Zod or Namek........well played!!

When she got knocked out and was helpless along with a return to the Phantom Zone, something clicked, telling me they had future plans for her. I think they knew in the filming and development she would catch on with the fanboys. You can't use her with Doomsday, but she's perfect fit for Apocapylpse.

She's the character outside of Superman everyone is raving about.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2013, 07:59:46 AM »
And the old Non from Superman 2 had the same height as our own Johnny Falcon!

Nons replacement in Man of Steel though, Namek, is even larger, almost rivalling Cswol-size, seen on the left side

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2013, 08:01:40 AM »
When she got knocked out and was helpless along with a return to the Phantom Zone, something clicked, telling me they had future plans for her. I think they knew in the filming and development she would catch on with the fanboys. You can't use her with Doomsday, but she's perfect fit for Apocapylpse.

She's the character outside of Superman everyone is raving about.

100% agree...right there with ya.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2013, 08:02:56 AM »
Faora the Manhater :D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2013, 08:27:45 AM »
Sorry bitches, I would have sold mankind out to be personal egor.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Just saw Man of Steele
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2013, 08:30:02 AM »
Kryptonite is worst than Lex.  They already setup parameters as far as his strengthens and weaknesses go. And I damn sure don't want to see Lex running around with the stuff.  If he and Batman meet in the universe, then the rock can be Batman's trump card, which I can live with.

Kryptonite is integral to the whole story.  Doesn't even have to be the green kind.  Would love to see red or gold.  Maybe luther gives him red and he goes off the deep end?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »
I recall there being a getbigger named Mon_of_Steel, he was quite the bottom tit.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »
I recall there being a getbigger named Mon_of_Steel, he was quite the bottom tit.

Fuck you.  he was/is a great man, great addition to getbig and a great human being.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »
No remarks regarding Michael Shannon ???!!!.... the actor who played the part of ZOD ... a very highly respected actor in the movie world.

He appeared in BOARDWALK EMPIRE (great TV series BTW) as an FBI agent and it was difficult for me to see any difference between that character and ZOD.

I've had the opportunity to watch great actors filling various roles in front of the camera and it always amazes me when they become someone they definitely 'ain't'.

My nephew prepares for upcoming roles by 'becoming his assigned character' at home for a week or too before filming starts and his four kids (3 - 7) always ask, "When can we have our daddy back!?".

Sometimes he doesn't  show up for the next four months.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2013, 10:00:49 AM »
No remarks regarding Michael Shannon ???!!!.... the actor who played the part of ZOD ... a very highly respected actor in the movie world.

He appeared in BOARDWALK EMPIRE (great TV series BTW) as an FBI agent and it was difficult for me to see any difference between that character and ZOD.

I've had the opportunity to watch great actors filling various roles in front of the camera and it always amazes me when they become someone they definitely 'ain't'.

My nephew prepares for upcoming roles by 'becoming his assigned character' at home for a week or too before filming starts and his four kids (3 - 7) always ask, "When can we have our daddy back!?".

I just didn't like his voice. It was a little timid for the role.  I would expect General Zod to have a deep voice like Barak Obama, something that demands attention.  It didn't really in this film.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »

yes.....yes he was   >:(

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2013, 10:06:02 AM »

Sometimes he doesn't  show up for the next four months.

Think Star Wars with Maul and Sid.  Who stole the show in that episode?  Nothing was wrong with his performance, but...

I think she could be the greatest villainess in comic book movies to date. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2013, 10:16:57 AM »
Think Star Wars with Maul and Sid.  Who stole the show in that episode?  Nothing was wrong with his performance, but...

I think she could be the greatest villainess in comic book movies to date. 

HAHA, sounds like you fell in love.  If only she a cock.... you'd be on the next plane to her house to propose to her.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »

I actually liked him as Zod.  He also plays a GREAT IceMan (the story of the hitman).  Has a very 'logical' tone to his voice.  I do miss the english accent, so maybe a Tom Hardy (little too young) or Kenneth Branaugh (sp?) would have been nice.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2013, 10:34:28 AM »
HAHA, sounds like you fell in love. 

Who isn't in love with Faora? :D

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »

And I thought Shannon did an amazing job with the role. There is still humanity and passion in Zod. Though misplaced, he's doing what his heart and his mind have told him is right...the only thing he knows how to do. He's strangely human in his pursuit of what he thinks is right.

I find what he brought to the role was just perfect. But then, there's no accounting for taste.

The end scene with him and Superman is quite possibly the greatest villain/hero ending to a movie. I can't think of better. He carried Cavill in that last scene.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »
HAHA, sounds like you fell in love.  If only she a cock.... you'd be on the next plane to her house to propose to her.

WTF  ;D

I might just get a Faora wall poster from...

http://www.fathead.com/

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
We can all agree on that Antje was perfect casting for Faora, but what about Michael Shannon as Zod?

Would you have preferred someone else? And if so, why?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
We can all agree on that Antje was perfect casting for Faora, but what about Michael Shannon as Zod?

The Rock.  HAHAHA, kidding.

I'm pretty sure they screen tested a lot of actors.  I didn't like Russel Crowe, but that's because I just don't like him.
At least they didn't cast the Jew of the moment for that role.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2013, 10:53:26 AM »

Francesco Quinn

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »
Wish they cast him as the big goon with zod.  I think he is too big to be Zod

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2013, 11:20:25 AM »
Wish they cast him as the big goon with zod.  I think he is too big to be Zod

Ahah Jason Momoa as Namek would have been great!