Author Topic: found this quote on a roid board regarding training  (Read 55401 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: found this quote on a roid board regarding training
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »
;D ;D ;D

truth

and by the way, i'm still an asshole

have you used superdrol in order to compare it to var? and what about turnibol?

i ain't gonna take any fucking bloat compounds like dbol or a-bombs fuck that shit!

I don't talk to hear my own voice.

if I say something as blanket a statement as 'var> any other oral' it's based on experience. now, that's MY experience. others will have different opinions, others will agree.

imo turnibol is a shit compound compared to var. not even close.
b

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 05:15:25 AM »
i knew djs diet was shit, but now i also know his training is shit.

and the peds he takes,the choice is very poor.

correction my training was shit

p.s. my lats, pecs, and tris are really starting to come out ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
i knew djs diet was shit, but now i also know his training is shit.

and the peds he takes,the choice is very poor.

one thing its always a dance around a good dj quote,u will set the record straight,he will answer good or bad,then he will hit you with another one to confuse all once again.he keeps it interesting here..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 09:38:09 AM »
one thing its always a dance around a good dj quote,u will set the record straight,he will answer good or bad,then he will hit you with another one to confuse all once again.he keeps it interesting here..

;D

"confusion will be your epitaph"

and btw, i found this today and it's a pretty good me thinks

"For this reason, reserve most of your mental energy for getting stronger. After you’ve warmed up and have begun your training session, start off with your heavy compound movements and try to set PR’s. Rest fully in between sets and psyche yourself up appropriately.

After the heavy work is done, now it’s time to have some fun. Choose some targeted movements and seek the pump and burn. Don’t work yourself up too much mentally, just bust out some medium to high rep sets with short rest periods. Don’t be overly concerned with setting PR’s during pump work. Focus on feeling the targeted muscle taking on the brunt of the work and fully fatiguing the fibers.

The majority of your mental energy should be focused on gaining strength via the big basics such as squats, deadlifts, hip thrusts, bench press, and chins. However, some of your mental energy should be focused on muscle activation and inducing metabolic stress. Becoming freakishly strong at the big basics through a variety of rep ranges might be the source of 80% of your hypertrophy gains over time. But if strength alone is your sole endeavor, you’ll likely leave 20% of room on the table for maximum muscularity. The increased satellite cell fusion, hypoxia, occlusion, and cell swelling that accompanies pump and burn type training provides the icing on the cake, and this adds up over time. Sticking to solely heavy work or solely high-rep work won’t build the optimal physique – you need the best of both styles of training if you want to reach your maximum muscular potential."

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »
He right about multi joint movements. Not so much with machines
??? ??? Bro don't tell me you still live in the past?  Are you one of those that believe free weights build more muscle? hahahah beiggest myth in the history of bodybuilding.

Listen people free weights do not build more muscle then machines. They both build the same amount of muscle. Wolf, Heath, and even Ramy- the biggest pro in town uses machines.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »
;D

"confusion will be your epitaph"

and btw, i found this today and it's a pretty good me thinks

"For this reason, reserve most of your mental energy for getting stronger. After you’ve warmed up and have begun your training session, start off with your heavy compound movements and try to set PR’s. Rest fully in between sets and psyche yourself up appropriately.

After the heavy work is done, now it’s time to have some fun. Choose some targeted movements and seek the pump and burn. Don’t work yourself up too much mentally, just bust out some medium to high rep sets with short rest periods. Don’t be overly concerned with setting PR’s during pump work. Focus on feeling the targeted muscle taking on the brunt of the work and fully fatiguing the fibers.

