Author Topic: Buying a car need help !  (Read 2596 times)

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
Buying a car need help !
« on: June 17, 2013, 12:26:03 PM »
Hey guys, I am thinking of buying a new car and was hoping to get some advices from my fellow getbiggers;  currently I am having a tough time deciding between a 2014 Accord Coupe V6 and a 2014 Audi Rs5.  I mean it's tough choice and was hoping to get some advices   ???

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Buying a car need help !
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 12:27:20 PM »
audi

no brainer
T

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 12:29:02 PM »
Change the thread title to:

Parker, need your opinion

problem solved.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »
If you are Asian, go with the Honda, if you are a wannabe douche, wear dark rimmed glasses with no lenses, use only Apple products,  pick the audi

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:56 PM »
If you are Asian, go with the Honda, if you are a wannabe douche, wear dark rimmed glasses with no lenses, use only Apple products,  pick the audi

;D
T

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 12:34:55 PM »
Hey guys, I am thinking of buying a new car and was hoping to get some advices from my fellow getbiggers;  currently I am having a tough time deciding between a 2014 Accord Coupe V6 and a 2014 Audi Rs5.  I mean it's tough choice and was hoping to get some advices   ???

Audi will be much more expensive all around , price , maintenance , repair , fuel. Odd the choice between the two , most people it's Camry or Accord not RS5 lol

It all depends on what the car is going to be used for as well.

ag2

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
Audi will be much more expensive all around , price , maintenance , repair , fuel. Odd the choice between the two , most people it's Camry or Accord not RS5 lol

It all depends on what the car is going to be used for as well.

ND do you know approx. what the price difference may be?   :o

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »
Audis and VWs are extremely unreliable and have shit resale value. If you're going used definitely go with the Honda. No question about it.
(

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 01:12:47 PM »
What do you want in a car? Performance, Id imagine since you are looking at a coupe. The Accord will run you into the mid 30s.....get a Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ for almost 10k less.....and they look a lot nicer.

The Audi? Why???? It makes zero sense unless you are attempting to impress complete strangers....in which no one looks at an Audi twice anyway. Mustang GT, Corvette, Camaro SS, Challenger, and Hyundai Genesis all make comparable and often exceeding performance.....and a lot easier to modify for lots less.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »

you bloody belchin girl. Did macfags already claim the Audi brand as one of their own and macfag approved?

:o
all drugs - TPPIIP

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »
Ask Parker he knows all cars.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
True Adonis has owned plenty of exotics :-\

THE BEEF

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
The RS5 is an obvious choice, BUT... Have you ever seen an old Audi on the road?

Anything ever before 2002?

Honestly, I haven't... The civic will be on the  road in 400K miles... I highly doubt the Audi will be. Then again, maybe that doesn't matter to you.

Buy what you like.

ukjeff

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
audi

no brainer

Audi = expensive Volkswagen.
Same car, pay for the badge.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
just get a murcielago with custom wheels.

and a gallardo as grocery getter.

and maybe something bit less "in-your-face"to commute to work, parhaps the new viper.

dont go to work with your helicopter,ppl will be jealous.

you can pick a used one up for 160k, drive it for 2 years and sell it for 160k. cant think of many cars you can do that with.
b

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »

::)

if you had what it took to be in a position to make a decision like this, you wouldn't need any help

in reality, your wife will pick whichever car her black lover tells her he wants you to buy for him, providing you can get it with no money down despite you 419 credit score

K

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »
The RS5 is an obvious choice, BUT... Have you ever seen an old Audi on the road?

Yes I have. What's more I've driven an old Audi on the road.

Anything ever before 2002?

Is 1981 before 2002? Big numbers were never my strong suit.

Honestly, I haven't... The civic will be on the  road in 400K miles... I highly doubt the Audi will be. Then again, maybe that doesn't matter to you.

Even if they are rare what does that prove? Correlation does not imply causation.

