Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41252 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »
Glad she didn't give up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=81986

Antje Traue Was On The Verge Of Quitting Acting Before Landing Faora-Ul Role

"Man of Steel's" Antje Traue gave herself a deadline, she would either 'make it' as an actress by age 30 or leave the profession. Lucky for her, she landed the role of Faora-Ul in Zack Snyder's Superman reboot at age 29. Her performance as the genetically-engineered Kryptonian killing machine is drawing universal praise and has more than a few lips voicing a strong desire to see her character return in a "Man of Steel" sequel. In describing her preparation for the role, Traue admits to being a bit of a method actor and to that end she abstained from overly fraternizing with her co-stars to make her performance seem more cold and alien.

Looking back to an earlier point in her life, Traue says she wasn't going to make it as an actress in Germany. "They said, ‘You’re not famous enough for the lead roles, and you’re too present for the supporting roles — you’d overpower the lead," said the 'Tigress of Zod'. To that end, she sought fame elsewhere and landed the role in her very first audition for an English-language film, a lead role in 2009's Pandorum. But that initial luck was atypical, as Traue then lost out on unspecified roles in "The Hobbit", "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" and a few other films. Things had digressed to a point where Traue was working at a restaurant when the call for "Man of Steel" auditions came in. The actress was hesitant at first, fearful of another rejection. She admitted, "I was at a point where I didn’t want to do it. I was exhausted from so many rejections, and I thought, ‘How many other girls are going to go for this?’ Maybe I was aiming too high."

But as her 30th birthday loomed, Traue decided to throw one last 'all or nothing' toss of the dice. It worked, "And then everything started coming in," the actress exclaimed.

Traue can next bee seen as one of the leads in another "Warner Bros." joint venture with "Legendary Pictures", "Seventh Son".

Faora sidestepping a bitch.  :o

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »
For me I had some of the same dislikes, but it was a trade off to see something I've always wanted out of Superman.  I was cool with Zod.  Lois sucked on an epic scale.

There's another movie which ended similar to Superman killing Zod, but I can't remember it at the moment.  The line "If you love these people more..." is almost identical.

Are you referring to the Transformers movies?

I think there is a big scene between Megatron and Optimus Prime in which Megatron tells him the same thing.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
Just saw it and thought it was great.

Loved the smallville tributes Dr. Hamilton and that one Kryptonian that played a Lex Luthor clone. And also the Sullivan's Automotive.

Was NOT expecting the ending. Finally Superman kills! 

Lots of action, Faora was hot, heat vision was cool.

They just did a great job.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
Lots of action, Faora was hot, heat vision was cool.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »

When he pulled out that knife, I was like " yeah.... The machine gun and the pistol didn't work.... That switch blade is the solution to your problem". Lol. But I admire his determination and not giving up!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »
Man of Steel posts here.
A

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »
Wired: Designing Krypton's Tech

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #257 on: June 29, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2013, 08:10:15 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/VoicesFromKrypton/news/?a=82782

EXCLUSIVE: Mark Waid Talks MAN OF STEEL Ending - SPOILERS GALORE!

It's the final third - particularly the ending - of Man of Steel that has caused the most controversy, and in this exclusive excerpt from an interview with writer Mark Waid he discusses that ending. Nothing but spoilers follow.
(author of the classic Superman: Birthright maxi-series that's currently celebrating its 10th anniversary - more about that at the end of this article).

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:41 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperheroStation/news/?a=82603

Brand New MAN OF STEEL Easter Egg Spotted

The logo for WGBS News has been spotted. WGBS News is the primary news outlet of the Galaxy Communications conglomerate which is owned by Morgan Edge, who is known for his connections to the villain Darkseid and ownership of The Globe newspaper. Check it out in the image below.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: July 09, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »

MAN OF STEEL Blu-ray Packaging Revealed.

The collector's edition of Man Of Steel will only have 35,000 available.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=82863

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #262 on: July 09, 2013, 09:34:34 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/VoicesFromKrypton/news/?a=82829

MAN OF STEEL Director Zack Snyder on Casting Henry Cavill - Audio Interview

In this one-on-one audio interview conducted shortly before Man of Steel opened, director Zack Snyder reflects on what it was about Henry Cavill that convinced him that he was the right man to play the last son of Krypton.