Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41089 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« on: June 14, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
Meh.  It was okay, but I was more entertained watching IronMan III.  I was laughing out loud at the dildos they put Zod and crew into when they were putting them into the phantom zone.  I just think the whole Superman story is played out and old.  The need to reinvent him but also pay homage to the older Superman movies and story isn't needed.  Just make it new.
Lois Lane was annoying as shit, That actress reminds me of the chick Pam from The Office.  Amazing how she moves at light speed.  She seems to be everywhere.  How she managed to follow the entire final fight as Superman and Zod are flying at lightspeed through the city yet she is always there to see it happen was laughable.

What's ironic is that he is seen as a Hero and savior of earth but the only reason why earth was in danger was because of him.  If he didn't exist, Zod wouldn't have attacked earth.

One thing I didn't see and not sure if it was there are those little snippets after the credits.  Once the movie finished they didn't even roll credits, they just put the lights on and kicked us out, I guess they are trying to squeeze in as many viewers as they can today
I give it a 7/10 only because it was entertaining.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Just saw Man of Steele
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
  It was good

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 01:35:57 PM »
  It was good

Good, not great.  Doesn't make me anxious for a MOS II

ukjeff

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »
I give it a 7/10 only because it was entertaining.
Why else would you score a film?

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 02:07:21 PM »

What's ironic is that he is seen as a Hero and savior of earth but the only reason why earth was in danger was because of him.  If he didn't exist, Zod wouldn't have attacked earth.

Not true...there are nuclear explosions in space all the time; it would have happened eventually and the trio would have headed straight to Earth ... another planet near a yellow sun not existing on this side of the universe. 

If not for Superman, the trio would have ruled the world unchallenged.  It was Zod's mad desire for revenge against the son of his jailer that led him to various tactical errors which in turn led to neutralization of the trio's numerical advantage.

K

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 02:11:41 PM »
Not true...there are nuclear explosions in space all the time; it would have happened eventually and the trio would have headed straight to Earth ... another planet near a yellow sun not existing on this side of the universe.  

If not for Superman, the trio would have ruled the world unchallenged.  It was Zod's mad desire for revenge against the son of his jailer that led him to various tactical errors which in turn led to neutralization of the trio's numerical advantage.

The king declares you guilty of faggotry.

ukjeff

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 02:13:05 PM »

If not for Superman, the trio would have ruled the world unchallenged.  It was Zod's mad desire for revenge against the son of his jailer that led him to various tactical errors which in turn led to neutralization of the trio's numerical advantage.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
The king declares you guilty of faggotry.

the only thing you are "king" of is love of the kawk

your word means nothing, queerbait
K

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 02:17:17 PM »
K

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »
  The original Zod was the best

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:08:52 PM »
  The original Zod was the best

Kneel before Zod...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 09:03:56 PM »
MOS saw MOS 11 hours ago......loved every second of it!!!!  The vast majority of folks that dislike this film like nothing about Superman and I care nothing about their reviews.   They didn't grow up with the Donner films, they don't read the books, collect the toys, collect the merch, etc......for most this is a summer popcorn movie with splosions and a dude in a Superman costume.  The character means nothing to them.  

For me, my first movies in theaters were Star Wars and Superman the Movie.  I loved Superman the Movie and it's been my favorite movie my entire life.  I collected and played with every scrap of Supes stuff I could get my hands on.  Love the comic books....have a crates of books in my garage.  I used to draw Superman and write my own Superman stories.  Every Sunday I would take my parents' newspaper, take out the funnypaper/comics, go write to Superman, read it and then cut out the image of Superman and fly it around my house. Dressed up repeatedly as Supes for Halloween.  I owned all the old Superman cartoons and vhs and now dvd.  Faithfully watch Lois and Clark.  Faithfully watch Smallville until they basically took Superman out of the show LOL.  I can quote every line of Superman the Movie, Superman II and Superman III and Superman IV (saw this for my 12th birthday in theaters with friends).  I loved Superman Returns even though everyone else hated it LOL.  I still collect Superman action figures to this day....bought one this morning before I saw MOS LOL.  I love the character of Superman and have my entire life.  In short, I am a fan of Superman; hence my Getbig handle "Man of Steel".  For me MOS was glorious and wonderful....everything I ever wanted to see Supes do on the screen.....just loved this movie.  

That said, for those reviewers who are pretty much like, "Eh, MOS was a Superman movie and it was just 'meh' for me.....I don't really like Superman anyways."  Those reviews are my current toilet paper LOL.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 12:25:59 AM »
  Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 06:32:42 AM »
I loved the movie. Modern Superman and his enemies destroy the city in an epic fight.
S

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 08:37:39 AM »
Imax Monday  8)

Please no spoilers!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 08:46:38 AM »
im not so much into child movies

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 12:30:36 PM »
Superman fan here ..... but I only liked MAN OF STEEL for the first 30 minutes or so.

NOTE' .... POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT .......!!!!!!

I enjoyed:

The new version of Supe's origination.
His relationship with his foster parents ... Ma and Pa Kent.
His young resentment and fear of his super-powers.
His somewhat adverse relationship with his class-mates.
His attitude towards those who wanted to fight him while he was a relatively young CLARK. (That bar scene was very well done and I really liked how he handled that situation in the parking lot!)
His concern for those on the Oil Rig platform.

And I liked how ZOD was overcome. I bet it took many consultations to put that in the script.

