Author Topic: found this quote on a roid board regarding training  (Read 55452 times)

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Re: found this quote on a roid board regarding training
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »
Lol, such bullshit

Once you pass a basic level of strength and are using aas it doesn't matter what weight you use. All that matter is stimulating the muscle

As a natural it matters even less because your doomed to always look like shit or to do a gram a week and lie about being a hard training natural, the kind of heavy weight tardrage lifting that the likes of layme norton recommend is ironically the worst thing anyone could ever do

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 03:52:42 PM »
every movement is a multi joint movement.

show me one exercise where only onemuscle is activated.

Multi-joint, not motor unit recruitment. In a sense you are correct, but with machines your are isolating, I use the analogy that most machines on a functional scale of 1-10, most are below a 3. True strength requires greater motor unit recruiting/involvement. Strength wise, training on a machine only makes you better.....on a machine.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »
Multi-joint, not motor unit recruitment. In a sense you are correct, but with machines your are isolating, I use the analogy that most machines on a functional scale of 1-10, most are below a 3. True strength requires greater motor unit recruiting/involvement. Strength wise, training on a machine only makes you better.....on a machine.

Yes yes but who gives a shit when the aims to be as big as possible using the lowest dose of anabolic s possible. Stimulate the muscle, grow, rest eat etc.

If you want to impress the high school kids in the gym (which I admit is fun sometimes) then you can squat 500 for reps but it won't make your legs bigger than high rep leg presses with moderate weight for several sets...

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 04:01:25 PM »
multi joint movements allow a greater load to be used and that's basically why they are better

Greater load distrubuted over several muscles. If you are very strong in the shoulders and triceps it may hinder pec stimulation doing the bench press or other pressing movements for chest. Hence the preexhaust principle articulated by A. Jones.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
every movement is a multi joint movement.

show me one exercise where only onemuscle is activated.

Perhaps. If you are doing leg extensions probably every muslce in your body contract except maybe the hams and glutes but theres no question that the quads are doing the brunt of the work. With squats the glutes come heavily into play taking a lot of the load off the quads.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013, 04:03:25 PM »
Progression comes in many forms. Add weight, a rep;time under tension or shorten the amount of time it takes to do a workout. If it's just adding weight to the bar the best way to gain size we should all be doing sets of one rep to increase strength.

As someone said, how strong can you get? If you start off benching 135lbs and max out after training 7 years at 315lbs are you at your max size? Do you beat your head against the wall trying to get to 320lbs which you fail to accomplish the entire year? Time to quit lifting and find another hobby?

I have been a Hit guy since the late 70's. It took till I was in my 50's to realize that I made better progress in bodybuilding training for lack of a better term training for muscular endurance than pure strength. Yes, I will say it. Two sets is better than one set. Three sets is better than two sets. Four sets, you get my point. More sets is better but with diminishing returns.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »
Yes yes but who gives a shit when the aims to be as big as possible using the lowest dose of anabolic s possible. Stimulate the muscle, grow, rest eat etc.

If you want to impress the high school kids in the gym (which I admit is fun sometimes) then you can squat 500 for reps but it won't make your legs bigger than high rep leg presses with moderate weight for several sets...

When ever you increase motor units (using free weight) YOU WILL get bigger, thicker and stronger, no if, and's or buts about it. If your goal is to do al of the things I described, limit machine work. I understand in bodybuilding some machines are a must but don't make a habit of it because it feels good or it's easier.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2013, 04:09:57 PM »
If you are an athlete sitting in machines isolating it will not make you a better athlete. The body works as a whole in any athletic endeavor.  If an athlete just did three base weight exercises like the power clean, squat and standing military press he would have all the fundamentals to increase strength as a whole systemic system than a guy doing machine work and lying on a bench to bench press.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »
Our key to adding power and strength is establish a 1RM for each indicator lift and beat that record or beat A record by no more than 5-10lbs per week.

We haven't a client yet that hasn't benefited from this. We just had a 195lb 19 year old who started with us in Jan of 2012 and his bench was 230 and squat was barely 245. This week he got a legit 405 bench and two week a 505 squat.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 05:59:10 PM »

This.

I think where Coach loses me a lot of the time is he's training athletes to perform better in a given sport.  I don't care about that or take it into consideration.i have no aspirations of being a middle linebacker...I just want muscular, separated quads and good.calves, while at the same time keep my hips and glutes from getting overdeveloped.  And that's the only thing I'm training for.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »
This.

I think where Coach loses me a lot of the time is he's training athletes to perform better in a given sport.  I don't care about that or take it into consideration.i have no aspirations of being a middle linebacker...I just want muscular, separated quads and good.calves, while at the same time keep my hips and glutes from getting overdeveloped.  And that's the only thing I'm training for.

you and dj agree on something training wise he does not like to train legs hard,dosen't want wide hips /big ass,, no homo,,,

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »
  No One makes some great posts

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »
you and dj agree on something training wise he does not like to train legs hard,dosen't want wide hips /big ass,, no homo,,,

Who said i don't train my legs hard ?  I do sets of 30 reps on the leg press, start at three plates per side and go up to 8.....30 reps every set.  Try it and tell me i don't train legs hard.

I just dont believe in heavy squatting anymore....squatted plenty in my younger days.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »
Who said i don't train my legs hard ?  I do sets of 30 reps on the leg press, start at three plates per side and go up to 8.....30 reps every set.  Try it and tell me i don't train legs hard.

