Author Topic: Brotha on Hard Times  (Read 5819 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Brotha on Hard Times
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:28:27 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Brotha on Hard Times
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »
The racist lepers of Getbig would say he didn't work hard enough. He needs more degrees.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »
The racist lepers of Getbig would say he didn't work hard enough. He needs more degrees.

Maybe he doesn't. 
A

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:02:47 AM »
maybe he carries two master delivered by the same university who graduate ronnie coleman.
asstropin

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »
Honestly, there's something he's not mentioning. A dismissal that didn't go so well? Something like a red flag on his background/resume?

There's no reason he's out of work. None. The American economy hasn't been this healthy in years. What's more, with his scientific background, he could easily get a work VISA to work anywhere in the world to teach, lead, or work in industry.

His is a high-demand background. There's something he's not talking about.

But I am curious to know more.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »
I'm just heckling you, wiggs, like you heckle white people but Gthang already told you that.  It's a shame your dad can't find work.
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 10:23:41 AM »
I'm just heckling you, wiggs, like you heckle white people but Gthang already told you that.  It's a shame your dad can't find work.

lol. We're cool bro.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
maybe he carries two master delivered by the same university who graduate ronnie coleman.
::)  This guy is obviously very bright . Listen to him . I'm all for a good joke but not at the expense of someone of this caliber in this situation  .

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »
lol. We're cool bro.

We might be related.  Wouldn't that be a trip?
A

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »
Very intelligent and seems like a great guy.

I hope the vid opens some doors.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »

Nig didn't work hard enough Ger needs to have more degrees

davej1963

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 12:13:34 PM »
This guy has a phd in engineering from Dartmouth plus 20-30 years exp. He was probably earning $150k for Lockheed. Now he's homeless  :o

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 12:18:55 PM »
You do realize this video is over 2 years old now.   I'm assuming he's working by now.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »
This guy has a phd in engineering from Dartmouth plus 20-30 years exp. He was probably earning $150k for Lockheed. Now he's homeless  :o

That's a good education.  It only took one slip up with the purple drank and he's homeless.
A

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »

I found that after you turn about 35 years of age, your Degree doesn't matter all that much.  Employers care about work experience once you hit that age and beyond.  If you young and relatively inexperienced, Degrees and Diplomas matter a lot.  Not as much as you get older though and work in your field of study. 

davej1963

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »
Here's his Linkedn page  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maurice-johnson/14/b42/b9
Maurice Johnson's Overview

Past

Computer Consultant at Freelance Computer Consultant
        Senior Research Engineer at Lockheed Aerospace Corporation
        Applied Physicist at Aerodyne Research Corporation

Education

Purdue University
        Dartmouth College
        Dartmouth College

Connections

229 connections
Websites

Interview on youtube

Maurice Johnson's Summary

I bring to an organization the ability to interact with scientists, engineers, programmers and educators on their level, an open mind to appreciate their concerns, and the experience to make contributions to almost any field of research.

During my aerospace career, I evolved from a research engineer (EM theory) to a 'go to' man when there was a unique or urgent problem to solve. Both externally and internally, I traveled country-wide to assist companies in their EM applications, theoretical and experimental pursuits, to assist in solving current research problems and to educate potential customers in the latest technology.

One of the greatest joys I have had in research was the moment of discovery, a new mathematical algorithm or a novel approach to electro-magnetics that challenged the thinking of 'experts'. I have sought positions that explore new technical horizons. For example, a position in Astronomy or in creating the next generation of medical imaging technology would be both fulfilling and challenging.

I have always looked to the future, whether in technology or educating the next generation.With my diverse background, I hope to contribute to cutting edge research or to help create new technology and its applications.
Specialties

Customer briefings, Professional Symposium papers, diverse experience for problem-solving. Education:math/physics/computer instruction.
Maurice Johnson's Experience
Computer Consultant
Freelance Computer Consultant

March 2007 – 2010 (3 years)

During my down time, I have worked as a freelance computer consultant, fixing software and hardware problems on PCs for individuals and companies. I have even begun to receive requests for assistance from other states. Visualizing a persons setup and assisting them is a challenge, but it can be greatly rewarding.
Senior Research Engineer
Lockheed Aerospace Corporation

Public Company; 10,001+ employees; LMT; Defense & Space industry

January 1982 – January 1990 (8 years 1 month)

EM code development after solving novel theorectical problems
current and future customer applications, marketing trips, EM theory
instruction and internal/external consulting.
Applied Physicist
Aerodyne Research Corporation

January 1978 – January 1980 (2 years 1 month)

Applied Physicist
Infrared Atmospheric Signature Code Development and Accounting Software rewrite that slashed data entry time.

Miscellaneous Employment includes internet sales, web site development, computer repair, upgrades, and virus removal, math and science tutoring, electronic product development,and entrepreneurial efforts.
Maurice Johnson's Education
Purdue University
Master of Electrical Engineering, Acoustics

1980 – 1982

Thesis topic: Acoustic Flaw Detection and Feedback Optimization
Developed high-speed acoustic signal sampling system that used a
Custom hardware interface to a Mini-computer system
Dartmouth College
Master of Science, Plasma Physics

1976 – 1978

Dartmouth College
B.A., Physics

1972 – 1976

ukjeff

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 04:07:34 PM »
He mentioned he was taking care of his parents for so many years...That means no work record..So i am afraid he is screwed big time...At any interview, if he brings up the caretaker role, they may mention that is noble, then say NEXT!!!!! We live in a very unforgiving world...What if he said to himself years ago, "Fuck my parents". He would be making six figures still, with a bright career still ahead...Nice guys finish last...I respect him...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »
Met a dude who worked for NASA, after a very bad divorce, and the depression and alcoholism that came after that, he is now homeless.

I've met CPAs and the like who are homeless and do taxes for people at the local library.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
tough break for the dude.  I hope he has a job now.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
He mentioned he was taking care of his parents for so many years...That means no work record..So i am afraid he is screwed big time...At any interview, if he brings up the caretaker role, they may mention that is noble, then say NEXT!!!!! We live in a very unforgiving world...What if he said to himself years ago, "Fuck my parents". He would be making six figures still, with a bright career still ahead...Nice guys finish last...I respect him...

Yup, one of things that also hurts your chances of getting hired is a lapse in work history.  i.e. being out of work a year or more.   

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
advanced degrees of peace  ::)
K

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »
You've got to feels a little something for a man down on his luck or you ain't human.
A