Author Topic: Testosterone test  (Read 10655 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Testosterone test
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 07:10:20 PM »
I went to the doctor today and mentioned that the medication I am on seems to be giving me lower energy levels, so he gave me a testosterone test. I've never had this done before. If it comes back low, what would he probably give me? I am only 28 by the way.
Hmm.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »
I went to the doctor today and mentioned that the medication I am on seems to be giving me lower energy levels, so he gave me a testosterone test. I've never had this done before. If it comes back low, what would he probably give me? I am only 28 by the way.
I am also 28 and just went in for a testosterone test today. I am on suboxone as part of a treatment for opiate dependence and my doctor thinks my test levels are suffering due to the medicine. Probably test cyp 200 once every two weeks.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »
I know some guys who use 100iu day and that gets them to the very upper limits of normal.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 07:48:59 PM »
Once you go on HRT for months your normal testosterone will really dive. Really think if you want to do it for life.

HCG is a form of LH hormone that bodybuilders use who think they are doctors of pharmacology. Back in the day so many bodybuilders felt it raised estrogen levels too. Whether this if from aromatization or just that it use to be made from pregnant women's piss. Can't count how many guys got a sore nipple area from using it.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »
Once you go on HRT for months your normal testosterone will really dive. Really think if you want to do it for life.

HCG is a form of LH hormone that bodybuilders use who think they are doctors of pharmacology. Back in the day so many bodybuilders felt it raised estrogen levels too. Whether this if from aromatization or just that it use to be made from pregnant women's piss. Can't count how many guys got a sore nipple area from using it.
That's because back in the old days guys would take 2500 to 3000ius at a time, Not 100 -250ius for HRT.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »
Estrogen to finish turning you into a lady.

lol

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »

I didn't have the sore nipple side with HCG. Everyone is different. What  I would like to find is the magic formula that raises my libido. Not sure why it matters except that it matters to me.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:20 PM »

At 68 years of age, life is counting down. If I am on HRT for the remainder of my life, it is no big deal as far as I am concerned as long as I can keep hitting the gym and build big muscles. It is not like I am suddenly going to have kidney failure.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 12:48:54 PM »
After a year off testosterone cyp, my levels dropped to 200. They are back up in the normal range now. I'd prefer normal for a guy 18-20 years old, but so far have not been able to talk my doctor into that big a dose. I am injecting 300 mg every other week with no lows prior to the next injection. Before surgery last year, my free testosterone numbers were excellent at between 700 and 1,000 although my doctor though 1,000 was too high. My last labs showed me in the low 400's. At the last visit the doctor let me increase the dosage to 300 mg from 200 mg every other week.

BTW, once you are on testosterone, it is a forever thing if you want to keep your levels in the normal range.

Is this a serious post???

THE BEEF

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 04:16:58 PM »
I didn't have the sore nipple side with HCG. Everyone is different. What  I would like to find is the magic formula that raises my libido. Not sure why it matters except that it matters to me.

I remember Chrisler from AllThingsMale recommended a small dose of DHEA. He thought it was important for guys on TRT for health reasons and really thought it boosted libido... said it was more important than test itself in that regard. Check with the guys at AllThingsMale for the dose and report back if you try it.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 04:38:18 PM »

50 mg proviron daily, safe and effective.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 04:42:57 PM »

I did HRT (started with androgel [1 then 2 packets ed]- then test troches  - then andriol - NO INJECTIONS) for two years @25 & 26. After the problem resolved itself, my levels were within range after 2 months.

So NO - you don't have to do it for life. Think of it as therapy.

It's a misconception and too much bro-science bullshit that once you start test, that you are stuck for life. I have done a 10 month cycle, and w/in 7 weeks endogenous test levels were back to normal. Again on another 12 month cycle.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »

have you ever used steroids or hrt?

E
E

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »
Is this a serious post???

THE BEEF

It is the truth and it is very serious.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »
After a year off testosterone cyp, my levels dropped to 200. They are back up in the normal range now. I'd prefer normal for a guy 18-20 years old, but so far have not been able to talk my doctor into that big a dose. I am injecting 300 mg every other week with no lows prior to the next injection. Before surgery last year, my free testosterone numbers were excellent at between 700 and 1,000 although my doctor though 1,000 was too high. My last labs showed me in the low 400's. At the last visit the doctor let me increase the dosage to 300 mg from 200 mg every other week.

