Author Topic: Buying a Hitler autograph.  (Read 20102 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Buying a Hitler autograph.
« on: June 21, 2013, 05:52:29 AM »
I posted a while back that I was looking to buy a piece of art by Adolf Hitler. While looking for this, a came across an authentic signed photo from 1924 for $2,000. My question to you guys is, doesn't that seem a bit cheap? I mean, don't you think that an autograph of someone who a lot of people put up there as one of the most evil people in history would fetch a bit more? I also picked up a document signed by Victor Emanuel and Mussolini for $380. All legit authentic stuff. I mean, Babe Ruth would get you way more than that. By the way, I'm not anti Semitic, just really interested in World War Two and the players involved. I have a Patton signature as well, and am looking for an Eisenhower.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Buying a Hitler autograph.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 06:07:33 AM »
That seems really cheap for something like that. Could be a fraud.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 06:12:11 AM »
That seems really cheap for something like that. Could be a fraud.

I thought so as well, but after going through the different discussion boards for things like that, and searching the internet, this guy has a very good reputation.  Snyder's Treasures sells the paintings, but he has a bad reputation on the boards and in those circles, much like another collector I met at a gun show.  This guy is actually in Germany, and has a decent rep, but yes, it could be a fraud, but I don't think so as this photo is documented in a book, it's supposed to be one of his earliest before going to jail after the beer hall putsch.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 06:32:33 AM »
Look into how many exist.  Supply & demand, etc.  It does seem surprisingly cheap tho, unless he was really churning them out.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 06:42:37 AM »

yes, im sure 'getbig' is the proper place to ask for advise on this.

b

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »

yes, im sure 'getbig' is the proper place to ask for advise on this.

I know you are being sarcastic, but look at what you just wrote and think about it. ;D

Seriously though, I have done the research, it's more of a "I can't believe it's that cheap" than anything else.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 06:50:15 AM »
Stark can verify it for you.

Lol at I'm not antisemetic but....

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 06:54:08 AM »
i want to buy some of these fine wines, anybody knows where?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 06:56:44 AM »
Stark can verify it for you.

Lol at I'm not antisemetic but....

Seriously, I'm not.  I just think that with the technology we had in the 20th century, that we can actually view this conqueror step by step, and it is recorded forever.  It's not like Napoleon where all you have is stories in books, we have actual pictures of this war and it is probably the last of it's kind.  I actually wish I could find a signature of Suleiman the Magnificent, I think that would be cool as well.  I picked up a minor in history, and after I retire or pay off my house, wouldn't mind becoming a college level history professor and enthuse people the way I am about history.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 06:57:41 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 07:02:54 AM »
Thinking about it, it's got to be BS.  Carrying out an authentication of the ink and paper as even being from the time would cost more than $2k.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 07:19:43 AM »
would you buy a bottle of that ron avidan?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 07:25:17 AM »
would you buy a bottle of that ron avidan?

As in Ron Avidian wine, or are you asking whether or not Ron would buy one of those bottles? ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »
Look into how many exist.  Supply & demand, etc. It does seem surprisingly cheap tho, unless he was really churning them out.
This. If you're really into Hitler, look to stuff he's signed. I'm a book guy, so I'd go for a 1st Mein Kampf, but that would probably demand a ridiculous price. Actually, just looked it up and you can get a 1st/2nd printing with a laid-in signature for US$ 9,645.39.  Not good. What you want is original stuff with a flatsigned signature. I don't know anything about the Hitler 'market,' but I'd guess that your best bet would be one of those fancy house auctions.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 07:38:32 AM »
That wine is the most gimmicky shit I've ever seen.  "Hey would ya look at that!  It's got Hitler on it!"  That's gotta be some rotgut stuff.  It ain't selling on quality.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 07:42:19 AM »
That wine is the most gimmicky shit I've ever seen.  "Hey would ya look at that!  It's got Hitler on it!"  That's gotta be some rotgut stuff.  It ain't selling on quality.
A wine with first notes of nationalism and betrayal attended by hints of ash and bunker?

/so sorry

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 07:44:08 AM »
A wine with first notes of nationalism and betrayal attended by hints of ash and bunker?

/so sorry

Yep.  See you there.  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 08:08:54 AM »
Yep.  See you there.  ;D
Corner table. First shout's on me.   :)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 08:10:18 AM »
 ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 08:15:30 AM »
I am thinking to the right buyer a signed piece by Hitler would go for a few hundred thousand, may even reach the $1,000,0000+ price range.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 08:39:11 AM »
Found a 2 page signed hand written letter on the web for sale for $3500 so apparently $2000 for a signature might even be a little high.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 08:56:09 AM »
I posted a while back that I was looking to buy a piece of art by Adolf Hitler. While looking for this, a came across an authentic signed photo from 1924 for $2,000. My question to you guys is, doesn't that seem a bit cheap? I mean, don't you think that an autograph of someone who a lot of people put up there as one of the most evil people in history would fetch a bit more? I also picked up a document signed by Victor Emanuel and Mussolini for $380. All legit authentic stuff. I mean, Babe Ruth would get you way more than that. By the way, I'm not anti Semitic, just really interested in World War Two and the players involved. I have a Patton signature as well, and am looking for an Eisenhower.
How can you be anti-semitic when most European Jews were not semitic??

http://www.darkmoon.me/2013/european-jews-are-not-semites-by-rehmat/

The result of a new genetic study published in the British journal Genome Biology and Evolution claims that European Jews (Ashkenazim) don’t belong to the 12 (Semitic) tribes of Israel. They’re a mix of genetic ancestries. Far more than previously thought, they appear to originate in tribes from the Caucasus region that sits between Eastern Europe and Asia Minor—the land between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea.

