Author Topic: It's Men's Work  (Read 2926 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
It's Men's Work
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »
I've noticed that NOT ONE woman cuts the lawn (much less any yard work) around here.  Why do you suppose that is?  Is cutting the grass a "man's job"?   Are women supposed to stay away from power equipment?   Do men feel less "manly" if their wives are out doing "their job"?  ::) I like riding around on the tractor.  Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something while getting a dose of vitamin D.   8)
:

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: It's Men's Work
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »
I've noticed that NOT ONE woman cuts the lawn (much less any yard work) around here.  Why do you suppose that is?  Is cutting the grass a "man's job"?   Are women supposed to stay away from power equipment?   Do men feel less "manly" if their wives are out doing "their job"?  ::) I like riding around on the tractor.  Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something while getting a dose of vitamin D.   8)

My wife seems to think its a mans job. I wouldn't mind if she got out there in 90 degree weather and mowed the lawn every once in awhile.
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »
Is sandwich assembly still possible atop a tractor or is it too labor intensive?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 06:17:36 PM »
Is sandwich assembly still possible atop a tractor or is it too labor intensive?

Multi-tasking IS one of my greater skills  8) but even that is beyond my aptitude :P
:

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 06:20:19 PM »
I've noticed that NOT ONE woman cuts the lawn (much less any yard work) around here.  Why do you suppose that is?  Is cutting the grass a "man's job"?   Are women supposed to stay away from power equipment?   Do men feel less "manly" if their wives are out doing "their job"?  ::) I like riding around on the tractor.  Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something while getting a dose of vitamin D.   8)
my grandmother used to mow the lawn and do hard work.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »
Multi-tasking IS one of my greater skills  8) but even that is beyond my aptitude :P

I'm sure most men and women in the U.S. somehow deem the activity you've described a "man's job," though I don't see any good reason for this. It's worth noting as well that overseas, extremely cheap labor (hey, you're still paying them more than they'd get in their country of origin!) is available for such tasks, making this a non-issue.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:44:20 PM »
My wife does all the yard work  around  the house ,  all I do is fix the lawn mower when it breaks down ( in between posts ).

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 06:45:11 PM »
In NH I've seen many women doing all kinds of yard work. My ex wife would not learn how to run the lawn tractor or operate the snowblower.  I tried to teach her both because I traveled a great deal.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 06:54:43 PM »
it's common knowledge that women lack the fine motor skills to operate high power equipment and thus society has deemed this a man's job because of that.  Now some may find what I'm saying to be slightly unfair but with respect to women we have made available other options that are useful such as a blender or if she just really wanted to run something gas powered she has an oven and boom problem solved

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
it's common knowledge that women lack the fine motor skills to operate high power equipment and thus society has deemed this a man's job because of that.  Now some may find what I'm saying to be slightly unfair but with respect to women we have made available other options that are useful such as a blender or if she just really wanted to run something gas powered she has an oven and boom problem solved

They are only skilled at operating machinery that requires no more than a d battery.
A

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 06:59:13 PM »
 ;D
They are only skilled at operating machinery that requires no more than a d battery.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 07:07:51 PM »

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 07:20:07 PM »

Mowing the lawn, yes....  But I know many women that tend to their gardens, plant stuff, pick fruits and veggies, work in the dirt and heat making sure Everything is good.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 07:22:23 PM »
Here in Toronto, city workers who maintain parks and public greenery often have women working with them.

Granted, it's always blonde hair, blue eyed chicks, never immigrants.

...one exception is Asian women, they tend to do a lot of work in the yard, they even do heavy hauling and snow shovelling too.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 07:38:31 PM »
Here in Toronto, city workers who maintain parks and public greenery often have women working with them.

Granted, it's always blonde hair, blue eyed chicks, never immigrants.

...one exception is Asian women, they tend to do a lot of work in the yard, they even do heavy hauling and snow shovelling too.

also Asian require very little sustenance to survive so it's really cost effective I'm sure ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 07:39:55 PM »
My mom loves mowing her only outside activity.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »

It's because most women don't have the mechanical aptitude, much less the common sense to operate a lawnmower.  HTH.   :D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »
In NH I've seen many women doing all kinds of yard work. My ex wife would not learn how to run the lawn tractor or operate the snowblower.  I tried to teach her both because I traveled a great deal.

The snowblower is a PIA but I will do it IF if need to (ie; he's out of town).  His (mine) BD gift this year was a power washer  ;D  I have clean SEEment.
:

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:14 PM »
The snowblower is a PIA but I will do it IF if need to (ie; he's out of town).  His (mine) BD gift this year was a power washer  ;D  I have clean SEEment.
What do you wash with it?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »
It's because most women don't have the mechanical aptitude, much less the common sense to operate a lawnmower.  HTH.   :D

WTF?  >:(  >:(
:

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 07:50:27 PM »
Hey princess if shizzo is dead why has his account not been deleted, kinda off topic I know but I was just wondering when his trolling would be ended

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 08:04:01 PM »
WTF?  >:(  >:(

Hey, the truth hurts sometimes, but it's the truth.  I said most, not all.   :D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:23 PM »
What do you wash with it?

ANYTHING!  ;D  Lot's of concrete.  Looking forward to doing the garage floor next week.  :-\

Not
  :(
:

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »
ANYTHING!  ;D  Lot's of concrete.  Looking forward to doing the garage floor next week.  :-\

Not
  :(
Now I got 21/2 baths what do you recommend cleaning with?  One is really nasty from a ex girlfriend.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 08:41:34 PM »
I would rather be in the kitchen.