BTW, once you are on testosterone, it is a forever thing if you want to keep your levels in the normal range.

A single 300 mg injection every 14 days? Holy shit, I'm always amazed at how legit retarded most doctors are.

Op, hrt is good. But you need a grown up doctor who actually understands medicine

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »
I remember Chrisler from AllThingsMale recommended a small dose of DHEA. He thought it was important for guys on TRT for health reasons and really thought it boosted libido... said it was more important than test itself in that regard. Check with the guys at AllThingsMale for the dose and report back if you try it.

I take DHEA 25 mg and have for many years. I had no idea AllThingsMale recommends it. When I was dealing with prostate cancer, My doctor had me stop taking it, but I am back on it now.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 05:58:18 PM »
I did HRT (started with androgel [1 then 2 packets ed]- then test troches  - then andriol - NO INJECTIONS) for two years @25 & 26. After the problem resolved itself, my levels were within range after 2 months.

So NO - you don't have to do it for life. Think of it as therapy.

It's a misconception and too much bro-science bullshit that once you start test, that you are stuck for life. I have done a 10 month cycle, and w/in 7 weeks endogenous test levels were back to normal. Again on another 12 month cycle.

I believe it depends on why your testosterone levels are low. Admittedly, I wasn't very clear about this in the earlier post. If low test is due to age or hypogonadism, one will likely need to remain on TRT indefinitely or learn to live with low test levels.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »
A single 300 mg injection every 14 days? Holy shit, I'm always amazed at how legit retarded most doctors are.

Op, hrt is good. But you need a grown up doctor who actually understands medicine

The prescribing doctor is a urologist not and endocrinologist. When I was on testosterone cypionate prior to having prostate cancer, 150 mg a week put in in the high normal range 800 to 1,000 total test. I see no need to exceed these levels should I once again get there on the dosage I am on.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 06:18:10 PM »
The prescribing doctor is a urologist not and endocrinologist. When I was on testosterone cypionate prior to having prostate cancer, 150 mg a week put in in the high normal range 800 to 1,000 total test. I see no need to exceed these levels should I once again get there on the dosage I am on.

I think he means the frequency is suboptimal. Levels will fluctuate wildly.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
yeah total joke ,esp its always the ones who never tried who claim such

most ppl are just fine after few motnhs even after coming off hefty nonstop cycles

There are reasons for being on testosterone besides for bodybuilding purposes.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »
Androgel which will do nothing but kill the rest of your test levels and suppress your LH for the rest of your life.  Unless you overload on HCG or better yet, HMG  (seeing how triptorelin if still in the "iffy" stages) to the extent that you start lactating and menstruating as well.

Exactly, once you start it, you pretty much have to stick with it.   And your girlfriend can roll your little testicles between your fingers.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:14 PM »

Yeah, urologist.. That's your problem right there , they should stick to poking around in men's asses and not prescribing hrt. With that injection protocol your levels will be all over the place, you need them as stable as possible for safe hrt

Switch to every other day sub q shots, divide your 150 mg a week into 3-4 shots and shoot subq n the hips and ass fat with a slin pin. Cristler on allthings male recommends this

This will lower e2 conversion, give stable levels and if you have shbg or dht issues it should help those too. Lose the uro IMO, he sounds like an idiot

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 12:04:56 AM »
Yeah, urologist.. That's your problem right there , they should stick to poking around in men's asses and not prescribing hrt. With that injection protocol your levels will be all over the place, you need them as stable as possible for safe hrt

Switch to every other day sub q shots, divide your 150 mg a week into 3-4 shots and shoot subq n the hips and ass fat with a slin pin. Cristler on allthings male recommends this

This will lower e2 conversion, give stable levels and if you have shbg or dht issues it should help those too. Lose the uro IMO, he sounds like an idiot

Thanks for the advice. I will take it under consideration.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2013, 08:02:48 AM »
Seriously for libido almost nothing beats proviron and it is used in some countries for and in addition to test in hrt.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »
TRT and HRT clinics here in S. FL follow the same protocol.

200mg test cyp weekly
500iu hcg 2x weekly
2 tabs of arimidex weekly