Author Topic: How Bodybuilders get Pharmaceutical Grade Human Growth Hormone  (Read 51172 times)

BFG

• Getbig III
So, it seems there is a major lack of knowledge in the community of how bodybuilders obtain Pharmaceutical Grade hGH. Everyone knows that real human grade hgh is a major factor in bodybuilding success in the pro ranks, but the speculations i regularly here on how its obtained and how much it costs are just so far fetched. Anyway, heres the truth:

Even as a pro bodybuilder with connections to a number of "liberal" anti-aging doctors it is pretty tough to get a prescription for GH because that is currently the #1 drug in the anti aging circuit being scrutinized. For example, most AAS can be prescribed by doctors for "off label use" (i.e. anti-aging) but GH can no longer be prescribed for off label use. Doing so will raise a major red flag and the docs do not want that. That is why they have all mostly moved to prescribing Sermorelin for the same purposes.

Serono Saizen is actually approved to be prescribed for adults with "adult onset gh deficiency" but unfortunately the 8.8mg saizen prescribed for that purpose is really not enough for pro bodybuilding purposes. Beyond that, its a hassle for insurance to actually cover it - even with the aforementioned diagnosis and retail cost from the pharmacy is insane. Some pros have prescriptions for Saizen, but most just sell it at an insane markup and buy 126iu kits of serostim on the black market.

Now, the topic of Serono Serostim leads me to the whole point of this topic. Lets be clear, though. Serostim is the only hGH approved for HIV associated wasting. The recommended dose to combat wasting in HIV patients is 18iu's of serostim every day, or 4 126iu kits every month. Now here is where it gets interesting...HIV associated wasting does not happen much anymore due to the new generation of HIV medication. Furthermore, most HIV patients are NOT bodybuilders so they did not enjoy the constantly numb hands, carpal tunnel syndrome, fluid retention, sleepiness and insulin resistance that 18iu's of gh daily induced. This put a MAJOR hit in EMD Serono's wallet so they countered this by offering huge incentives to doctors for prescribing gigantic amounts of serostim. It worked, doctors started to over-prescribe everyone Serostim to get the benefits EMD Serono was offering (unfortunately for EMD Serono they ended up paying millions in fines for this practice which was deemed illegal).

This ultimately created HIV positive people who did not need nor want 4 kits of serostim every single month. So they simply sell it. And who wants to buy 504iu's of pharm grade hgh every month despite all the side effects that dissuaded even HIV patients from taking it? Bodybuilders of course!

So, there you have it. Pharm grade hgh is usually purchased directly from HIV positive people. There are people who hang out at HIV clinics and offer to pay double the insurance copay on each kit of serostim and then flip it off to bodybuilders and quadruple the copay.

This is how pro bodybuilders get their GH.

closeline

• Getbig IV
Re: How Bodybuilders get Pharmaceutical Grade Human Growth Hormone
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:14:42 AM »
good post BFG

as usuall from the greatest poster regarding Bodybuilding related stuff ever

this is US

how does pharma GH supply work in Europe?

and where do olympic athletes get their GH from?

jacked_unit

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »
Great post as always BFG, thanks for the info!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 08:26:43 AM »
Excellent, interesting, informative post BFG! This is one of the reasons Getbig is numero uno!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »
I've heard this about the US. a lot of HIV positive patients selling their gh on Craigslist.

got me wondering if the same scenario holds true for Canada (over prescription). I emailed a buddy of mine to ask what the climate is like here for that possibility cause I have never heard abt that happening here. just the US. I'll let you all know what he says.

awesome post. thanks for sharing. makes me wonder if BFG is a top prep guy as opposed to someone who has contacts in the industry. his knowledge goes a little 'deeper' than most comp bbers would have imo, not to mention his articulation as well ;)
b

andyshawads

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »
100%right on..funny a buddy of mine just explained this to me in detail about a month ago..he also supplies several pros

ote author=BFG link=topic=484177.msg6883192#msg6883192 date=1373036133]
So, it seems there is a major lack of knowledge in the community of how bodybuilders obtain Pharmaceutical Grade hGH. Everyone knows that real human grade hgh is a major factor in bodybuilding success in the pro ranks, but the speculations i regularly here on how its obtained and how much it costs are just so far fetched. Anyway, heres the truth:

Even as a pro bodybuilder with connections to a number of "liberal" anti-aging doctors it is pretty tough to get a prescription for GH because that is currently the #1 drug in the anti aging circuit being scrutinized. For example, most AAS can be prescribed by doctors for "off label use" (i.e. anti-aging) but GH can no longer be prescribed for off label use. Doing so will raise a major red flag and the docs do not want that. That is why they have all mostly moved to prescribing Sermorelin for the same purposes.

Serono Saizen is actually approved to be prescribed for adults with "adult onset gh deficiency" but unfortunately the 8.8mg saizen prescribed for that purpose is really not enough for pro bodybuilding purposes. Beyond that, its a hassle for insurance to actually cover it - even with the aforementioned diagnosis and retail cost from the pharmacy is insane. Some pros have prescriptions for Saizen, but most just sell it at an insane markup and buy 126iu kits of serostim on the black market.