The majority of your mental energy should be focused on gaining strength via the big basics such as squats, deadlifts, hip thrusts, bench press, and chins. However, some of your mental energy should be focused on muscle activation and inducing metabolic stress. Becoming freakishly strong at the big basics through a variety of rep ranges might be the source of 80% of your hypertrophy gains over time. But if strength alone is your sole endeavor, you’ll likely leave 20% of room on the table for maximum muscularity. The increased satellite cell fusion, hypoxia, occlusion, and cell swelling that accompanies pump and burn type training provides the icing on the cake, and this adds up over time. Sticking to solely heavy work or solely high-rep work won’t build the optimal physique – you need the best of both styles of training if you want to reach your maximum muscular potential."
that paragraph say's what should occur,,its up to one's body to produce the results,,ever here the term 'sound's good on paper'

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »
that paragraph say's what should occur,,its up to one's body to produce the results,,ever here the term 'sound's good on paper'

i focus on "overload" but this piece brings up the importance of "fatigue" which is also pretty important

via breakdowns, interrupted sets, hi rep sets, etc

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »
??? ??? Bro don't tell me you still live in the past?  Are you one of those that believe free weights build more muscle? hahahah beiggest myth in the history of bodybuilding.

100% incorrect.

Listen people free weights do not build more muscle then machines. They both build the same amount of muscle. Wolf, Heath, and even Ramy- the biggest pro in town uses machines.

Get them off the gear or even 1/2 of what they usually take and see what happens. If there's one thing I don't do, is live in the past when it comes to training.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »
Can you imagine if runners (distance or sprinters) trained according to what passes as science in the bodybuilding world? Every time you run you will time your self and try to break that time. If you can't do that we will allow periodization if you're to much of a pussy to try to break a record every time you run. There would be a lot of ex runners if that was the case.

Why do HIT guys think every training day is take it to death day? No wonder they eventually go to 3 exercises for one set each every 5 days. They can't take working out any more. If they ever tried volume they couldn't do it because they lack the muscular endurance.

Sure runners time them self in both intervals and various set distance runs. The point is they run according to what they can they can do that day. In the early season distance runners don't even try to run to the edge. They just get in their distance runs.

I said it before if getting stronger was the magic bullet we would all train for sets of single reps or at the most 3 reps. Getting stronger is important but getting a bigger muscle comes from training for muscular endurance. Training for muscular endurance using volume isn't easy. It's some of the most demanding workouts you can do.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »
runners also have "easy days" ie. active recovery

i think easy/light days are counterproductive for bodysculpting

also runners have an LSD day, an interval day, and a tempo day and they seperate these workouts with an easy day or a day off

basically they run "hard" 3 times per week

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2013, 11:08:05 AM »
Can you imagine if runners (distance or sprinters) trained according to what passes as science in the bodybuilding world? Every time you run you will time your self and try to break that time. If you can't do that we will allow periodization if you're to much of a pussy to try to break a record every time you run. There would be a lot of ex runners if that was the case.

Why do HIT guys think every training day is take it to death day? No wonder they eventually go to 3 exercises for one set each every 5 days. They can't take working out any more. If they ever tried volume they couldn't do it because they lack the muscular endurance.

Sure runners time them self in both intervals and various set distance runs. The point is they run according to what they can they can do that day. In the early season distance runners don't even try to run to the edge. They just get in their distance runs.

I said it before if getting stronger was the magic bullet we would all train for sets of single reps or at the most 3 reps. Getting stronger is important but getting a bigger muscle comes from training for muscular endurance. Training for muscular endurance using volume isn't easy. It's some of the most demanding workouts you can do.

X2 ,,,,GOOD ONE OLD TIMER,,

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2013, 11:18:13 AM »
and a very excellent quote it is, especially that last sentence 8)

"The exercise doesn't so much matter really. So long as it is a heavy, multi-joint movement, it is all good.

What really matters is whether or not you are putting more weight on the machine or bar everytime you workout. If you are doing barbell benchpress, and you can no longer make gains, than switch to the Hammer machine, and vice versa.

Progression is the only thing that matters."

There is a limit to how much weight one can add. I guess that is why variety is necessary.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »

100% incorrect about you not living in the past or the myth you believe in.

Look one set of free weight bench press may recruit more muscle fibers then one set of machine bench, OK I will give you that but we are not talking about that, we are talking about a full work-out here.

If one goes in there and blasts Chest for an hour hard and heavy their chest  will 100% cooked, all fibers possible will be destroyed wether machines are used or barbell anyone who preaches other wise is just trying to act like it's rocket science when it is not, it is a complete joke.

