Author Topic: The Getbigger breakfast.  (Read 1009 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
The Getbigger breakfast.
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:28:08 AM »

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: The Getbigger breakfast.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:36:53 AM »
Breakfast is the only meal of the day that I tend to view with the same kind of traditionalized reverence that most people associate with Lunch and Dinner. I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one psychic anchor every twenty-four hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas or at home — and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed — breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: four Bloody Marys, two grapefruits, a pot of coffee, Rangoon crepes, a half-pound of either sausage, bacon, or corned beef hash with diced chiles, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of Key lime pie, two margaritas, and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert… Right, and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next twenty-four hours and at least one source of good music… All of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of a hot sun, and preferably stone naked.

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »
Breakfast is the only meal of the day that I tend to view with the same kind of traditionalized reverence that most people associate with Lunch and Dinner. I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one psychic anchor every twenty-four hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas or at home — and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed — breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: four Bloody Marys, two grapefruits, a pot of coffee, Rangoon crepes, a half-pound of either sausage, bacon, or corned beef hash with diced chiles, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of Key lime pie, two margaritas, and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert… Right, and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next twenty-four hours and at least one source of good music… All of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of a hot sun, and preferably stone naked.

This is a wonderfully belletristic travelogue, SNX. Bravo!

John Fairfax (who once attempted suicide-by-jaguar)
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/us/john-fairfax-who-rowed-across-oceans-dies-at-74.html?_r=0&hp=&pagewanted=all

and Patrick Leigh Fermor (described as a cross between Indiana Jones, James Bond and Graham Greene)
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/11/books/patrick-leigh-fermor-travel-writer-dies-at-96.html?pagewanted=1&hpw&pagewanted=all

approved.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:48:40 AM »
 ;D

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 08:51:46 AM »

I'm not crazy about eggs and I like my coffee strong and black (like my women).

Otherwise, well done.
K

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 08:53:03 AM »
CTB, nice comment, nothing like a real coffee drinker who likes the sexiest women on the planet.........props brother on the comment.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 08:54:52 AM »

Crappy Hogue wood grips on the Sig. Would not hit.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 01:41:34 PM »
that looks tasty even for a vegetarian
A