After the hatchet job that 60 Minutes did on the 5000 in the mid '80s, the resale value of Audi vehicles plummeted and Audi's sales basically dropped off a cliff. They were, in essence, dead. Things began to recover in 2001, so for about 15 years the U.S. was a dead market for them. So perhaps that explains why you don't see many older Audi's. The older models from the 80's (if you can get them) are, basically, bulletproof. Ridiculously overengineered and able to soak up abuse like nobody's business.

I could tell you stories about that 1981 I mentioned. What a beast of a car...

Audi = expensive Volkswagen.
Same car, pay for the badge.

Not quite. Is a Porsche a more expensive Audi? Or a SEAT a less expensive Volkswagen? Is, by the same token, a Lexus an expensive Toyota and a Scion a cheap one?

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
The Honda costs around $32,000 and the Audi starts at around $69,000.

This therefore cannot be a serious question.

My uncle in the USA drove an Audi 5000 for 20 years until it had 200,000 miles on it.  In the UK old Audi's like the original A4 are everywhere and have an unbreakable reputation. Much more so than recent BMW's which have all sorts of reliability and manufacturer recall issues such as cracking Alloys and failed fuel injection systems after 3000 miles.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 03:15:45 PM »
Yes I have. What's more I've driven an old Audi on the road.

Is 1981 before 2002? Big numbers were never my strong suit.

Even if they are rare what does that prove? Correlation does not imply causation.

After the hatchet job that 60 Minutes did on the 5000 in the mid '80s, the resale value of Audi vehicles plummeted and Audi's sales basically dropped off a cliff. They were, in essence, dead. Things began to recover in 2001, so for about 15 years the U.S. was a dead market for them. So perhaps that explains why you don't see many older Audi's. The older models from the 80's (if you can get them) are, basically, bulletproof. Ridiculously overengineered and able to soak up abuse like nobody's business.

I could tell you stories about that 1981 I mentioned. What a beast of a car...

Not quite. Is a Porsche a more expensive Audi? Or a SEAT a less expensive Volkswagen? Is, by the same token, a Lexus an expensive Toyota and a Scion a cheap one?

If you like it, that's great. I'm just saying that when it comes to cars it is not illogical to draw the conclusion that older Audi's are not very reliable. There are a few AMC Gremlins still on the road too.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 03:29:02 PM »
Honda, great reliability and resale!

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »
::)

if you had what it took to be in a position to make a decision like this, you wouldn't need any help

in reality, your wife will pick whichever car her black lover tells her he wants you to buy for him, providing you can get it with no money down despite you 419 credit score

x2  Bah!

ag2

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »
Thanks for the great replies, as for the persons saying it's what my wife's black lover wants, sorry I am not married and I am in a position to buy it but am stuck as to whether or not I want to make that expensive car purchase, later on in life you have to invest money for retirement so if I am ever going to man up and buy it has to be now.  For the person questioning my credit score I am not financing it but buying it outright, just want to know if it is worth paying the extra cost.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 03:48:35 PM »
Thanks for the great replies, as for the persons saying it's what my wife's black lover wants, sorry I am not married and I am in a position to buy it but am stuck as to whether or not I want to make that expensive car purchase, later on in life you have to invest money for retirement so if I am ever going to man up and buy it has to be now.  For the person questioning my credit score I am not financing it but buying it outright, just want to know if it is worth paying the extra cost.

wow I really got "owned" being "wrong" in my post   ::)

again, if you were truly in a position to make a decision like this, you wouldn't need any help

beyond pathetic need for validation
K

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
The Honda costs around $32,000 and the Audi starts at around $69,000.

This therefore cannot be a serious question.

My uncle in the USA drove an Audi 5000 for 20 years until it had 200,000 miles on it.  In the UK old Audi's like the original A4 are everywhere and have an unbreakable reputation. Much more so than recent BMW's which have all sorts of reliability and manufacturer recall issues such as cracking Alloys and failed fuel injection systems after 3000 miles.
An Accord costs  32,000 these days? What a joke. I paid that for my new v8 Challenger.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »