Author Topic: UFC 162 - Anderson Silva Gives Weedman the 'kiss' of death  (Read 41120 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Anderson silva Gives Weedman the kiss of death
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 05:21:56 PM »
Jon Jones is the one that can be the greatest, he's young and already beat some names.

Gus is next, sorry Swede  ;D
Jones lost to a deaf Genova. A loss is a loss  ;D

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
Those wanting a Silva/Jones fight might get it sooner than expected.  Except it will be Roy Jones.

Dana White is giving this joke of a fight some serious life by talking about it recently.  In fact, Roy will be ringside this weekend.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 05:25:56 PM »
Jones lost to a deaf Genova. A loss is a loss  ;D
Indeed

Amazing how Jones was able to recover after such a devastating defeat ;D ;D

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »
True, just think Jones will be challenging for the Heavyweight title soon. He wins that then no question, he's the best. Silva hasn't challenged himself enough, he should fight at 205.

Fedor was a small heavyweight and he fought guys that outweighed him by 30 plus pounds most of the time.

Fjodor had this unmatched mystique about him. Pre facebook shit, pre twitter shit. (that sentence made me sound like a knowitall, I watched pride on replays didnät follow it closely back then)
hes up there also though. Anyone who beats Schilt,big nog,prime coleman,prime randleman,prime crocop,prime hunt is.

But when Jones moves up to HW and if he takes the belt. Its game over for everyone. As lonmg as mma remains. Jones will be talked about.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Anderson Silva Gives Weedman the 'kiss' of death
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »
 ;)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »
lol. I can't wait, Silva is gonna rape this bastard.

As much as I appreciate Silva's skill I avoid buying his fights because they are bad match ups.  Other then Jones who can give him a good fight?No one comes to mind  ???

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
;)

who you got and how and when?

I either got silva by murder in round 2 or weedman pulling a boring 5 round upset. Dunno if its because ive been affected from all this talk lol.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
As much as I appreciate Silva's skill I avoid buying his fights because they are bad match ups.  Other then Jones who can give him a good fight?No one comes to mind  ???

What do you mean "his fights" though?

Cub Swanson    vs.    Dennis Siver have the potential to be an awesome striking battle.
Mark Muņoz    vs.    Tim Boetsch weill either be great or boring as fuck.  And munoz is Shredded for the first time in his life.
Tim Kennedy    vs.    Roger Gracie  gracie makes his UFC debut as one of the best grapplers in MMA @ 185 pounds. Against a kennedy who takes shit about the UFC pay and will suffer the wrath of it if he loses lol.

And then you have one of the best mma fellas of All times facing a guy that's talked for shit the last 1.5 years.

Adn then you have a few Free fights which can be great, Gonzaga which has the potential to relaly be great if he focuses on his ground game and doesn't think hes a striker and Chris leben is always fun if the other guy is up for it.

edit* oh shit, and Edgar ofc! now he can go full pace right away!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 05:39:05 PM »
My money has and will always be on Silva.

I have met Chris a few times while at Renzo's academy. The kid has a great attitude, tons of energy, drive and a great desire to win. He is a very good wrestler and strong on the ground (I'd say a strong purple belt that can pass for a brown).

As a New York City local and as a Gracie student I hope Chris does well, but my mind tells me Anderson already has his number and will probably knock him out.

If they trade blows, Anderson will knock him out to tomorrow. If they go to the ground, Chris must be mindful that Anderson is still a black belt in JiuJitsu and that he has been training day and night with the likes of the Nogueira brothers, Fabricio Werdum and every other high-grade (heavy weight) black belt Brazil can offer.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2013, 05:41:53 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »
If Silva keeps fighting, he will eventually lose in the UFC. I know he has already lost before.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »
My money has and will always be on Silva.

I have met Chris a few times while at Renzo's academy. The kid has a great attitude, tons of energy, drive and a great desire to win. He is a very good wrestler and strong on the ground (I'd say a strong purple belt that can pass for a brown).

As a New York City local and as a Gracie student I hope Chris does well, but my mind tells me Anderson already has his number and will probably knock him out.

If they trade blows, Anderson will knock him out to tomorrow. If they go to the ground, Chris must be mindful that Anderson is still a black belt in JiuJitsu and that he has been training day and night with the likes of the Nogueira brothers, Fabricio Werdum and every other high-grade (heavy weight) black belt Brazil can offer.

"1"

have you rolled with Marcelo?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2013, 05:43:48 PM »
have you rolled with Marcelo?

If you mean Marcelo Garcia, then yes I have rolled with him. His academy is literally but a couple of blocks away from ours.

"1"

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »

damnit. you reminded me of the fact that we're not going to see Aldo vs Pettis. Damn I was looking forward to that shit :(
That is an aspect with mma that fucking sucks. you never actually know if a fight is even going to happen before the actual Day they're fighting.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 05:44:58 PM »
 MOST lose if they stay too long. MMA, Boxing, Kick Boxing, etc

I have rolled with Marcelo and I got destroyed     super nice guy though     super nice

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
If you mean Marcelo Garcia, then yes I have rolled with him. His academy is literally but a couple of blocks away from ours.

