Author Topic: by popular demand the rick wayne thread.  (Read 36299 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: by popular demand the rick wayne thread.
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 11:07:52 AM »
Funky  ;D

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 07:55:19 AM »
had amazing arms for his days. vascularity ala clint beyerle almost

jonsgym

• Getbig I
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »
I saw Rick many times at shows in the UK during the 60's, his physique always impressed me, though I always felt if he could just bring his calves up to being half as good as his arms, he would have won almost anything. He had a very outgoing personality, and a quick, perceptive mind. He always said exactly what he thought and sometimes that did not sit to well with the establishment on both sides of the Atlantic.
I remember one time when I had competed in a big junior contest in Manchester and after a quick change and a run to the station, I was sitting in the train when Rick, who had been one of the guest posers walks in and sits across the aisle from me. After a few words of congratulations, as I had won the contest, he took a cigarette out and lit up. I had settled down to sleep on the journey back to London, but the unusual smell of the burning tobacco puzzled me. Rick smoked two or three cigarettes and I was feeling quite odd, very light headed in fact. Only days later did I realise that it wasn't Marlboro Lights he was puffing!   

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »
I saw Rick many times at shows in the UK during the 60's, his physique always impressed me, though I always felt if he could just bring his calves up to being half as good as his arms, he would have won almost anything. He had a very outgoing personality, and a quick, perceptive mind. He always said exactly what he thought and sometimes that did not sit to well with the establishment on both sides of the Atlantic.
I remember one time when I had competed in a big junior contest in Manchester and after a quick change and a run to the station, I was sitting in the train when Rick, who had been one of the guest posers walks in and sits across the aisle from me. After a few words of congratulations, as I had won the contest, he took a cigarette out and lit up. I had settled down to sleep on the journey back to London, but the unusual smell of the burning tobacco puzzled me. Rick smoked two or three cigarettes and I was feeling quite odd, very light headed in fact. Only days later did I realise that it wasn't Marlboro Lights he was puffing!   

;D

jonsgym

• Getbig I
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 02:56:20 AM »
Wild Willie, asked me if that story about Rick Wayne is true, yes absolutely true. Many years later I was working, well laying in the sun for a week, while on a stop over for the international airline I work for in Saint Lucia, where Rick originates from. So I went and found his gym and trained there for a couple of days. His wife, Mae Mollica, ran the gym. Rick at that time was into journalism and writing for the island newspaper. Though now he is into politics I believe. I always liked his quick, intelligent wit. He was too quick for Joe Weider, and probably too truthful as well.   

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »
Didn't Rick also serve as editor for a newspaper publisher?

Guy definitely had some brains!!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »
Wild Willie, asked me if that story about Rick Wayne is true, yes absolutely true. Many years later I was working, well laying in the sun for a week, while on a stop over for the international airline I work for in Saint Lucia, where Rick originates from. So I went and found his gym and trained there for a couple of days. His wife, Mae Mollica, ran the gym. Rick at that time was into journalism and writing for the island newspaper. Though now he is into politics I believe. I always liked his quick, intelligent wit. He was too quick for Joe Weider, and probably too truthful as well.   
seems like a few of the old time champs enjoyed a little puff here and there......nothing wrong with that.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 01:07:31 PM »
 ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 12:14:52 PM »
 ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »
 ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »
 ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2015, 12:21:18 PM »
 ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 12:22:55 PM »
 ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 11:33:34 AM »
 :o
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
 ::)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 11:35:09 AM »
 :o this is the only one of the lot i don't have.
F