Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41327 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Re: Just saw Man of Steele
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
^^^^
I know the Superman story going in, but Nolan wanted a grittier Superman, they thought they needed to reinvent him with "Street Cred" so people would like him.  The thought is, Spiderman and Batman were huge box office successes because of their tragic back stories, they needed to give this to Superman even though how much more tragic can you get than your home planet being destroyed.

It wasn't reaching that Superman was the source of the conflict.  Zod only went to earth because Superman activated the beacon.  So 1. He was on earth which attracted Zod, 2. he fired off the Beacon which attracted Zod, 3. He held the codex which attracted Zod.  So Superman was the #1 reason for this conflict.  I just think this could have been better served in a Superman II after he established himself as the hero.

Some good parts to the movie.  I loved how they just jumped forward right away and then gave snippets of the background story, would have been boring to spend 1 hour just watching sup grow up.  That was a smart choice.
At the end when Superman declares his intent to protect America, it was more American than Captain America.

The Superman Returns movie a few years back was an epic failure, not because of the superman story, but just bad casting, picking Lex as the villain and just the storyline they chose.

so far so good. as far as box office receipts are concerned....the movie cost $225 million to make which is fucking huge and so far, they're racking $135 million domestically. the overseas receipt numbers are not in yet.....I think this movie need to crack the half Billion dollar mark in other to be considered successful at this point...I think they will reach that goal

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2013, 10:20:09 AM »

so far so good. as far as box office receipts are concerned....the movie cost $225 million to make which is fucking huge and so far, they're racking $135 million domestically. the overseas receipt numbers are not in yet.....I think this movie need to crack the half Billion dollar mark in other to be considered successful at this point...I think they will reach that goal

Easily.  Overseas money for these movies has been more than domestic.  It will have another good week since there is shit worthy to see coming out unless you're a kid wanting to see Monsters University.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »
Now I'm looking forward to World War Z to see what all the problem was with getting it finished.

I think the 'fast zombie' moves will make it more interesting. I read somewhere that these zombies were intended to movie like a 'hive' of ants.

HIVE???

I hope you GetBiggers will notice the participation of Legendary studios in the the big blockbusters this summer.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2013, 07:20:59 PM »
I loved MOS. 

For those that didn't like the movie then it's time to throw hands and get nasty and bloody.   And by "throw hands and get nasty and bloody" I mean read my nerdiest, virgin-fueled retorts about why "Superman is AWESOME!!'

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2013, 11:37:45 PM »
There are some horrible plot holes in the movie. The biggest one for me is the whole terraforming earth into krypton thing. The movie makes a clear point that krypton's atmosphere robs a kyrptonian of there powers right? So if I'm zod then why the fuck would I want to transform earth into krypton and live like a weak human instead of leaving earth how it is and live like a god of immense power? The movie gives the lame excuse "Oh the process of adapting to earth's atmosphere is to painful! " who the hell wouldn't put up with a little pain to gain incredible superpowers?

If you harvest a planet, why would you keep the fleas around looking for your weaknesses generation after generation. it just takes one human to find a pebble of kryptonite and the rest will be mining for it overnight.  there goes your reign.  if i was an alien, you'd go extinct, except for a dozen or so in jars. that group wasn't bred to preserve other civilizations.  i think you missed what tubes they pulled them out of.  it's like star trek when the borg stopped assimilating and started talking about the universe.  ::)  

even if i was beyond powerful, wft would i want to walk around with a migraine headache 24x7 without an antidote.  Superman had 33 yrs, they had 3 days to master the noise.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »
Thank you gents, I'm going to see MOS this upcoming weekend.
all drugs - TPPIIP

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2013, 03:27:24 AM »
Thank you gents, I'm going to see MOS this upcoming weekend.

Enjoy Faora.  She's as bad ass as Maul.

