Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41318 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Re: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:41 AM »
the Batman Trilogy did a fucking Great job of bringing famous vilains in the movie to fight Bruce wayne.....if this new superman plans for sequels, I hope they bring a Magnificent Vilain to fight superman, the Great DarkSeid would be fucking awesome

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »
Don't push it.  Ivana Onatopp was smoking hot.

she was a Bond girl.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »
she was a Bond girl.

she was still villainous

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2013, 10:16:03 AM »
there was quit a bit of chest hair peaking out of the top of the Superman suit in the neck area

outed

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
she was still villainous

and so is the borg queen.  i'm talking dc vs marvel universes.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
and so is the borg queen.  i'm talking dc vs marvel universes.

In that case, yes, Marvel Villainesses suck.  One thing I loved about the original Superman was when Faora lost her powers and Lois finished her off.  It was a "FUCK YEAH" moment. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »
  If you think bale was natural for bm and henry is natural for sm   then you really do buy what they are selling you

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
i thought this part of the movie was fucking AWESOME!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2013, 12:34:42 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
 I like the sonic booms

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2013, 04:20:10 PM »
  If you think bale was natural for bm and henry is natural for sm   then you really do buy what they are selling you

What I never understood about Bale's batman is that Lucious knew it was Wayne but Bruce Wayne would talk to Lucious normal and Batman would use his gruff voice.  Always made me laugh.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
Re: Just saw Man of Steele
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2013, 07:36:20 PM »
  The original Zod was the best
He battled Gordon Gekko too and won...
The Number 2 in Scranton

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingLeonidas/news/?a=81936

Video: Henry Cavill on why he wanted his Superman to have a hairy chest

"Sacrilege!" and "This is not Superman!" were the cries that greeted MAN OF STEEL set photos in late 2011 when photos of a bearded, super-shredded and extremely hirsute Henry Cavill leaked online. The primal beast-like appearance seemed aggressively alpha masculine compared to the gentler depictions of Superman in the earlier films and media and something more suited to Wolverine suggested many people.

MAN OF STEEL star Cavill had previously shaved his torso for the 2011 actioner Immortals to show off his muscle definition, but for MAN OF STEEL, he decided to give the razor a skip. Here's why.

It's something that I wanted to because in the comic book Death of Superman, there's this bit where his costume's ripped, and he's making the ultimate sacrifice and he's got this hairy chest and I was like "Okay, Why is the perception that because he's muscly, he must have no body hair?" And I thought why can't we just do that, like in the comic books. And so we did.

And well because, real men have chest hair!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2013, 09:49:02 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81910

Zack Snyder & The MAN OF STEEL Cast On The Possibility Of Seeing Doomsday In A Sequel

When Zack Snyder is asked when he thinks would be the right time to "unleash Doomsday", the director suggests that it's always a possibility now that Man Of Steel has opened the doors of the DC cinematic universe. Amy Adams thinks Doomsday would be cool (suggesting that Lex Luthor could introduce the character), but would prefer Bizarro. Michael Shannon admits that although he's heard of the "Death Of Superman", he could never get into the comic books, and Henry Cavill simply hopes it happens and thinks it'd be awesome.

I'm sure if Man Of Steel does kick off a franchise, it will only be a matter of time before Doomsday makes an appearance, but I'm not sure it would (or should) be in the second movie.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2013, 11:38:34 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81910

Zack Snyder & The MAN OF STEEL Cast On The Possibility Of Seeing Doomsday In A Sequel

When Zack Snyder is asked when he thinks would be the right time to "unleash Doomsday", the director suggests that it's always a possibility now that Man Of Steel has opened the doors of the DC cinematic universe. Amy Adams thinks Doomsday would be cool (suggesting that Lex Luthor could introduce the character), but would prefer Bizarro. Michael Shannon admits that although he's heard of the "Death Of Superman", he could never get into the comic books, and Henry Cavill simply hopes it happens and thinks it'd be awesome.