Now, the topic of Serono Serostim leads me to the whole point of this topic. Lets be clear, though. Serostim is the only hGH approved for HIV associated wasting. The recommended dose to combat wasting in HIV patients is 18iu's of serostim every day, or 4 126iu kits every month. Now here is where it gets interesting...HIV associated wasting does not happen much anymore due to the new generation of HIV medication. Furthermore, most HIV patients are NOT bodybuilders so they did not enjoy the constantly numb hands, carpal tunnel syndrome, fluid retention, sleepiness and insulin resistance that 18iu's of gh daily induced. This put a MAJOR hit in EMD Serono's wallet so they countered this by offering huge incentives to doctors for prescribing gigantic amounts of serostim. It worked, doctors started to over-prescribe everyone Serostim to get the benefits EMD Serono was offering (unfortunately for EMD Serono they ended up paying millions in fines for this practice which was deemed illegal).

This ultimately created HIV positive people who did not need nor want 4 kits of serostim every single month. So they simply sell it. And who wants to buy 504iu's of pharm grade hgh every month despite all the side effects that dissuaded even HIV patients from taking it? Bodybuilders of course!

So, there you have it. Pharm grade hgh is usually purchased directly from HIV positive people. There are people who hang out at HIV clinics and offer to pay double the insurance copay on each kit of serostim and then flip it off to bodybuilders and quadruple the copay.

This is how pro bodybuilders get their GH.
[/quote]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 09:54:55 AM »
Is that extra muscle really worth all that effort?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 09:57:22 AM »
Old news, been going on for around 15 years not so much anymore.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »

this

BFG

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 10:06:58 AM »
Old news, been going on for around 15 years not so much anymore.

wrong. 15 years ago HIV patients needed the gh to combat muscle wasting. The new class of HIV drugs do not induce this symptom and egrifta has become a much more popular alternative. This combined with the over prescription is why the market is saturated with serostim. There's more available now than 15 years ago BC the patients don't want or need it but the docs are still prescribing. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 10:16:12 AM »
wrong. 15 years ago HIV patients needed the gh to combat muscle wasting. The new class of HIV drugs do not induce this symptom and egrifta has become a much more popular alternative. This combined with the over prescription is why the market is saturated with serostim. There's more available now than 15 years ago BC the patients don't want or need it but the docs are still prescribing. 

Listen up newbie I've could name a few amateur  now pros on this board who were getting those kits back in 2000 from certain gay friends and paying around $200 for them. That shit never worked for AIDS all it did was give them a ton of water weight which left the impression they were slowing down the disease. Even these guys knew it so they just started selling their kits to make some good money. Like I said old news.

BFG

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »
Congrats on your ability to name bodybuilders who got serostim 13 years ago. How is that relevant to the point that you are wrong about this not happening as much anymore? Serono wasn't even offering prescription incentives 13 years ago. You are confused.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 10:36:38 AM »
Congrats on your ability to name bodybuilders who got serostim 13 years ago. How is that relevant to the point that you are wrong about this not happening as much anymore? Serono wasn't even offering prescription incentives 13 years ago. You are confused.
Why don`t you just stop using drugs?  You look like shit anyways.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 10:40:46 AM »

^ this x 1000

"Hey hun, did we make rent this month?  Great, headin to the AIDS clinic then.....livin the dream!!"

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »

No confusion at all I'm not the one talking about prescription incentives. These kits were all over the place years ago. Gays, bodybuilding hello? IF they are back it's nothing new at all.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 12:36:18 PM »
This is the only good thing about living in San Francisco, an abundance of heavily marked up serostim kits from old queens.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »
When you are subjected to hanging out at AIDS clinics to buy drugs then you should stop and take a step back to reevaluate your life.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
 This is how I have gotten kits since 1997

dustin

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 01:17:27 PM »
This is how I have gotten kits since 1997

PED

andyshawads

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 01:22:09 PM »
There is a cocktail of like 4-5 different things these patients get I believe...no? As u said I think most are now just taking the GH  and using very little or none and selling it as it doesn't seen to be necessary for the HIV treatment...some of these HIV positive dudes are making very very good money off this stuff..

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 01:58:57 PM »
I think I'll cut out the middle-man and get dah AIDS myself. Time to book a massage session in Sacto.

I'm hosting a bug chasing party next month.  PM me if interested.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 02:11:36 PM »
No confusion at all I'm not the one talking about prescription incentives. These kits were all over the place years ago. Gays, bodybuilding hello? IF they are back it's nothing new at all.

This is true, I even remember a few ads offering kits in exchange for muscle worship. 1996 - 97 is when I seem to remember this becoming common practice.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
Any of you board members with HIV/Full blown AIDS and that get kits, please pm me. No homo.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »
What kind of bunk kits was Palumbo peddling years ago?