"1"

opinions? best you ever rolled with? Ive heard hes Really strong for his size., and obviously incredible.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 05:47:34 PM »
  I have rolled with Jacare who has tooled Marcelo   but I still find it hard to say that Jacare is better than him     Marcelo is not that big    so I have to give him the title of pound for pound   very tough though  because there have been some great ones    super long list

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »
  I have rolled with Jacare who has tooled Marcelo   but I still find it hard to say that Jacare is better than him     Marcelo is not that big    so I have to give him the title of pound for pound   very tough though  because there have been some great ones    super long list

Jacares standup has beenm Crazy improving lately.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2013, 05:51:02 PM »
 oh yeah   jacare and werdum have really brought up their striking         

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2013, 05:59:11 PM »
What do you mean "his fights" though?

Cub Swanson    vs.    Dennis Siver have the potential to be an awesome striking battle.
Mark Muņoz    vs.    Tim Boetsch weill either be great or boring as fuck.  And munoz is Shredded for the first time in his life.
Tim Kennedy    vs.    Roger Gracie  gracie makes his UFC debut as one of the best grapplers in MMA @ 185 pounds. Against a kennedy who takes shit about the UFC pay and will suffer the wrath of it if he loses lol.

And then you have one of the best mma fellas of All times facing a guy that's talked for shit the last 1.5 years.

Adn then you have a few Free fights which can be great, Gonzaga which has the potential to relaly be great if he focuses on his ground game and doesn't think hes a striker and Chris leben is always fun if the other guy is up for it.

edit* oh shit, and Edgar ofc! now he can go full pace right away!

I know the other fights draw me and and UFC has drawn me to Boston and Vegas to watch fights live.  I just hate the letdown of the main event.  Gonzaga looked horrible in his last fight being careless and Chris Leben also looked bad. I realize those are free and should be. Last season TUF was better then most of the PPV fights I watched if not all. 

the trainer

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »
This guy would school jacare and marcello watch as those russian sambo guys cower in fear.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2013, 06:02:03 PM »
opinions? best you ever rolled with? Ive heard hes Really strong for his size., and obviously incredible.

In my opinion, he is the BEST JiuJitsu practitioner in the entire United States.

I've rolled with Renzo, Eddie Bravo, Shaolin Ribeiro, Roger Gracie, Marcelo and with Braulio Estima. They are ALL extremely talented.

Marcelo, in my opinion, is better than everyone in the USA who teaches JiuJitsu (Keep in mind that both Roger and Braulio are based out of the UK). I would even say he is TIED as the best in the world along with Estima.

When Braulio Estima came to New York to hold a seminar at Marcelo's academy, I attended and got a chance to roll with him and Braulio submitted me in less than a minute. Keep in mind that I am a high ranking Renzo Gracie Brown Belt. That said, Braulio made me feel like a damn child and I took note of it for future edification. His sheer power on the mats is ridiculous.

I've rolled with Marcelo probably about 4-5 times and he is a damn Magician. I am much taller than Marcelo and with him, I felt as if my height was of no advantage. I am definitely stronger than he is as well, but his technique is too strong to use brute strength on.

In my opinion, Marcelo and Braulio are equally talented and out of 10 matches, I can see it going either way, they are just masters at their craft.

I train with Renzo weekly and he is ridiculously good (can whoop me into a submission very quickly, especially since all I know I learned from him and Danaher).

Shaolin is a strong guy, very explosive and fast. He uses a lot more brute strength when he rolls and with him I felt that his technique, if not careful, can lead to fractures.

Roger is another killer. I think if I had to rank in order, I would say that after being tied (Marcelo & Braulio) at number 1, Roger is at a close 2nd, followed by Renzo for 3rd, Eddie for 4th and Shaolin for 5th.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but that's my take on the BJJ world..

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »
 :D ;D

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
In my opinion, he is the BEST JiuJitsu practitioner in the entire United States.

I've rolled with Renzo, Eddie Bravo, Shaolin Ribeiro, Roger Gracie, Marcelo and with Braulio Estima. They are ALL extremely talented.

Marcelo, in my opinion, is better than everyone in the USA who teaches JiuJitsu (Keep in mind that both Roger and Braulio are based out of the UK). I would even say he is TIED as the best in the world along with Estima.

When Braulio Estima came to New York to hold a seminar at Marcelo's academy, I attended and got a chance to roll with him and Braulio submitted me in less than a minute. Keep in mind that I am a high ranking Renzo Gracie Brown Belt. That said, Braulio made me feel like a damn child and I took note of it for future edification. His sheer power on the mats is ridiculous.

I've rolled with Marcelo probably about 4-5 times and he is a damn Magician. I am much taller than Marcelo and with him, I felt as if my height was of no advantage. I am definitely stronger than he is as well, but his technique is too strong to use brute strength on.

In my opinion, Marcelo and Braulio are equally talented and out of 10 matches, I can see it going either way, they are just masters at their craft.

I train with Renzo weekly and he is ridiculously good (can whoop me into a submission very quickly, especially since all I know I learned from him and Danaher).

Shaolin is a strong guy, very explosive and fast. He uses a lot more brute strength when he rolls and with him I felt that his technique, if not careful, can lead to fractures.

Roger is another killer. I think if I had to rank in order, I would say that after being tied (Marcelo & Braulio) at number 1, Roger is at a close 2nd, followed by Renzo for 3rd, Eddie for 4th and Shaolin for 5th.

"1"

Thanks.

Looking forward to Rogers debut. Hopefully he does't want to prove that hes learned striking or whatever. And Focuses on what hes great at.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »

"1"

Are these guys homophobic?  Don't mean to reduce you to your orientation, just curious.