Author Topic: Casey V's workout routine with training poundages included  (Read 6049 times)

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
Re: Casey V's workout routine with training poundages included
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 12:55:02 PM »
I read an MMI interview with Casey where he said he used to get an erection when posing on stage.

Kinda strange. Strange that it happened and strange that he sort of bragged about it. ???

Edit. Found it with google.

At the link where I found the quote there's also a supposed Tom prince quote. :-X

What's the link?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »

There is no way in hell that Casey could incline press 455lbs. I bet for that photo shoot he was glad those two guys were there to help him get that weight off him.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 09:42:08 PM »
There is no way in hell that Casey could incline press 455lbs. I bet for that photo shoot he was glad those two guys were there to help him get that weight off him.

;D ;D ;D

but remember... he could dip with 300 pounds around his waist FOR REPS :D :D :D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 09:49:09 PM »
;D ;D ;D

but remember... he could dip with 300 pounds around his waist FOR REPS :D :D :D
When I use to power lift I would do dips with 120# dumbbell between my legs for 10 reps at 150# body weight. Casey was strong guys,but who knows who is printing these numbers. He was a true freak.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 09:56:56 PM »
When I use to power lift I would do dips with 120# dumbbell between my legs for 10 reps at 150# body weight. Casey was strong guys,but who knows who is printing these numbers. He was a true freak.

i had some phone consultations with Mentzer back in 2000 and i asked him about this and he said "well, Casey was known to stretch the truth a bit"

btw, what was your best bench and at what bodyweight?

also was it a shirt-free bench?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »
i had some phone consultations with Mentzer back in 2000 and i asked him about this and he said "well, Casey was known to stretch the truth a bit"

btw, what was your best bench and at what bodyweight?

also was it a shirt-free bench?
340# RAW at 148 pounds. I can still bench 340# but I am 170 now some 25 years later. I usually don't go under 10 reps of anything anymore, no need to at this point.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 10:21:04 PM »
340# RAW at 148 pounds. I can still bench 340# but I am 170 now some 25 years later. I usually don't go under 10 reps of anything anymore, no need to at this point.

damn! impressive 8)

i'm curious, when you trained for it did you do singles? not max singles, but heavy singles

i'm getting back into benching and i'm trying to decide if it's better to focus on heavy singles or do triples

each time i bench i do competition style bench with a full 2 second pause at the chest for each rep

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »
60 lbs dumbell laterals for 20 reps ::)
its statements like these that snap me back in to reality and once again i realize that this site must be full of mere mortal weaklings.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 10:32:14 PM »
damn! impressive 8)

i'm curious, when you trained for it did you do singles? not max singles, but heavy singles

i'm getting back into benching and i'm trying to decide if it's better to focus on heavy singles or do triples

each time i bench i do competition style bench with a full 2 second pause at the chest for each rep
Yes as it got closer to the meet I would do reps of 5, then the next week triples and the week before doubles as heavy as I could. This weight would be my opening lift for the meet. The most I ever bench not RAW and on juice in 1989 was 405# in the gym no pause at 182#.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »
Ok, and against popular belief and I've said thisbefore, bodybuilders trained hard and heavy back then, it was more of a priority than drugs. They trained twice a day, everyday. At least for us,legs was was a 3-4 hour Saturday affair, as an example. Today, there is very little work ethic, the work ethic today is taking their next shot at a certain time.
i will tell u first hand I grew up around pros and worked in and trained at some of the worlds most famous/infamous gyms.
Bodybuilders train NOTHING like in the older days. I stepped away from the gym scene in the early nineties for nearly ten years.  I was building my business. I built a huge home gym so I never left the training though. When I could let the business run itself I began to vacation again.  I found myself back in the gyms. The absolute first thing that was struck me hard was how big and puffy all the pros got and how they trained like pussies!  Like slugs using light machines but bulging mounds of puffy muscle everywhere. Gone was the screaming to failure, gone was the passing out n puking due to high rep heavy squats, gone were the giant sets n super sets,  gone was the urgency to get to your next set. Gone was that "eye of the tiger" tunnel vision almost trance like or leaving this world mentally for the moment and being engrossed or lost in the iron.
Ce la vie.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 11:03:31 PM »
i will tell u first hand I grew up around pros and worked in and trained at some of the worlds most famous/infamous gyms.
Bodybuilders train NOTHING like in the older days. I stepped away from the gym scene in the early nineties for nearly ten years.  I was building my business. I built a huge home gym so I never left the training though. When I could let the business run itself I began to vacation again.  I found myself back in the gyms. The absolute first thing that was struck me hard was how big and puffy all the pros got and how they trained like pussies!  Like slugs using light machines but bulging mounds of puffy muscle everywhere. Gone was the screaming to failure, gone was the passing out n puking due to high rep heavy squats, gone were the giant sets n super sets,  gone was the urgency to get to your next set. Gone was that "eye of the tiger" tunnel vision almost trance like or leaving this world mentally for the moment and being engrossed or lost in the iron.
Ce la vie.

^^^This.

And that's one of the reasons why I built my gym the I did. To bring people back to real training.AMD reintroduce it to people who don't know.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »
 :P????
F

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 09:04:41 AM »
cool pics funk 8)

so the question is... did he really curl that 225 pound barbell for 20 reps like he claimed that he did ???

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »
cool pics funk 8)

so the question is... did he really curl that 225 pound barbell for 20 reps like he claimed that he did ???

LOL that he needed spotters for curls.