One guy here said it best lift, train, eat, sleep, repeat,, done oh and juice.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2013, 11:26:56 AM »
There is a limit to how much weight one can add. I guess that is why variety is necessary.
THATS WHY SUPERSETS,NEGATIVES/SLOW REP/FAST REP/1/4 REPS WITH HEAVIER WEIGHTS ONCE IN AWHILE AFTER FAILING ON FULL REPS,.SO MANY VARIABLES..KEEPS TRAINING INTERESTING.,

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2013, 11:47:48 AM »

Look one set of free weight bench press may recruit more muscle fibers then one set of machine bench, OK I will give you that but we are not talking about that, we are talking about a full work-out here.

If one goes in there and blasts Chest for an hour hard and heavy their chest  will 100% cooked, all fibers possible will be destroyed wether machines are used or barbell anyone who preaches other wise is just trying to act like it's rocket science when it is not, it is a complete joke.

Not going to get into a pissing match you but I spend in excess of $10k per year on research (at least 1-2 hrs per day), traveling to different speaking seminars, symposiums from the best strength coaches in the world, I take my business serious. The second I stop doing is the second I really do start living in the past as far as training goes. That being said, I said in BODYBUILDING or for vanities sake some machines were a necessity, especially close to a show.

During the "off-season" the concentration should be kept on free weight and compound movements. You mentioned that you "would give me bench", how about BB bent rows instead of a chest supported seated row or seated or standing military instead of a machine press, shit, I could go on.

You're definition of muscle recruitment seems to lie in the, for example using a machine bench press, in the chest muscles themselves, recruitment is stabilizing all the surrounding muscles that make that lift possible. Squat on a smith machine requires little core stabilization which takes away from the recruitment of other fibers as opposed to a regular squat where you have to stabilize using everything you have.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
THATS WHY SUPERSETS,NEGATIVES/SLOW REP/FAST REP/1/4 REPS WITH HEAVIER WEIGHTS ONCE IN AWHILE AFTER FAILING ON FULL REPS,.SO MANY VARIABLES..KEEPS TRAINING INTERESTING.,
X2 these things need to be used to shock the muscles now and then but should not be used all the time if so overtraining will occur.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2013, 12:01:45 PM »

I agree , I have better results with machines than free weights.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2013, 12:15:10 PM »
Not going to get into a pissing match you but I spend in excess of $10k per year on research (at least 1-2 hrs per day), traveling to different speaking seminars, symposiums from the best strength coaches in the world, I take my business serious. The second I stop doing is the second I really do start living in the past as far as training goes. That being said, I said in BODYBUILDING or for vanities sake some machines were a necessity, especially close to a show.

During the "off-season" the concentration should be kept on free weight and compound movements. You mentioned that you "would give me bench", how about BB bent rows instead of a chest supported seated row or seated or standing military instead of a machine press, shit, I could go on.

You're definition of muscle recruitment seems to lie in the, for example using a machine bench press, in the chest muscles themselves, recruitment is stabilizing all the surrounding muscles that make that lift possible. Squat on a smith machine requires little core stabilization which takes away from the recruitment of other fibers as opposed to a regular squat where you have to stabilize using everything you have.

Yes but Who gives a shit about "stabilizing muscles"  I'm working QUADS.  if i want to directly hit my intercostals, abdominals, serratus and spinal erectors...there are plenty of exercises i can do for them.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

Some of us just think he is a moron, even when you try and have a serious conversation, he has to talk fucking nonsense and tell you about his tiny little muscles, and how "big" he is getting....he's a fucking clown.

ukjeff

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »

A muscle doesn't know what exercise its doing, if you stress the fibres they will respond with growth, doesnt matter if its free weights machines or cables.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »
Yes but Who gives a shit about "stabilizing muscles"  I'm working QUADS.  if i want to directly hit my intercostals, abdominals, serratus and spinal erectors...there are plenty of exercises i can do for them.
EXACTLY..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 01:28:42 PM »

You should....the more recruitment, the thicker the muscle.

ukjeff

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
You should....the more recruitment, the thicker the muscle.
broscience?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

ukjeff