Author Topic: Anyone believe in Haunted Houses  (Read 25658 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Anyone believe in Haunted Houses
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
Let me open a can of worms. Any people here devout christians? Do you still believe in ghosts?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
Not me not sure in what I believe in something controls the world.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2013, 06:56:53 PM »
Let me open a can of worms. Any people here devout christians? Do you still believe in ghosts?

Devout does not describe my views on religion. I am not a lamb.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2013, 08:41:37 PM »
Devout does not describe my views on religion. I am not a lamb.
What are your views on religion?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2013, 09:28:56 PM »
What are your views on religion?

For the most part, I see organized religion as negative. So many wars have been fought and millions of people have died in the name of religions, how can they be a good thing. IMO many people use religion as a crutch. While conducting their lives with seemingly little regard for their fellow human beings and often "sinning" or acting against the teachings of their religious icons they convince themselves all is good as long as they go to church or it's equivalent occasionally or even just pray to be better.

I am not sure I believe in God. If I do, it is as a universal intelligence. If believed in a God, he or she would only manifest good and positive energy. All the negativity in the world comes from us humans and not from God. People would benefit if they stopped blaming God when things go wrong and rather look to themselves.

There is much more to why I believe as I do, but this isn't the place for a novel. I spent time attending Science of the Mind services both when I was a kid and as an adult. This is a metaphysical religion founded by Earnest Holmes in 1927. Science of the Mind meetings or services welcome and embrace all people, regardless of their religious leanings.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2013, 09:54:51 PM »
For the most part, I see organized religion as negative. So many wars have been fought and millions of people have died in the name of religions, how can they be a good thing. IMO many people use religion as a crutch. While conducting their lives with seemingly little regard for their fellow human beings and often "sinning" or acting against the teachings of their religious icons they convince themselves all is good as long as they go to church or it's equivalent occasionally or even just pray to be better.

I am not sure I believe in God. If I do, it is as a universal intelligence. If believed in a God, he or she would only manifest good and positive energy. All the negativity in the world comes from us humans and not from God. People would benefit if they stopped blaming God when things go wrong and rather look to themselves.

There is much more to why I believe as I do, but this isn't the place for a novel. I spent time attending Science of the Mind services both when I was a kid and as an adult. This is a metaphysical religion founded by Earnest Holmes in 1927. Science of the Mind meetings or services welcome and embrace all people, regardless of their religious leanings.
I totally agree with you. Not sure in what I believe in, but I am not religious. Now as you I believe in a universal intelligence. Now Karma plays in I think if you do wrong things, wrong things will come back to you. Sounds a bit like Scientology Tom Cruise a long time supporter not sure if I believe in that either. I meditate and pretty much believe in nothingness that is what mediation teaches you. Kyomu and I talk about it some he is a Tao I am Zen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2013, 12:45:16 AM »
I totally agree with you. Not sure in what I believe in, but I am not religious. Now as you I believe in a universal intelligence. Now Karma plays in I think if you do wrong things, wrong things will come back to you. Sounds a bit like Scientology Tom Cruise a long time supporter not sure if I believe in that either. I meditate and pretty much believe in nothingness that is what mediation teaches you. Kyomu and I talk about it some he is a Tao I am Zen.

I am kind of hyper. I have not tried meditating. Guess I fear that I would not be able to concentrate as I suspect one should. My mind is always going in 20 directions at once. If I should decide to try this, I will need to find a knowledgeable mentor/teacher. I believe in Karma too but I also think it works because one believes in it. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and vice versa.

Scientology is scary, IMO. It seems like mind control to me. I have probably read too much negative stuff about Scientology and their practices. Tom Cruise is not a shining example of someone I would hold in high esteem. I worked with a fellow who was a Scientologist once a long time ago. He was always trying to recruit me. The problem with him was that he was just plain weird, which may have had nothing to do with his being a Scientologist, but I wasn't impressed by the things he had to say either way.

People take from any religion what they choose regardless of whether it is what is being taught or not. Science of Mind teaches about the power of believing. The problem is some people think they can use that power for personal rather then spiritual gain, which is not what it is all about. My stepdad was like that in a way. Everything with him was about monetary gain. He thought if he could believe hard enough, he'd become a wealthy person. He found out otherwise. I think that was a major disappointment for him.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2013, 02:50:43 AM »
I am kind of hyper. I have not tried meditating. Guess I fear that I would not be able to concentrate as I suspect one should. My mind is always going in 20 directions at once. If I should decide to try this, I will need to find a knowledgeable mentor/teacher. I believe in Karma too but I also think it works because one believes in it. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and vice versa.

Scientology is scary, IMO. It seems like mind control to me. I have probably read too much negative stuff about Scientology and their practices. Tom Cruise is not a shining example of someone I would hold in high esteem. I worked with a fellow who was a Scientologist once a long time ago. He was always trying to recruit me. The problem with him was that he was just plain weird, which may have had nothing to do with his being a Scientologist, but I wasn't impressed by the things he had to say either way.

