Author Topic: Pet Food Recall  (Read 3484 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Pet Food Recall
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:48:07 PM »
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm348786.htm

Lines include: Innova®, California Natural®, EVO®, HealthWise®, Mother Nature® and Karma®. To learn more about Natura Pet Products visit www.NaturaPet.com.

:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Pet Food Recall
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:39:24 AM »
Thank you Princess.  I feed EVO but my dogs seem fine (threw away the bag of the food they are currently eating when I transferred it to the tub) but I checked my spare bag (in case of EMP attack) and according to the exp. date it is not one on the recall.

My dogs seem fine thank God but I'm wondering if I should toss my current food in the tub.   :-\
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »
Thank you Princess.  I feed EVO but my dogs seem fine (threw away the bag of the food they are currently eating when I transferred it to the tub) but I checked my spare bag (in case of EMP attack) and according to the exp. date it is not one on the recall.

My dogs seem fine thank God but I'm wondering if I should toss my current food in the tub.   :-\

If they're fine, then I wouldn't.  I seem to recall ~flower~ saying a healthy dog can handle it anyway, with no real effects.  I think I also read somewhere that you're supposed to keep food in it's original bag for some reason.  Maybe it's just for the lot and code info  ???
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 02:52:13 PM »
If they're fine, then I wouldn't.  I seem to recall ~flower~ saying a healthy dog can handle it anyway, with no real effects.  I think I also read somewhere that you're supposed to keep food in it's original bag for some reason.  Maybe it's just for the lot and code info  ???

I went into the store and there has been another recall (from what I had read before) and those particular shelves were empty w/a letter from NaturaPet on each one.  I talked to the lady there and she also said that healthy dogs normally would be fine and that it's more of a precaution for people that may handle the food but I bought some different food anyway just in case.  She said the type I got should be the closest ingredient wise to their EVO food since I probably won't do the mixing switching thing..I may just switch completely to the new food.  Said they'd give me store credit for my unopened bag.
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 07:05:12 PM »
On Tuesday, Natura Pet Products expanded its voluntary pet food recall to include all Innova, Calif. Natural, EVO, Healthwise, Mother Nature and Karma branded dry pet food and biscuit/bar/treat products with expiration dates prior to June 10, 2014 due to a positive salmonella test conducted by the FDA

http://kdvr.com/2013/06/19/natura-pet-products-expand-pet-food-recall-for-salmonella/
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:28:20 AM »
I've got them on "Core" Wellness for the time being.  They seem to like it and their poops look pretty good.
R