I disliked:
Most all of the entire movie when ZOD and his crew entered the picture.  This is when this Superman production just became another Hollywoo Formula flick.
The fight scenes were well done but there were just way too many and way too long 'hit-em, sock-em, blow-em up, and knock-em-over" scenes that never seem to find an ending. These 'fight-em' scenes originated with INDEPENDENCE DAY and still continue in every blockbuster through the most recent IRONMAN .... and now it's the MAN OF STEEL's turn to overdo it.
I also disliked the fact that SUPE did not save his father. He coould have done it easily because he's SUPE. I laughed when his step-dad waved him off. I think that scene was a big mistake.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 12:39:01 PM »
MOS will make big bucks regardless of what I said above and some friends will be collecting decent residuals next year.

So watch out for a possible Superboy story adapted from the first 30+ minutes of this latest film which will show the trials and tribulations of growing up with super-powers  through his early grammar school years and up to his early 20's or so.

MOS showed a small part of this .... and to me .... it was the best part of the whole darn movie.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »
Superman fan here ..... but I only liked MAN OF STEEL for the first 30 minutes or so.

NOTE' .... POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT .......!!!!!!

I enjoyed:

The new version of Supe's origination.
His relationship with his foster parents ... Ma and Pa Kent.
His young resentment and fear of his super-powers.
His somewhat adverse relationship with his class-mates.
His attitude towards those who wanted to fight him while he was a relatively young CLARK. (That bar scene was very well done and I really liked how he handled that situation in the parking lot!)
His concern for those on the Oil Rig platform.

And I liked how ZOD was overcome. I bet it took many consultations to put that in the script.

I disliked:
Most all of the entire movie when ZOD and his crew entered the picture.  This is when this Superman production just became another Hollywoo Formula flick.
The fight scenes were well done but there were just way too many and way too long 'hit-em, sock-em, blow-em up, and knock-em-over" scenes that never seem to find an ending. These 'fight-em' scenes originated with INDEPENDENCE DAY and still continue in every blockbuster through the most recent IRONMAN .... and now it's the MAN OF STEEL's turn to overdo it.
I also disliked the fact that SUPE did not save his father. He coould have done it easily because he's SUPE. I laughed when his step-dad waved him off. I think that scene was a big mistake.

If the movie was twice as long with more action I would've loved it even more.

The "big mistake" scene where Jonathan Kent held up his hand to prevent young Clark from saving him and revealing himself was one of my favorites LOL.  

It amazes me sometimes how people are different.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »
  Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?

:D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »
"It amazes me sometimes how people are different"

MOS. Age difference most likely  ..... and the fact that I've seen way too many Hollywood formula movies over the past 30 years or so.

In my opinion the first part of MOS was not a 'formula script' but it was a good story about how a kid who wanted to be like other kids his age would handle abnormal and often 'resented' super-powers.

To me, that was the only interesting part of this movie.

The rest was the same old, same old.

But I gotta admit that what Supe did to ZOD was a surpise to SUpe fans everywhere and very interesting. Something I did not expect and a major Supe change since the beer in the bar scene when he was a bit younger.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 02:22:41 PM »
lol another "super hero" movie

and grown men watch this

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »
"It amazes me sometimes how people are different"

MOS. Age difference most likely  ..... and the fact that I've seen way too many Hollywood formula movies over the past 30 years or so.

In my opinion the first part of MOS was not a 'formula script' but it was a good story about how a kid who wanted to be like other kids his age would handle abnormal and often 'resented' super-powers.

To me, that was the only interesting part of this movie.

The rest was the same old, same old.

But I gotta admit that what Supe did to ZOD was a surpise to SUpe fans everywhere and very interesting. Something I did not expect and a major Supe change since the beer in the bar scene when he was a bit younger.

Prior to the Exile storyline in the comic books Superman sentenced General Zod, Zaora and Quexuyulx (can't remember spelling) to death by green kryptonite exposure when left with no outs.  In one cut of Superman II after removing Zod, Ursa and Non's powers with red Kryptonite they're all killed when they fall into the cold depths of the fortress of solitude.   In the comics the storyline that follows the death of the Krytonians is Superman's self-exile due to anguish over his killing them.  In MOS after snapping Zod's neck Kal lets out huge, anguish filled scream over intentionally killing Zod.  When confronted with Doomsday in "Death of" saga Superman has no choice but to take Doomsday's life.  In the Justice League series an alternate universe version of Superman lobotomizes and kills Doomsday.  Most are calling the death scene in MOS controversial, as a Supes fan I'm calling it par for the course in terms of established Superman mythos.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »
Prior to the Exile storyline in the comic books Superman sentenced General Zod, Zaora and Quexuyulx (can't remember spelling) to death by green kryptonite exposure when left with no outs.  In one cut of Superman II after removing Zod, Ursa and Non's powers with red Kryptonite they're all killed when they fall into the cold depths of the fortress of solitude.   In the comics the storyline that follows the death of the Krytonians is Superman's self-exile due to anguish over his killing them.  In MOS after snapping Zod's neck Kal lets out huge, anguish filled scream over intentionally killing Zod.  When confronted with Doomsday in "Death of" saga Superman has no choice but to take Doomsday's life.  In the Justice League series an alternate universe version of Superman lobotomizes and kills Doomsday.  Most are calling the death scene in MOS controversial, as a Supes fan I'm calling it par for the course in terms of established Superman mythos.
Superman movie where he is not 100% boyscout? Count me in!