I'm sure if Man Of Steel does kick off a franchise, it will only be a matter of time before Doomsday makes an appearance, but I'm not sure it would (or should) be in the second movie.

don't listen to the chick!  Bizarro is not a good choice for the 2nd movie, worst than bringing in a magical creature.  doomsday is potentially a two part movie, depending on how they present it. he'll need a friend for darkside.  the trilogy will probably only be 3-4 movies like batman.  

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2013, 11:43:28 PM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2013, 11:49:39 PM »
remember the whore would say, Bizarro, because one of his affections was lois lane, the worst character in man of steel, so she gets an even bigger role.  ::) you gotta be kidding me!  ::)

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2013, 06:08:20 AM »
I saw the movie in 3d last night. There were a couple of action scenes where the 3d made it better, but overall I thought the 2d version was just as good.
S

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2013, 06:16:16 AM »
if they decide to bring in Doomsday, it would be best if they used him for a 3rd or 4th film. What made the Death of Superman story so powerful was that audiences thought of Superman as invincible. Doomsday challenged that notion. Man of Steel introduced us to Superman and his origin. It would be too soon to try and kill him off. Instead, they should use Braniac or Darkseid

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2013, 07:08:20 AM »
Can't have Doomsday in the second movie, too soon, too soon.

He needs to face a Villain that challenges his psyche in the second, like Brainiac, Lex or similar.

Then in part 3 or 4, it can be a Test of Strength again, vs Doomsday or another heavy hitter.

1:33 : General Zod has NOT read his comic-books! :D (love Michael Shannons expression there, lol)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2013, 07:52:35 AM »
Can't have Doomsday in the second movie, too soon, too soon.

He needs to face a Villain that challenges his psyche in the second, like Brainiac, Lex or similar.

Then in part 3 or 4, it can be a Test of Strength again, vs Doomsday or another heavy hitter.

1:33 : General Zod has NOT read his comic-books! :D (love Michael Shannons expression there, lol)

man, i do not want to see lex, am cool with wayne and him cleaning up but that's it.  unbound was dog shit.  brainiac will not translate well to the silver screen.  they have to go with darkside or doomsday.  doomsday falls within the realm of testing his limits, which his father spoke up, definitely the ultimate test.  

as i've said, i see them making doomsday into a kryptonian killer.  that's where the whole world machine came from.  some civilization created doomsday for a reason and that reason is to hunt kryptonian for the destruction of their world.  

i just hope lex doesn't get Zod's armor.  let him run for president or something and do some clean up.  that's it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2013, 08:09:42 AM »
man, i do not want to see lex, am cool with wayne and him cleaning up but that's it.  unbound was dog shit.  brainiac will not translate well to the silver screen.  they have to go with darkside or doomsday.  doomsday falls within the realm of testing his limits, which his father spoke up, definitely the ultimate test.  

as i've said, i see them making doomsday into a kryptonian killer.  that's where the whole world machine came from.  some civilization created doomsday for a reason and that reason is to hunt kryptonian for the destruction of their world.  

i just hope lex doesn't get Zod's armor.  let him run for president or something and do some clean up.  that's it.

I actually like the storyline where Superman almost killed Lex, have Sup go into darkness and kill Lex would be awesome.  Where Batman can't stop Sup from going into his dark soul as a killer.  Then they can introduce Darkseid or Dooms.  They need to make Lex nasty and not campy comical.  Some strong smart lex actor who makes you appreciate and despise him at the same time.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »
Finally saw it yesterday.

1. Actors playing Superman and both sets of parents were good.
2. First half of the movie was better than 2nd half. 
3. Female villain was much more interesting/entertaining than Zod.

Dislikes:

1. Second half of the movie reminded me of the Avengers.
2. CGI effects were overkill, especially the last 30 minutes.
3. The actors who portrayed Lois Lane and Zod were a bad choice for those characters.
4. The way Superman killed Zod was silly.  They just spent 30 minutes blowing through buildings and Superman simply breaks his neck? - dumb.

It was a matinee and the theater was about 50% full.  When the movie ended, I actually heard a few people say "that sucked".