Author Topic: My New Gym - Brickyard Gym  (Read 50173 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: My New Gym - Brickyard Gym
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »
DUH, DUH, AND DUHer
Let me know when you see striations in your fingers.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2013, 03:16:41 PM »
Got you but Respect comes before Humor.
And those boys have none.

hahahahaha respect for who? you? for what? cause you were a 'big deal' in your own mind at one time in a scene thats a microcosm of everything that has nothing to do with bodybuilding in its truest form whatsoever? if it were about REAL bodybuilding it would be about sculpting the perfect physique, not walking around looking like a fat dumpy stooge getting chalk on everything thinking your a bodybuilder cause you can do some stupidly obscure lifts with two fingers.

there are physiques here mocking you far greater than the sad display of fat you carried around when you were 30 thinking it was muscle and you were 'hardcore'. so keep running bobby. the whole board is seeing the beating you and your 'reputation' is taking.

tell me bob, if you guys are all such 'real bodybuilders' how come you all look like shit?

thanks for coming out, sideshow bob. lol

b

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2013, 04:04:38 PM »
Just a few stills of Big Rich when he flew out to visit me at my home.
It's Called Respect.

Someone will have Falcon's photos chopped in these pictures by sun fall.lol

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »
So to recap

Older out of shape dudes who have trained with the best of the best just love the cock and will only train in gyms that have plenty of cock and will get down and dirty with the cock...And the younger guys with the ripped up abs who get all the hot chicks aren't interested in training in gyms where there is so much focus on the cock...
Does that sum it up?

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: My New Gym...
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
if you own that warehouse building up north im guessing 150-200 grand for the big warehouse

plus equipment 125grand

im guessing your target is to get around 40 people signed up in one year (lets say 100 dollar gym member ship a year). thats not actually bad if you can sign up 40 people a year every year bare minimum you can have enough money to 'live' on

40 people x $100 per year = $4,000 for the year. That's not good at all. That's only $333 per month and the utilities and everything else has not been paid for yet. Always wondered how these little gyms survive.

Some Powerhouse gyms have 1000 plus members paying over $30 per month. And people still don't mind paying that.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: My New Gym...
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2013, 05:22:51 PM »
40 people x $100 per year = $4,000 for the year. That's not good at all. That's only $333 per month and the utilities and everything else has not been paid for yet. Always wondered how these little gyms survive.

Some Powerhouse gyms have 1000 plus members paying over $30 per month. And people still don't mind paying that.
agreed.  I put a lot of money blood sweat n tears in to this place.  The nice thing is im not desperate.  I already am doing pretty well.  So worst case it fails but it wont...haha..just had to stop typing to sign up a husband n wife.  its 49 a month cash or check...39 a month recurring cc or bank account quit anytime u want no contract or 420 a year. we r currently having no problem selling memberships.  its worth it.  i wouldnt even think of that business model ten bucks a month. I recently was talking to a gym big wig who was laffing in his car that he sells 10 dollar memberships to and makes a killing cuz he knows that at that price people dont cancel cuz its so small but only about 15 percent of his members actually come to the gym and he loves taking peoples money.  he said if they all ever really showed up he'd be fucked cuz no room.

That ain't the kind of gym I want to be involved in my getbig brothers!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2013, 01:46:00 AM »
hahahahaha respect for who? you? for what? cause you were a 'big deal' in your own mind at one time in a scene thats a microcosm of everything that has nothing to do with bodybuilding in its truest form whatsoever? if it were about REAL bodybuilding it would be about sculpting the perfect physique, not walking around looking like a fat dumpy stooge getting chalk on everything thinking your a bodybuilder cause you can do some stupidly obscure lifts with two fingers.

there are physiques here mocking you far greater than the sad display of fat you carried around when you were 30 thinking it was muscle and you were 'hardcore'. so keep running bobby. the whole board is seeing the beating you and your 'reputation' is taking.

tell me bob, if you guys are all such 'real bodybuilders' how come you all look like shit?

thanks for coming out, sideshow bob. lol

Are you saying that Cock Hoover, is the type of 'guy' who put extra chalk on his boyfriends pillow, to keep him exactly where he wants him?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2013, 02:28:31 AM »
Just a few stills of Big Rich when he flew out to visit me at my home.
It's Called Respect.

Why do you make your plates so that the barbell turns into the little characture's penis? I used a set once and it felt creepy and weird but arousing every time I loaded another plate.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2013, 02:35:21 AM »
Why do you make your plates so that the barbell turns into the little characture's penis? I used a set once and it felt creepy and weird but arousing every time I loaded another plate.