People take from any religion what they choose regardless of whether it is what is being taught or not. Science of Mind teaches about the power of believing. The problem is some people think they can use that power for personal rather then spiritual gain, which is not what it is all about. My stepdad was like that in a way. Everything with him was about monetary gain. He thought if he could believe hard enough, he'd become a wealthy person. He found out otherwise. I think that was a major disappointment for him.
Well that's what meditation teaches "Be still and know". It very tough at first especially if you are hyper. My dad was all about money but died penniless. another strange thing I wokw up early today and go piss then I hear music playing like jazz I did not have a tv or radio on and no cars outside playing music. Just weird.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2013, 06:22:10 AM »
Elvis died on my birthday Aug.16 my dad looked alot like him and he enjoyed his music. A bit strange.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2013, 11:08:20 AM »
Well that's what meditation teaches "Be still and know". It very tough at first especially if you are hyper. My dad was all about money but died penniless. another strange thing I wokw up early today and go piss then I hear music playing like jazz I did not have a tv or radio on and no cars outside playing music. Just weird.

Do you enjoy jazz? Did you go back to bed or did you stay up, once up. How long did the music play?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
Elvis died on my birthday Aug.16 my dad looked alot like him and he enjoyed his music. A bit strange.

Guess your a lion then. I am a virgin since my birthday in on August 28.

There are natural occurrences that we assign special meanings to, such as your birthday, Elvis' passing and the fact that you think a lot about your dad and he enjoyed Elvis' music. ESP is an amazing tool that most humans have lost the ability to use. Dogs and other animals retain their natural extrasensory abilities better than most humans do. Our extrasensory perception is most active when we are very young.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2013, 11:21:44 AM »
Do you enjoy jazz? Did you go back to bed or did you stay up, once up. How long did the music play?
Just around 5 minutes, I stayed up awhile to see if it would come back left everything off it didnt come back weird as hell. I admire your tenacity to stay with the Iron game at your age. ( no homo).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: July 19, 2013, 03:42:35 PM »
Just around 5 minutes, I stayed up awhile to see if it would come back left everything off it didnt come back weird as hell. I admire your tenacity to stay with the Iron game at your age. ( no homo).

Maybe the trick is to never get out of the game. Over the years, I have geared up and geared down my workouts, but I have never abandoned them completely. Narcissism coupled with being a control freak are powerful tools if you use them to your advantage. Of course besides looking more fit, there is always being more fit then the next person as inspiration.

Just laid out in the sun for an hour in my back yard. It felt great to have the sun beating down on me. I haven't taken the time to do that in awhile. I am out of speed tans at the gym right now. It makes little sense to pay $80 to $100 for 20 sessions when I can lay out in the back yard for free. Heck, I may even head to the river tomorrow and/or Sunday.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2013, 05:51:49 PM »
Maybe the trick is to never get out of the game. Over the years, I have geared up and geared down my workouts, but I have never abandoned them completely. Narcissism coupled with being a control freak are powerful tools if you use them to your advantage. Of course besides looking more fit, there is always being more fit then the next person as inspiration.

Just laid out in the sun for an hour in my back yard. It felt great to have the sun beating down on me. I haven't taken the time to do that in awhile. I am out of speed tans at the gym right now. It makes little sense to pay $80 to $100 for 20 sessions when I can lay out in the back yard for free. Heck, I may even head to the river tomorrow and/or Sunday.
You remind me of Jack King a older Bodybuilder in my town he was like late 60's when I met him still owns a gym here. First time I met him he was laying in the sun we later went on to enter BB contests he had alot of knowledge and was a great poser. The Showstoppa knows hims as well he trained there he was sorta of like Vince Gironda if you didnt like him or his gym he would tell you get the hell out. I hate tanning beds, Vit-D from the sun is best.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2013, 10:46:22 PM »
You remind me of Jack King a older Bodybuilder in my town he was like late 60's when I met him still owns a gym here. First time I met him he was laying in the sun we later went on to enter BB contests he had alot of knowledge and was a great poser. The Showstoppa knows hims as well he trained there he was sorta of like Vince Gironda if you didnt like him or his gym he would tell you get the hell out. I hate tanning beds, Vit-D from the sun is best.

Thank you. You flatter me though. I am older and I have lifted all my adult life, like your friend. To be honest, I have never taken bodybuilding to a personal level that would justify my entering BB contests, although I have considered that being a somewhat advanced senior, I might have a chance of placing if I properly prepared and was that dedicated. I have no idea how to pose. I never tried it, to be honest.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2013, 02:59:17 AM »
Thank you. You flatter me though. I am older and I have lifted all my adult life, like your friend. To be honest, I have never taken bodybuilding to a personal level that would justify my entering BB contests, although I have considered that being a somewhat advanced senior, I might have a chance of placing if I properly prepared and was that dedicated. I have no idea how to pose. I never tried it, to be honest.

There are 7 mandatory poses these are normally looked at in pre-judging where the contest is decided. The night is much just for the crowd. Just looking you could probably win you age group go for it!

Quarter Turns
Front Double Biceps
Rear Double Biceps
Front Lat Spread
Rear Lat Spread
Side Triceps
Side Chest
Front Abdominal & Thigh

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
There are 7 mandatory poses these are normally looked at in pre-judging where the contest is decided. The night is much just for the crowd. Just looking you could probably win you age group go for it!

Quarter Turns
Front Double Biceps
Rear Double Biceps
Front Lat Spread
Rear Lat Spread
Side Triceps
Side Chest
Front Abdominal & Thigh

Nah, I'd have to buy a thong.  :)

Okay, we will see. I guess one should never say never. I'd have to diet down a bit and there are some areas that need work too. Then there is dusting the plastic trophy, like you said.