Author Topic: Iron Sheik in Trouble  (Read 4402 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Iron Sheik in Trouble
« on: June 24, 2013, 01:29:54 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Iron Sheik in Trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:05:51 AM »
Apparently needs alot of operations.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/iron-sheik--the-man-behind-the-mask-224707360.html

Ha, you beat me to it...I just read the same article now!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 04:56:54 AM »
Any of these wrestlers ever live happily ever after? They all seem to live train-wreck lives.
I do't know one, Montague might.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »
just saw this guy in allentown sat. he seems fairly healthy and happy despite his recent problems still wrestles in the independants.
F

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
Any of these wrestlers ever live happily ever after? They all seem to live train-wreck lives.

Most have no other marketable skills or the desire to get them. So, they stay with wrestling long after their sell by date, the end result being broke, broken down old men.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »
I'm actually shocked Sheik has made it this far. That guy has done a SHIT TON of partying seemingly for the past 40 + years.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »

I do't know one, Montague might.

Bundy; he made his money and got out. He made the odd comeback and still sporadically does Indy dates, but I suspect for fun. He never struck me as someone who wrestles out of desperation. And, as far as health, he actually lost much of his King Kong weight from the 80's.

Lance Storm and Chris Jericho are two others. I've never met either one, but know a fair bit about both. They still have their health and continue to make money after their active ring careers. The business also never took a debilitating toll on their families, either!

Tony Garea was a mid-carder from the 70's who managed his money well and retired with more in the bank than guys like Superstar Graham, who made a whole lot more. Tony and his wife now live very comfortably in a nice part of Florida and play golf every day at a posh country club.

Larry Zbyszko and Bruno seem to be doing well, too.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »

Bundy; he made his money and got out. He made the odd comeback and still sporadically does Indy dates, but I suspect for fun. He never struck me as someone who wrestles out of desperation. And, as far as health, he actually lost much of his King Kong weight from the 80's.

Lance Storm and Chris Jericho are two others. I've never met either one, but know a fair bit about both. They still have their health and continue to make money after their active ring careers. The business also never took a debilitating toll on their families, either!

Tony Garea was a mid-carder from the 70's who managed his money well and retired with more in the bank than guys like Superstar Graham, who made a whole lot more. Tony and his wife now live very comfortably in a nice part of Florida and play golf every day at a posh country club.

Larry Zbyszko and Bruno seem to be doing well, too.

How about Jim Helwig?

Say what you will about the mans character but he seems like the type who would have his finances in pretty good order plus he won a pretty sizable settlement from Vince McMahon years ago.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
How about Jim Helwig?

Say what you will about the mans character but he seems like the type who would have his finances in pretty good order plus he won a pretty sizable settlement from Vince McMahon years ago.

The settlement is probably his greatest financial success. Everything else seems to have flopped; his "Warrior University," Warrior Comic, Conservative keynote speaking, etc.
That attempted Youtube rivalry with Hogan was beyond pathetic.

But, he's obviously "living." It will be interesting to see how well he's doing about ten years from now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »
Magnum TA has done very well for himself! After a car accident cut short his wrestling career, he pushed forward and now owns several businesses, including a communication tower company.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
Johnny Weaver did all right.  He's passed away now, of course, but he served as a deputy sheriff for years and apparently died peacefully in his sleep one night.  Far cry from dying as a result of being a knucklehead.
K

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »
Kevin Von Erich is another one living pretty well out there in Hawaii.

Of course he probably inherited a good amount of money and land from fritz being the only son left and was given the rights to WCCW which he later sold to Vince.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »
Isn't Baron von Raschke a retired schoolteacher?

Dat is all da people need to know!!
K

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »
Master of the obvious here but pro wrestling attracts a very specific personality. One that loves 'the pop' and is subject to addiction.couple that with the schedule these guys keep and it's a recipe for disaster.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »

Older Northeast fans who remember WWWF/Studio Wrestling (from Bruno's era) may recall this man:

"Jumpin'" Johnny DeFazio was a staple in McMahon's territory in the 60's. Long retired from the ring, DeFazio resides in Western Pennsylvania and is active in the United Steelworkers of America (he is the union's director in Pennsylvania) and currently is an Allegheny County councilman.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
Also from the above era is Dr. Charles Martoni, who currently serves as campus president at the Community College of Allegheny County’s Boyce Campus and Braddock Hills Center, vice president of Allegheny County Council, and is a member of the Port Authority board of directors. Martoni also posesses about five other degrees from various universities, was Swissvale Mayor, and has served on school boards, etc.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »
monty,do you ever bump into tony cipiani[ sp?] aka tony marino aka the batman?
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »
monty,do you ever bump into tony cipiani[ sp?] aka tony marino aka the batman?

I'm afraid I don't even know of the gentleman. Where does/did he live?