Author Topic: UFC 162 - Anderson Silva Gives Weedman the 'kiss' of death  (Read 41121 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Anderson Silva Gives Weedman the 'kiss' of death
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »
the gay tension in this staged comedy is deep.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »

Calm down Froggy :)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 06:30:54 PM »
Are these guys homophobic?  Don't mean to reduce you to your orientation, just curious.

Not that I know of.

These guys come from a culture that has a very rich sexual history and one that has a heavy presence of trannys.

That aside, I have yet to meet any student that acts flamboyantly while on the mats. I don't think that would be tolerated or taken well.

"1"

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
Wanderson Silver VS Daiju Takase

Cub Swanson when he fought Aldo

the trainer

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »
This is what really happen that cause the anderson silva kiss.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
The Romantic Version

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »
My money has and will always be on Silva.

I have met Chris a few times while at Renzo's academy. The kid has a great attitude, tons of energy, drive and a great desire to win. He is a very good wrestler and strong on the ground (I'd say a strong purple belt that can pass for a brown).

"1"

Chris a strong purple?  You must mean in the gi and not in no-gi (which is much more relevant for MMA), right?  
If not, how do you explain Chris' fine showing in ADCC 2009 against Andre Galvao?  http://vimeo.com/6921039

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
My money has and will always be on Silva.

I have met Chris a few times while at Renzo's academy. The kid has a great attitude, tons of energy, drive and a great desire to win. He is a very good wrestler and strong on the ground (I'd say a strong purple belt that can pass for a brown).

As a New York City local and as a Gracie student I hope Chris does well, but my mind tells me Anderson already has his number and will probably knock him out.

If they trade blows, Anderson will knock him out to tomorrow. If they go to the ground, Chris must be mindful that Anderson is still a black belt in JiuJitsu and that he has been training day and night with the likes of the Nogueira brothers, Fabricio Werdum and every other high-grade (heavy weight) black belt Brazil can offer.

"1"
eh chris handled himself well against maia

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »
 ::)

he kissed that dude, but won't bang/marry anna paula. ::) mma is gay.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
Chris a strong purple?  You must mean in the gi and not in no-gi (which is much more relevant for MMA), right?  
If not, how do you explain Chris' fine showing in ADCC 2009 against Andre Galvao?  http://vimeo.com/6921039

Chris goes to the same Academy as I do.

John Danaher, who is the same guy I have been training with for over 9 years is the guy that gave him his purple belt.

Belt rank does not determine how well you perform against another opponent, regardless of their rank or gi vs no-gi.

If you train under the right academy, they train you to be strong in both gi and no-gi from the start. Some academies will even do no-gi as their preferred technique (see: Tenth Planet JiuJitsu).

For instance, you pit a random black belt from an average storefront JiuJitsu academy taught by a weak instructor against a Gracie purple belt, the Gracie student will win most times in combat. It comes down to skill and what the Gracies and Alliance teams do is what separates the good from the best.

Chris was an All-American wrestler 4x. There is a natural transition wrestlers have into JiuJitsu, which makes it easier for them to grasp the major concepts and body mechanics involved.  Chris went to ADCC after only 3 months of taking JiuJitsu (3 MONTHS!).

He was a blue belt just up to a year and a half ago. He came to our academy (Renzo's academy) and rolled in the open drill slot with a mix of blue and purple belts and he was submitting guys left and right. John Danaher sees him doing this, approaches Chris and asks him what belt rank he had, Chris answered with Blue and immediately John Danaher promoted him to a purple (on the spot - like 5 minutes after open drills).

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2013, 09:08:12 PM »
eh chris handled himself well against maia

He sure did.

My point with regards to Anderson being a black belt is that Chris shouldn't underestimate Anderson's JiuJitsu skill set. Just because he doesn't use it as much, doesn't mean he isn't well versed in it.

Maia is fantastic in his own right, but Chris' size was too much for Maia, not to mention his overall intensity.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2013, 12:04:16 AM »
  omr is correct      chris did well at adcc against top level black belts    he will probably get his in a year or two

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2013, 12:12:23 AM »
Leave it to uberman to experience deep gay tension.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2013, 04:43:31 AM »
In my opinion, he is the BEST JiuJitsu practitioner in the entire United States.