Fanboys are loving this woman.  :-*

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2013, 04:57:13 AM »
If you harvest a planet, why would you keep the fleas around looking for your weaknesses generation after generation. it just takes one human to find a pebble of kryptonite and the rest will be mining for it overnight.  there goes your reign.  if i was an alien, you'd go extinct, except for a dozen or so in jars. that group wasn't bred to preserve other civilizations.  i think you missed what tubes they pulled them out of.  it's like star trek when the borg stopped assimilating and started talking about the universe.  ::)  

even if i was beyond powerful, wft would i want to walk around with a migraine headache 24x7 without an antidote.  Superman had 33 yrs, they had 3 days to master the noise.

So they are smart enough to master space flight, but can't put 2 + 2 together and realize that the 'headache' is temporary just by looking at superman? 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2013, 05:08:40 AM »
So they are smart enough to master space flight, but can't put 2 + 2 together and realize that the 'headache' is temporary just by looking at superman?  

Either you enjoyed the movie or you didn't.  Those are the parameters for that universe.  We can sit here and pick every piece of the movie apart.  I'm cool with what I saw for the first installment.  It's mush easier to create a universe around a mortal like Batman vs a God like Superman.  Some people think he is too dark vs the campy Reeves' Superman.  As far as the movie goes, Lois sucked ass, was out of place and didn't fit it.  Everything else was a 9 out of 10.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2013, 05:12:45 AM »
i never was a superman fan as a child, unrealistic, not dark and mysterious.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2013, 05:32:25 AM »
I enjoyed it alot!

Mostly thanks to Faora! :D

Faora + Named VS Supes was a fun fight-sequence!

Nice action with lots of special effects. Highly entertaining and it delivered what i was expecting.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2013, 05:38:31 AM »
Lots of things I didn't like.

1. Explain why/how he ended up in Kansas.  The central USA theme was lame.  Maybe have his little pod scan earth for folks that fit his profile and then pick a place like Kansas, at least make it seem it was chosen than just random.

2. At the end when the General asks him how does he know if Superman would protect the USA's interest he does so by saying he grew in up in Kansas.  Superman is not destined to protect the USA.  This was a lame point.  Superman should have said, I am here to protect Mankind's interest, not just the USA.

3. Zod shouldn't have been the villain in Superman I.  They needed to establish Superman as a hero fighting a fight that he didn't start.  The Zod thing is odd because you are saying, Zod spent 35 years searching the galaxy for Superman and found him on earth so decided to destroy it.  Otherwise if Superman was somewhere else, earth would have been safe. Hard making him a hero when he caused the issue and conflict in the first place.

4. I wish they had Superman fight inner demons and his morality a bit more than just blindly choosing to protect the world.  After his dad dies Superman could have went to the dark side a bit and then after another tragedy realize this is not who he wants to be.  Not just jump right in.  The lure of Batman is he fights this inner battle daily, Superman as much as they tried to make him gritty was still too squeaky clean.

5.  How Lois Lane was able to navigate the city at light speed.

6. The damage to earth seems irreversible.  The earth former was making earth more dense to make gravity stronger, so even though the machine was stopped, it must have did some transformation that is now permanent.

7. The final fight scene was just too drawn out, especially for what we knew would happen with Superman winning.

8.  So now all of this fancy alien crafts and weapons are on earth.  Does this mean Luther starts to use it to make weapons?

9. No Kryptonite???

Again, it was entertaining, but not something I think I would watch again, even if HBO had it on a second time.  I can watch the Second Dark Knight movie with the Joker over and over, tried to watch the Dark Knight Rises for a second time on HBO this weekend and was bored.  This Superman movie seems  few years too late. The whole wanting a gritty superhero is 2005.  Look at Marvel and their campiness with IM, AV, THOR, CA, all campy bright colored and all big money makers.  

Good point at number 2...goes to show you that Americans love immigrants so much they will make one (with no visa) their super hero/savior .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2013, 05:48:51 AM »
One more thing,  While Superman only cares for the US, Zoe makes sure his message/warnings go in every language and form of communication to Planet Earth... interesting.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2013, 06:03:09 AM »

That's a pair of lats!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2013, 06:14:38 AM »
That's a pair of lats!