Those plates show no respect to straight males :-\

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2013, 04:09:50 AM »
Richards a great guy, and still as strong as an Ox.
He showed me tons of pics at last years AOBS of when he visited Bob Z.

The 1977 WSM was on last night with Patera, Ferrigno, Franco, etc.
Lots of Zuvers (and Zuver stuff) constantly on screen. Zuver Man was shown a ton of times.
I have an old VHS (bad quality) of that contest, glad I got to DVR a nice version of it last night.
(Some new NBC Sports channel I guess I get now).

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2013, 04:59:11 AM »
Richards a great guy, and still as strong as an Ox.
He showed me tons of pics at last years AOBS of when he visited Bob Z.

The 1977 WSM was on last night with Patera, Ferrigno, Franco, etc.
Lots of Zuvers (and Zuver stuff) constantly on screen. Zuver Man was shown a ton of times.
I have an old VHS (bad quality) of that contest, glad I got to DVR a nice version of it last night.
(Some new NBC Sports channel I guess I get now).
dam I wish I knew that. I get nbcsports too.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2013, 06:11:36 AM »

Are you saying that Cock Hoover, is the type of 'guy' who put extra chalk on his boyfriends pillow, to keep him exactly where he wants him?

hahaha what im saying bigcyp is that Blob Hoover is the type of guy who'll to planet fitness in his zubaz pants and headbands and intentionally drops the weights so he brag about how 'hardcore' he is when he gets kicked out.
b

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2013, 06:17:52 AM »
hahaha what im saying bigcyp is that Blob Hoover is the type of guy who'll to planet fitness in his zubaz pants and headbands and intentionally drops the weights so he brag about how 'hardcore' he is when he gets kicked out.

Haha yes no one, Rob Goober is the type of 'hardcore bodybuilder' that wears knee wraps, wrist straps, front and rear fanny packs, and a sony walkman just to take some boxes into the attic

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2013, 06:56:50 AM »
Calm down, Robert, don't draw your conclusions so quick. You have my respect as a person and for your innovative & creative gym.
But keep in mind, this is Getbig, not a lame Benny Hill show, so we appreciate a strong sense of humor.
what do you got against benny hill?  guys a legend.
F

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2013, 08:21:40 AM »
what do you got against benny hill?  guys a legend.

I see what the casting director just did there ;)
I know, lame jokes were 'fashionable' back then.

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »
Congrats, looks like a great place, the kind of gym that is sorely needed.

Regarding chalk, keep the white stuff. Yeah, it's a mess, but it works better and that is the kind of gym you own!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2013, 09:36:11 AM »

lolz

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2013, 06:59:53 PM »
some update pix

I thought id add a pic of myself...be kind...recovering from bicep reattachment surgery which left me w some nerve damage which i hope will repair.  even my tricep and hand was uncoordinated and numb and weak but coming back.

Anyway im 49 and natural.  will rarely even drink caffeine

just some shots of the vintage display.  some paraphernalia i got way back in the early 80s from my two visits to vinces.  my original pumping iron calander my dam book is around here somewhere..i'll find it...

I know Gal was worried about where he was going to pleasure himself so i will include some locker pix.  everything...tile...rubb er flooring...electric...pl umbing...all done by me my friend dan...my wife and nephew..from that shot the locker room looks really small but on the other wall theres anothr bank of like 15-20 lockers..all vintage all redone and heavy duty grey paint inside very very clean.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
some more...that's mentzer btw I put in superhero comic book

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2013, 07:01:59 PM »
Awesome gym, Doc!

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2013, 07:05:06 PM »
Awesome gym, Doc!
Thx man!  I'm still recovering so my docs are keeping the practice going and I have been hanging out in the gym since we opened.  I don't want to leave!  People r loving it!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
Thx man!  I'm still recovering so my docs are keeping the practice going and I have been hanging out in the gym since we opened.  I don't want to leave!  People r loving it!

I have some Palmer buddies who are practicing in PA now, I'm gonna tell em to look your gym up!

Do you know any of the Casteele's?

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »
few more...unfinished Lunker Alarm..I still have to add the fake alarm horns and the sign...oh...that cybex calf weight stack looks wimpy huh. Anyone ever use that dam thing? The way they have it pulleyed its hard as shit!  I welded a peg on top either way if anyone wants to throw weights on top.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
I have some Palmer buddies who are practicing in PA now, I'm gonna tell em to look your gym up!

Do you know any of the Casteele's?
No..I don't but if they r far away tell them to wait till I put up the big Zuverman out front.  In person he is incredible.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2013, 03:44:37 AM »
Even my bowling buddy is on the wall :D
I love those terracotta walls, place is well decorated!