Author Topic: Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin took my Super Bowl ring  (Read 4047 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin took my Super Bowl ring
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has made the rounds this week, dishing on Tim Tebow's "spirituality," and telling tales about his encounters with powerful men of the east.
Brandt: The Tim Tebow puzzle
What is behind Bill Belichick's surprising decision to bring Tim Tebow to the Patriots? Gil Brandt tries to figure out the coach's angle. More ...

You might recall that Kraft in 2005 joined a cadre of businessmen to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in St. Petersburg. The Patriots owner walked into that meeting with a jewel-laced Super Bowl XXXIX ring on his finger, but left empty-handed.

"I showed the president my most recent Super Bowl ring," Kraft said at the time, per The Boston Globe. Putin "was clearly taken with its uniqueness ... at that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin."

Not so fast. Kraft now admits Putin nabbed the ring -- worth upwards of $25,000 -- without his consent.

"I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin)," Kraft said this week, per the New York Post. "And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,' I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Kraft kept his wits about him and complied with a call from the White House, in which a George W. Bush handler told him: " 'It would really be in the best interest of U.S.-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present.' "

I had an opportunity to chat with Kraft in the hours before Super Bowl XLVI, and asked him which of his Super Bowl victories meant the most. "That's like asking about different children," he said. "Every child is special."

Especially a child kidnapped by the Russians.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000212453/article/robert-kraft-vladimir-putin-took-my-super-bowl-ring

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: Robert Kraft: Vladimir Putin took my Super Bowl ring
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
What a silly old man. He gave him the ring and never asked for it back. No insurance company would call this theft.

Old man probably just changed his mind. We know how greedy and stubborn his particular generation tends to be.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »
wait now, wait....
Coach, I know you are hardcore American red neck but even you can't really believe that V.V.Putin said "I can kill someone with this ring"

Not sure if this is even ment to be serious?
Someone working at white house surely knows Soviet Union at that point hadn't existed for 15 years.

Holy shit, CIA is seriously loosing the propaganda war if this is the best they can come up with  ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:44:40 PM »
wait now, wait....
Coach, I know you are hardcore American red neck but even you can't really believe that V.V.Putin said "I can kill someone with this ring"

Not sure if this is even ment to be serious?
Someone working at white house surely knows Soviet Union at that point hadn't existed for 15 years.

Holy shit, CIA is seriously loosing the propaganda war if this is the best they can come up with  ;D

+ 3 KGB bodyguards , don't exist for long time  ;D ;D ;D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 08:50:18 PM »
Putin is the man.

Judo blackbelt, kleptomaniac, poisoning dissidents with uranium and arming Syria.

The guy is a real life bond villain.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
  Putin is a Pimp

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
i believe the one he stole was the 3rd championship ring

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »
For the tough times, a pictorial special:

V.V.P. arrives in g8 summit in North Ireland  like a boss as usual, HAHA   8)
First meeting in long time with 'Bama later today - in an hour or so.
will the "ring gate" dominate the summit, remains to be seen. Chilly.

Update: Also 'Bama has landed:

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 10:31:19 AM »
Is this the said yankee ?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA, definitely looks like Mr. Putin took it without his blessing LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL LOLOLOLOLOL-lol machine

'Moron scumbag was probably denied some Big Oil Ruble recently and got furious. Poor bastard.
Come get you ring back  boy ;D ;D

Let's keep thumbs up Mr. Putin fights tonight for small countries to remain independent! The world trusts you Vladimir Vladimirovich!

The Idol

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »
  Putin is a Pimp
You've said that before. Why not go live among the commies if you enjoy it so much?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 11:56:36 AM »
Putin is pissing off so many people he won't last long once he leaves office.  He will need to be surrounded by an army 24x7 to make sure no one tries to steal his $40+ billion that he stole.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »
  How much did Putin steal?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 02:57:20 PM »
Kraft is a major player for the tribe...However the guy is half in the bag at almost any function he attends and is borderline embarrassing because of his slurring from being drunk... This story being leaked is for sure some sort of GGewish propaganda.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
 How much did Putin steal?

Probably worlds richest man, smartly don't talk like others about his wealth  ;)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 03:10:55 PM »
Obama's arrival 4 G8 = family "Value" circus , was granma & family dog there too

Putin arrival = Macho Man is there