Not in that shape anymore tho! He didn't want to :D

He trained for 9 months for the role, using the Cswol-method to gain mass.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2013, 06:18:40 AM »
Has anybody seen it in 3d yet? I saw the 2d version with my daughter. How is the 3d?

not worth the extra $$$.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
some posters on various internet sites are posting that cavill was TOO muscular and big in the role? HUH? really? something is very very wrong in our society and culture if a guy that looks like cavill did in a "SUPER" man movie is deemed too much!...

questions i have besides the fact that lois lane managed to be everywhere and not get hurt by any falling debris even as she fell temporarily from the sky! laugh! was

so all the kryptonians died, either on the ship that crashed or that female warrior faora in the crash that also killed chris meloni's character? how did that happen? i mean if superman could survive all the crap that was done to him, why would the kryptonians die from ANY ole crash? i'm confused about this.....

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2013, 06:39:29 AM »
so all the kryptonians died, either on the ship that crashed or that female warrior faora in the crash that also killed chris meloni's character? how did that happen? i mean if superman could survive all the crap that was done to him, why would the kryptonians die from ANY ole crash? i'm confused about this.....

Faora might return in Supes 2.. ;)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2013, 06:59:38 AM »
some posters on various internet sites are posting that cavill was TOO muscular and big in the role? HUH? really? something is very very wrong in our society and culture if a guy that looks like cavill did in a "SUPER" man movie is deemed too much!...

questions i have besides the fact that lois lane managed to be everywhere and not get hurt by any falling debris even as she fell temporarily from the sky! laugh! was

The kryptonians didn't die.  By using his baby ship and combining it into the earth makers field it generated a black hole of sorts that sucked them back into the phantom zone.
They kind of explained it a bit with the lame scientist who's only role was to explain a couple of scientific points.

Yes about Lois.  She ended up in Grand Central Station in seconds, how she managed to get there at the end to console supe was laughable.  I kind of wish Faora manhandled her a bit more and allowed Lois to get in some sort of kick.  I actually like how Superman disposed of them in the original movie vs. this one.  In the original he took their powers away.  In this one it was brute force explosions.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2013, 07:20:02 AM »

Not in that shape anymore tho! He didn't want to :D

He trained for 9 months for the role, using the Cswol-method to gain mass.

He failed on cswol; he has no gyno nor seo in the arms :D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2013, 07:44:54 AM »
Faora might return in Supes 2.. ;)

If they go with Apocalypse, she is better than SuperGirl, who has no place in the universe either.   A spin on Batman Superman Apocalypse would work.  Faora is like the Darth Maul of MOS. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2013, 07:49:35 AM »

9. No Kryptonite???

Kryptonite is worst than Lex.  They already setup parameters as far as his strengthens and weaknesses go. And I damn sure don't want to see Lex running around with the stuff.  If he and Batman meet in the universe, then the rock can be Batman's trump card, which I can live with.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Re: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2013, 07:49:43 AM »
I'd love to see Faora in EVERY Superman-movie from now on! :D

Supes 2: Lex + Faora + Darkseid

Supes 3: Brainiac + Parasite + Faora

Supes 4: Doomsday + Faora

Supes 5: Kryptonite Metallo + Bizarro + Faora

etc :D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2013, 07:51:43 AM »
If they go with Apocalypse, she is better than SuperGirl, who has no place in the universe either.   A spin on Batman Superman Apocalypse would work.  Faora is like the Darth Maul of MOS.  

I would love to see a Supergirl/Apocaplypse storyline with a phantom zone rescued/escaped Faora trained up by a version of Granny Goodness and the Furies (as opposed to Supergirl); plus, I never considered the Faora/Darth Maul connection.....I loved her part in the movie moreso than Zod or Namek........well played!!