I've rolled with Renzo, Eddie Bravo, Shaolin Ribeiro, Roger Gracie, Marcelo and with Braulio Estima. They are ALL extremely talented.

Marcelo, in my opinion, is better than everyone in the USA who teaches JiuJitsu (Keep in mind that both Roger and Braulio are based out of the UK). I would even say he is TIED as the best in the world along with Estima.

When Braulio Estima came to New York to hold a seminar at Marcelo's academy, I attended and got a chance to roll with him and Braulio submitted me in less than a minute. Keep in mind that I am a high ranking Renzo Gracie Brown Belt. That said, Braulio made me feel like a damn child and I took note of it for future edification. His sheer power on the mats is ridiculous.

I've rolled with Marcelo probably about 4-5 times and he is a damn Magician. I am much taller than Marcelo and with him, I felt as if my height was of no advantage. I am definitely stronger than he is as well, but his technique is too strong to use brute strength on.

In my opinion, Marcelo and Braulio are equally talented and out of 10 matches, I can see it going either way, they are just masters at their craft.

I train with Renzo weekly and he is ridiculously good (can whoop me into a submission very quickly, especially since all I know I learned from him and Danaher).

Shaolin is a strong guy, very explosive and fast. He uses a lot more brute strength when he rolls and with him I felt that his technique, if not careful, can lead to fractures.

Roger is another killer. I think if I had to rank in order, I would say that after being tied (Marcelo & Braulio) at number 1, Roger is at a close 2nd, followed by Renzo for 3rd, Eddie for 4th and Shaolin for 5th.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but that's my take on the BJJ world..

"1"

why dont these great "bjj practitioners" ever compete against high level judokas

except helio gracie the only one with big enough balls to fight a great judoka

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2013, 04:49:49 AM »
Totally not a fighter, but One and arce bringing the thread on home. Thanks lads.  :)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2013, 05:08:33 AM »
If Silva wins this fight, he should demand a superfight with either GSP or Jones. Then he should retire after that fight win or lose. There would be no shame if his last fight was a loss to a guy like GSP or Bones Jones.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2013, 05:21:43 AM »
If Silva wins this fight, he should demand a superfight with either GSP or Jones. Then he should retire after that fight win or lose. There would be no shame if his last fight was a loss to a guy like GSP or Bones Jones.

He won't have to demand it. Dana will force him to have a super fight with Jon Jones.

Jones and Silva are both now up for it. GSP has stated very clearly that he does NOT want to fight Silva in any way, shape or form. GSP knows that Anderson's size, striking, experience and power is too much for him. He (GSP) has said this to Dana White.

Assuming all goes well and Silva beats Weidman as planned, look out for a super fight sometime before the end of the year, down in the Texas at the largest football stadium they have. It will be a Jones/Silva superfight.

"1"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2013, 05:24:20 AM »
He won't have to demand it. Dana will force him to have a super fight with Jon Jones.

Jones and Silva are both now up for it. GSP has stated very clearly that he does NOT want to fight Silva in any way, shape or form. GSP knows that Anderson's size, striking, experience and power is too much for him. He (GSP) has said this to Dana White.

Assuming all goes well and Silva beats Weidman as planned, look out for a super fight sometime before the end of the year, down in the Texas at the largest football stadium they have. It will be a Jones/Silva superfight.

"1"
Would you agree that win or lose, Silva should retire after said superfight?

ukjeff

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2013, 05:26:59 AM »
In MMA nothing is certain.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2013, 05:32:52 AM »
In MMA nothing is certain.

I remember that fight. It's also ironic that the commentator in that video (Barnett) is the SAME guy that outed PRIDE for having the most fixed fights.

While it is true that anything can happen, that fight in Pride was one of those that had many controversies afterwards. Even the sheer application of that scissor heel hook was weak.

That said, ANYONE can lose at any time.

"1"

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »
andersons stand up wins this fight

he will catch weidman when he is shooting in at some point
T

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2013, 04:11:59 PM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »
Surprised that Joe Rogan wasn't in the middle of them trying to eye fuck each.  He is the creepiest dude in the background in every weigh in.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2013, 04:54:06 PM »
Surprised that Joe Rogan wasn't in the middle of them trying to eye fuck each.  He is the creepiest dude in the background in every weigh in.

I think Joe Rogan might be Bisexual.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »
  Joe does seem Bi