Author Topic: MSNBC Suffers Worst Ratings Since 2007  (Read 1591 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
MSNBC Suffers Worst Ratings Since 2007
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »
Worst network on TV.

MSNBC Suffers Worst Ratings Since 2007
Tuesday, 02 Jul 2013
By Todd Beamon

MSNBC posted its worst quarterly primetime showing among total viewers and adults ages 25 to 54 since 2007, Nielsen Media Research reported on Tuesday.

The cable network experienced dips in the second quarter as other networks benefited from the period’s bigger news stories, according to Nielsen data disclosed by The Hollywood Reporter.

MSNBC's primetime returns in total viewers — 576,000 — and for the key demographic — 191,000 — were at lows not seen since the fourth and second quarters of 2007, respectively.

The network, however, improved its monthly ratings from May, when it fell below longtime fourth-place news network HLN.

MSNBC also was usurped in the quarter by CNN, which placed No. 2 for the first time since 2010. The finish comes two months after Jeff Zucker took over as the network’s president.

CNN, however, ended the first half of the year with its June viewership falling to a monthly low not seen in nearly a year.

Meanwhile, Fox News remained the top-rated cable news network for the quarter, marking its 46th straight quarter as No. 1 in the "total day" and "prime-time" categories, according to Nielsen.

Fox held the top 13 programs in cable news based on total viewers for the entire quarter and claimed nine out of the top 10 programs in the 25-to-54 demographic.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/msnbc-ratings-worst-2007/2013/07/02/id/513066

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: MSNBC Suffers Worst Ratings Since 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »
Chris Hayes and Al Sharpton, a sanctimonious self hating liberal and a race-baiting preacher.  No wonder the ratings stink.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »
I still find it humorous that the Democrat Party legitimized Al Sharpton.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
so I guess we can't give credit to MSNBC for the Democratic party's success in 2012

I guess the Dems did that on their own (with the help of a bunch of disastrous Repub candidate)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »
so I guess we can't give credit to MSNBC for the Democratic party's success in 2012

I guess the Dems did that on their own (with the help of a bunch of disastrous Repub candidate)

Disasterous candidates did help.  And the fact that the last republican president was a moron.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 04:31:04 PM »
Disasterous candidates did help.  And the fact that the last republican president was a moron.

they've got a pretty deep bench so no shortage of disasters on deck for the mid-terms and Repubs can't seem to stop talking about abortion so that's going to be front and center next year as well

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »
they've got a pretty deep bench so no shortage of disasters on deck for the mid-terms and Repubs can't seem to stop talking about abortion so that's going to be front and center next year as well

Gerrymandering will keep their numbers about the same.   
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »

good point

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 06:57:03 PM »
worst station on air - unwatchable

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »

Yup. Look at California. Gerrymandering has destroyed that state. How many billions in debt are they now? I can't even keep count.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »
I literally cannot stomach MSNBC, they're so fucking out there with their lies and distortion, they don't even try to hide it.  Fucking freedom hating, leftist radicals.

If I was being interrogated by the government for a crime I didn't commit, and they made me watch Rachel Maddow I would crack and confess.  They should force terror suspects at Guantanamo Bay to watch that dyke, or that irritating, loud mouthed, fuck face Chris Matthews.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »
Yup. Look at California. Gerrymandering has destroyed that state. How many billions in debt are they now? I can't even keep count.

Gerrymandering is insane no matter who does it.
A

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
it's an off year for elections. whaddya expect?
it will pick up in '14 and skyrocket in '16.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »
it's an off year for elections. whaddya expect?
it will pick up in '14 and skyrocket in '16.

lol.  First time for everything. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 12:57:27 PM »
He may have a point.  The demographics for msnbc are younger and younger people are less likely to be actively following politics during off years
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »
He may have a point.  The demographics for msnbc are younger and younger people are less likely to be actively following politics during off years

His point isn't supported by the numbers. 

"Fox held the top 13 programs in cable news based on total viewers for the entire quarter and claimed nine out of the top 10 programs in the 25-to-54 demographic."

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »

"Fox held the top 13 programs in cable news based on total viewers for the entire quarter and claimed nine out of the top 10 programs in the 25-to-54 demographic."

I hadn't seen the recent numbers.   You are correct, sir
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »

So much for that infamous liberal media bias that is supposedly influencing everyone

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »
So much for that infamous liberal media bias that is supposedly influencing everyone
msnbc is only one part of the fundy libtard media, to deny the mainstream media has a liberal bias is to deny nancy pelosi is bat shit crazy

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 02:27:05 PM »
msnbc is only one part of the fundy libtard media, to deny the mainstream media has a liberal bias is to deny nancy pelosi is bat shit crazy

both of your claims are nonsense but I know you truly believe them and I know the conservative media (who seem to have the majority of viewers in spite of their waning influence) has taught you to believe that

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 02:33:54 PM »
both of your claims are nonsense but I know you truly believe them and I know the conservative media (who seem to have the majority of viewers in spite of their waning influence) has taught you to believe that
lol the majority of the ppl in this country feel the media has a liberal leaning bias...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-media-bias-worse-than-money-in-politics/article/2505496

51 percent believe that "most reporters will try to help the president," while just 9 percent will go to bat for Republican Mitt Romney. The polling is just the latest to slam media bias, with most still viewing the TV, internet and print reporters on the left's payroll.

to argue otherwise is ignorant and idiotic, but then again you like nancy pelosi and rachel maddow so I shouldnt expect much if anything from you on that end

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 02:51:09 PM »
lol the majority of the ppl in this country feel the media has a liberal leaning bias...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-media-bias-worse-than-money-in-politics/article/2505496

51 percent believe that "most reporters will try to help the president," while just 9 percent will go to bat for Republican Mitt Romney. The polling is just the latest to slam media bias, with most still viewing the TV, internet and print reporters on the left's payroll.

to argue otherwise is ignorant and idiotic, but then again you like nancy pelosi and rachel maddow so I shouldnt expect much if anything from you on that end

what people believe based on a poll is not an actual representation of reality

a recent poll showed that 20% of Republicans believe Obama is the anti-christ and another poll showed that 49% of Republican voters believed that ACORN helped Obama steal the 2012 election (apparently in spite of the fact that ACORN no longer existed)

btw -save your energy.   I'm fully aware that you believe in a liberal media bias.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 05:39:49 PM »
what people believe based on a poll is not an actual representation of reality

a recent poll showed that 20% of Republicans believe Obama is the anti-christ and another poll showed that 49% of Republican voters believed that ACORN helped Obama steal the 2012 election (apparently in spite of the fact that ACORN no longer existed)

btw -save your energy.   I'm fully aware that you believe in a liberal media bias.
facts are stubborn things. ;)
w