Author Topic: IFBB Pro Ed Van Amsterdam dead at 40 years old  (Read 45497 times)

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: IFBB Pro Ed Van Amsterdam dead at 40 years old
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2013, 06:39:12 PM »
PIP
Mr. AZ 2003

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
Hahahahah at this whole thread.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Shocking News IFBB PRO ED VAN AMSTERDAM DEAD
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2013, 06:48:10 PM »
and the true reason for his death was?

It'll be genetic, of course...

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2013, 07:16:56 PM »
IMHO NOBODY ... and I mean NOBODY has come close to this yet. This is how it should be for now. I know it wasn't "drug free" but seriously, let's get back to symmetry and health.

BTW, Frank is STILL alive, healthy and happy ~

you're right.. nobody came close... hundreds, if not thousands of bbers worldwide BLEW PAST it.  ::)

and wasn't Zane known as "The Chemist"? sounds like the moniker of a man who was ultra-conservative & not reckless at all with his drug use and didn't try to push the envelope... huh?  ::)

i'll bet you $5k or a bowl of dicks, whichever you prefer, that Zane took everything he could and TRIED his hardest to put on as much size as he could, but didn't have the genes, and instead made it seem like he CHOSE to be the smallest guy onstage (remember Shawn Ray?.... David Dearth?... ect...)

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »
you're right.. nobody came close... hundreds, if not thousands of bbers worldwide BLEW PAST it.  ::)

and wasn't Zane known as "The Chemist"? sounds like the moniker of a man who was ultra-conservative & not reckless at all with his drug use and didn't try to push the envelope... huh?  ::)

i'll bet you $5k or a bowl of dicks, whichever you prefer, that Zane took everything he could and TRIED his hardest to put on as much size as he could, but didn't have the genes, and instead made it seem like he CHOSE to be the smallest guy onstage (remember Shawn Ray?.... David Dearth?... ect...)

You truly are an idiot

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
You truly are an idiot

epic 1000 posts on a bodybuilding message board, and nary a one related to bodybuilding.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2013, 07:49:16 PM »

I believe he was called "The Chemist" because he's got a science degree and taught chemistry. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2013, 07:53:42 PM »
  Did Zane really carry around a bowling ball bag full of steroids?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2013, 08:32:29 PM »
This thread is about the passing of Ed, so keep Zane out of this.

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2013, 08:42:45 PM »
Met Ed Van Amsterdam at the PA show in Allentown, the year Dennis Wolfe won, very nice guy to talk to!
R I P

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2013, 08:47:45 PM »
I believe he was called "The Chemist" because he's got a science degree and taught chemistry. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, that is what I have been told.  He has a Master's Degree.  He, unlike the vast majority of what passes for today's bodybuilders, is an intelligent man.

Back on topic.  While it is regrettable that Mr. Van Amsterdam is dead, given what appears to be a poo load of drug useage it is pretty much what anyone with a brain would expect to have happen.  I am sorry for his family. 

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2013, 10:27:05 PM »
Amsterdam's passing will not be mentioned on pages of pro-IFBB orientated magz like Flex or Muscle & Fitness  :-\
Can anyone name any other sport with more dead professional competitors since 1980  :P
List will continue ........................ .......

prizm

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2013, 12:03:15 AM »

yep, high school chemistry teacher

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
Re: Shocking News IFBB PRO ED VAN AMSTERDAM DEAD
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2013, 12:08:40 AM »
This is very sad.

RIP Mr. Van Amsterdam.. He was much too young to go and left behind a beautiful family.

"1"

So sad

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2013, 12:10:33 AM »
IMHO NOBODY ... and I mean NOBODY has come close to this yet. This is how it should be for now. I know it wasn't "drug free" but seriously, let's get back to symmetry and health.

Wow...so perfect to where he looks like a statue! Amazing

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2013, 12:33:49 AM »
very sad news, thoughts and best wishes
to his family and friends.
whatever the reason / cause of his death
he will be sadly missed.

R.I.P ED.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2013, 12:40:40 AM »
Another bad sad news for bodybuilding and great news for getbiggers.now you trools have big excuse to jump on bodybuilders cook.....feel sorry for his family...RIP

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2013, 01:01:48 AM »
Very sad to read about his death. And then to see that photo of his wife/girlfriend and son?
Seemed a very friendly guy, great sense of humor. But alas also a very risky "lifestyle". Even though you know many will die young, it still comes as a shock and surprise to hear the tragic news...

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2013, 01:09:25 AM »
Seems for the most part the point or reasoning behind an untimely death was missed.

Yes, R.I.P and sorry for the family.

If you drive a racecar 200 mph down a track, things are going to happen. You choose to live a reckless lifestyle, you will pay. Sadly, these days, it's with your life. Bodybuilders have a tendency to throw caution to the wind. They choose to ignore the warning signs along the way.

It would be nice to see certain "issues" in this "sport" change. How about starting with judging criteria?

BTW, Zane is entirely relevant.

The Doc say's he should have been under medical supervision. Well, that is probably true. So should everyone who posts on this board.

Jay Cutler has lab done at least once a month. Why do you think that is? What do you suppose a doctor does when he finds Jay's liver counts, cholesterol levels and blood glucose levels to be far out of normal range? Do you think the doctor just warns him? Or do you think that more pharmaceuticals are added to the stack and that they don't count against him just because they aren't anabolic or androgenic?

I don't give a shit what it is: You will pay tomorrow for what you do today.

"I'd hate to die, it would ruin my image..."

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2013, 03:16:43 AM »
Amsterdam's passing will not be mentioned on pages of pro-IFBB orientated magz like Flex or Muscle & Fitness  :-\
Can anyone name any other sport with more dead professional competitors since 1980  :P
List will continue ........................ .......

eh, pro wrestling?

we all know the risks that come with hormone use, stimulant use, downers to sleep, protein intake 5x the RDA, and most importantly, the effects on the heart from carrying 270+lbs of bodyweight for years straight.

shitty deal he died... esp for his kids and wife.. but he knew what he was doing

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2013, 03:18:19 AM »

this looks shopped?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2013, 03:22:27 AM »
I hope Ed Van Amsterdam got to read on Getbig.com. If not, he missed out.

ergun

• Getbig II
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2013, 04:22:05 AM »
 :(

ergun

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2013, 04:22:57 AM »
 :'(

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2013, 04:39:30 AM »
:'(

A buddy of mine trained here last Saturday. He had a short chat with Ed and saw him lolling all the time.
So weird..  :-\