Ashkenazi ancestry comes from Slav, Bulgar, Iranian and Turkic tribes which established the Khazar empire in that region – which at its peak stretched from Kiev in the West to the Aral Sea in the Southeast.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »
How can you be anti-semitic when most European Jews were not semitic??

http://www.darkmoon.me/2013/european-jews-are-not-semites-by-rehmat/

The result of a new genetic study published in the British journal Genome Biology and Evolution claims that European Jews (Ashkenazim) don’t belong to the 12 (Semitic) tribes of Israel. They’re a mix of genetic ancestries. Far more than previously thought, they appear to originate in tribes from the Caucasus region that sits between Eastern Europe and Asia Minor—the land between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea.

Ashkenazi ancestry comes from Slav, Bulgar, Iranian and Turkic tribes which established the Khazar empire in that region – which at its peak stretched from Kiev in the West to the Aral Sea in the Southeast.

Do you ever take a break from hate?   :-\

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazars

Conversion of the royalty and aristocracy to Judaism

Jewish communities had existed in the Greek cities of the Black Sea coast since late classical times. Chersonesos, Sudak, Kerch, and other Crimean cities sustained Jewish communities, as did Gorgippia, and Samkarsh / Tmutarakan was said to have had a Jewish majority as early as the 670s. Jews fled from Byzantium to Khazaria as a consequence of persecution under Heraclius, Justinian II, Leo III, and Romanos I.[97] These were joined by other Jews fleeing from Sassanid Persia (particularly during the Mazdak revolts),[98] and later from the Islamic world. Jewish merchants such as the Radhanites regularly traded in Khazar territory and may have wielded significant economic and political influence. Though their origins and history are somewhat unclear, the Mountain Jews also lived in or near Khazar territory and may have been allied with the Khazars, or subject to them; it is conceivable that they, too, played a role in Khazar conversion.

At some point in the last decades of the 8th century or the early 9th century, the Khazar royalty and nobility converted to Judaism, and part of the general population may have followed.[99] The extent of the conversion is debated. The 10th century Persian historian Ibn al-Faqih reported that "all the Khazars are Jews." Notwithstanding this statement, most scholars believe that only the upper classes converted to Judaism;[100] there is some support for this in contemporary Muslim texts.[101]
Contemporary historians provided much detail about the religion and daily life of Khazars. One of the most detailed descriptions of Khazars came from Arab historian Ahmed ibn Fadlan, who traveled to Khazaria in 922 as the emissary of the Baghdad caliph. According to his account the majority of Khazars were Muslims and Christians, while the Jewish population represented a minority in the kingdom. According to ibn Fadlan, contrary to non-Jewish Khazars, the king and his royal court were Jewish. Ibn Fadlan claimed that 100,000 Muslims lived in Khazaria, and thirty mosques were established there. He also described a strong pagan community consisting mostly of Slavic peoples. Regarding governance, Ibn Fadlan wrote that judges were elected equally from Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and Pagan communities.[102] Dmitry Vasilyev, a professor at Astrakhan State University who excavated sites associated with Khazars, states that after the fall of the Khazar empire, "Khazars were slowly assimilated by Turkic-speaking tribes, Tatars and Mongols."[103]

The Khazars enjoyed close relations with the Jews of the Levant and Persia. The Persian Jews, for example, hoped that the Khazars might succeed in conquering the Caliphate.[104] The high esteem in which the Khazars were held among the Jews of the Orient may be seen in the application to them, in an Arabic commentary on Isaiah ascribed by some to Saadia Gaon, and by others to Benjamin Nahawandi, of Isaiah 48:14: "The Lord hath loved him." "This", says the commentary, "refers to the Khazars, who will go and destroy Babel" (i.e., Babylonia), a name used to designate the country of the Arabs.[105] From the Khazar Correspondence it is apparent that two Spanish Jews, Judah ben Meir ben Nathan and Joseph Gagris, had succeeded in settling in the land of the Khazars. Saadia, who had a fair knowledge of the kingdom of the Khazars, mentions a certain Isaac ben Abraham who had removed from Sura to Khazaria.

Likewise, the Khazar rulers viewed themselves as the protectors of international Jewry and corresponded with foreign Jewish leaders. The letters exchanged between the Khazar ruler Joseph and the Spanish rabbi Hasdai ibn Shaprut have been preserved. They were known to retaliate against Muslim or Christian interests in Khazaria for the persecution of Jews abroad.[citation needed] Ibn Fadlan relates that around 920 the Khazar ruler received information that Muslims had destroyed a synagogue in the land of Babung, in Iran; he gave orders that the minaret of the mosque in his capital should be broken off and the muezzin executed. He further declared that he would have destroyed the mosque entirely had he not been afraid that the Muslims would in turn destroy all the synagogues in their lands.

The theory that the majority of Ashkenazi Jews are the descendants of the Khazar population was advocated by various racial theorists[107][108] and antisemitic sources[108][109][110][111] in the 20th century, especially following the publication of Arthur Koestler's The Thirteenth Tribe. This belief is still popular among groups such as the Christian Identity Movement, Black Hebrews, British Israelitists, and others (particularly Arabs[112][113][114]) who claim that they, rather than Jews, are the true descendants of the Israelites, or who seek to downplay the connection between Ashkenazi Jews and Israel in favor of their own.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »
Do you ever take a break from hate?   :-\
Political Correctness is our 1984. Go read Animal Farm moron. Since when did the truth become hate? It is common knowledge that Ashkenazi Jews originated from the Khazarian Empire. And the majority of WW2 jewish victims were Ashkenazi. They were converts and not the original jews.

It is any small wonder that the majority of modern jews are atheists or agnostic?