I just dont believe in heavy squatting anymore....squatted plenty in my younger days.

squats. Jesus.

here's what do to people when I try to explain how really poor a movement the squat is.

I get them to squat right where they are standing. a squat is one of the most unnatural movements your body will ever perform in a gym. just the constant adjustments one must make constantly thru just the negative part of the rep should tell you it's a movement the body is not comfortable with.

now put 315/405/525 on your back and do it and it's supposed to be 'better'?

nevermind the compression it puts on the spine on top of the unfamiliarity with needing to move several joints in that manner.

if people would just 'listen' to their bodies, instead of doing 'what your supposed to' there's be a lot more impressive physiques walking around.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »
  No One makes some great posts

cheers sir! :)
b

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2013, 09:20:40 PM »
::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

how the hell can you still believe these banal fairy tales at what, 35+ years old?

even children can figure this out:

if you could add any substantial amount of weight to the bar "every time" everyone would be bench pressing five tons and squatting school buses
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

All these young clowns who think they know it all because they re on steroids.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »
Perhaps. If you are doing leg extensions probably every muslce in your body contract except maybe the hams and glutes but theres no question that the quads are doing the brunt of the work. With squats the glutes come heavily into play taking a lot of the load off the quads.

unless you do your squats gayne snorton style

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »
this.

dj is an enhanced lifter now as well.

being enhanced, its not the progressive amount of 'weight used' that creates the physique. its not rocket science. it doesnt have to be, nor is it that complicated- its the patient application of moderate doses of anabolics over time and a training methodology that applies enough resistance to the muscle being trained to force repair that will create growth.

'progressive overload' is an archaic practice. some of the best physiques i have seen rely more on isolation and chasing the pump than progressive overload.

so are you saying that i can keep playing around with a buck 85 on the bench press and then eventually massive pecs, delts, and tris will suddenly appear ??? ??? ???

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2013, 09:47:51 PM »
so are you saying that i can keep playing around with a buck 85 on the bench press and then eventually massive pecs, delts, and tris will suddenly appear ??? ??? ???

nothing can 'eventually suddenly appear.' I can't even answer your question when put in this context. nobody can.

I am saying, to repeat,  is that by using anabolics as you are, and by applying enough resistance thru training to cause the muscle to necessitate repair you will create an environment for growth with the consumption of an adequate amount of protein (which is secondary to the question at hand but still needs to be mentioned).

I can't make it any clearer for you.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »

if you tax the muscle fully, either by using heavier weight, or by higher reps and sets, the muscle still remains taxed. period. it's 6 of one half dozen if another. actually in many cases the 'lighter' trainer will make greater gains as absolute focus on the group being trained is greater as opposed to meerly pushing the weight thru a plane of motion at all costs.
b

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2013, 09:57:56 PM »

It's very simple...what little muscle you do have, is a result of the Superdrol you are taking. You were flailing around for a year....making a retard of yourself on this forum. Then you hopped on some shit, and made some progress.  You want more progress ? Take more drugs.

You seem to want to think you are "special" or something...you are all drugs just like any juicer.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2013, 10:02:38 PM »
It's very simple...what little muscle you do have, is a result of the Superdrol you are taking. You were flailing around for a year....making a retard of yourself on this forum. Then you hopped on some shit, and made some progress.  You want more progress ? Take more drugs.

You seem to want to think you are "special" or something...you are all drugs just like any juicer.

i know that you won't give a serious reply to this, but i'll give it a shot

is 10 mg of superdrol 4 or 5 days a week a good dose of roids?

i'd say that it's quite minimal

also, i was up to 20 mg per day every day last summer and i still looked like shit, but now @ 10 mg 4-5 days per week i look much better

what changed? well, i trained better and harder with better exercises ie. hammer strength machines, barbell squats, benches, and curls

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2013, 10:13:26 PM »
i know that you won't give a serious reply to this, but i'll give it a shot

is 10 mg of superdrol 4 or 5 days a week a good dose of roids?

i'd say that it's quite minimal

also, i was up to 20 mg per day every day last summer and i still looked like shit, but now @ 10 mg 4-5 days per week i look much better

what changed? well, i trained better and harder with better exercises ie. hammer strength machines, barbell squats, benches, and curls

Could be a lot of reasons. You could have gotten shitty drol last summer, but got a better batch now.  Try 20 with your current stuff and see what happens.

Also from what i remember, you were training and eating like an asshole last year, and you have cleaned that up...that will make a huge difference.

My point is, if everything is on point..training, supps and diet...the only way to get to the next level is your drug stack.

I just posted a pic and people remarked on how much thicker and leaner I am...and I'm up 12 pounds from my last pic.  You know what changed ? The drugs....period.  I changed up my shit and put on 10 pounds of dry mass in two weeks.  And I'm still growing.

All drugs....fuck it, it's the truth, why dance around it ?

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2013, 10:16:45 PM »

imo anavar > any other oral.
b

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »
Also from what i remember, you were training and eating like an asshole last year

;D ;D ;D

truth

and by the way, i'm still an asshole

imo anavar > any other oral.

have you used superdrol in order to compare it to var? and what about turnibol?

i ain't gonna take any fucking bloat compounds like dbol or a-bombs fuck that shit!