Author Topic: Anyone spending time at the Pool?  (Read 5372 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Anyone spending time at the Pool?
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »
that's not bad. I buy two gallons of acid that comes in a box from lowes for 11.99 and it lasts me about 2 months. That's it for chemicals. I don't have any trees around the pool so emptying the silt bag on the polaris and the two skimmers once a week takes all of 10 minutes. I just verify my chlorine level is cool and ph level once a week and I'm done. But if I had a lot of trees and didn't have a SWG pool then yeah, I'd be there with you   

What's all the acid for? Maintaining PH?

I have a hot tub and all I have to do is keep the bromine floater full and for some reason it takes a lot of sodium carbonate or whatever that stuff is because my PH is always going down on its own (and I don't piss in it, lol)

I also use that foam away stuff once in a while.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 02:56:33 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation.  My wife is pushing for a pool and I'd like one as well but there are issues with our yard that may impede the purchase of a pool at the moment.  There is a steep decline from the back deck into the back yard. 

I had the exact same issue. I had to have 5 tri-axles of dirt brought in to build up the yard. If that is not an option then you can have a retaining wall put in about 5 foot from the pool.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »
I had the exact same issue. I had to have 5 tri-axles of dirt brought in to build up the yard. If that is not an option then you can have a retaining wall put in about 5 foot from the pool.

This is very helpful.  I appreciate your comments. I've been trying to explain to the wife it's not as easy as calling someone to install a pool.  She wants the pool to be flush with our deck and for that to happen we are going to have to do either of the things you suggested.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »
They have new retaining wall systems that use these big molds with stone patterns.  They're more affordable than you would think.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
This is very helpful.  I appreciate your comments. I've been trying to explain to the wife it's not as easy as calling someone to install a pool.  She wants the pool to be flush with our deck and for that to happen we are going to have to do either of the things you suggested.

I had 2 12 for long steps going to the concrete surrounding the pool. If you want some pics IM me your email and I will take some and send them to you.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
Robert Burneika.  Isn't that video just sad?

He's crossed over to MMA..this is sad too.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »
Im actually dropping the kids off at the pool as we speak.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
Then you have to go to the store and get your own chems, risk staining up the carpet in the back seat or trunk if they spill and you are not in a truck.  Storing the chems... actually having to analyze the water and adjust the chem to balance the Ph....

Naw man, I ain't doing that.  I pay $20 a week for a guy to come twice a week, he brings his own chems - I have to buy nothing - he conditions the water, balances it, skims off the top, scrubs down the sides and runs the vac over the bottom.  $20 covers all that twice a week. 

Damn that's cheap...Is the guy Mexican?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »
Damn that's cheap...Is the guy Mexican?

Blaque.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2013, 06:48:56 AM »
What's all the acid for? Maintaining PH?

I have a hot tub and all I have to do is keep the bromine floater full and for some reason it takes a lot of sodium carbonate or whatever that stuff is because my PH is always going down on its own (and I don't piss in it, lol)

I also use that foam away stuff once in a while.

Yes, the acid reduced the PH which rises slowly due to the Salt water generator. Considering I never have to add chlorine or use the pucks, which raise the CYA levels it is pretty low maintenance. I've had a Salt pool and a regular pool and I would not go back to the regular again.

I went chlorine for my hot tub. I use the Nature 2 cartridge in the filter area and just shock the tub with a capful of spa shock after each use, or if not in use a capful per week and it's good to go. No other chemicals needed since I change the water every 4 months and the ph levels stay in the normal range. I do add a bottle of Metal B Gon upon each refill. 

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 06:58:13 AM »

Cswol shutting down the outdoor pool