Author Topic: How dumb are Texans Republicans?  (Read 1726 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
How dumb are Texans Republicans?
« on: July 12, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »
Well not counting that having Rick Perry as their leader, these dumbasses were so upset over their little abortion bill failing that they consoled themselves by passing a ban against male masturbation. 

Since they couldn't tell women what to do with their bodies, they now resort to trying to tell men.

::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: How dumb are Texans Republicans?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »
Lol. Clearly telling others what to do is how they masturbate.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »
Hellbent on protecting the unborn even at the source I suppose.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »
Every sperm is sacred.  You can't spill one drop.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:55:20 PM »
The utter lunacy of our elected officials never ceases to amaze me.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »
Every sperm is sacred.  You can't spill one drop.

ROFL

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 04:28:53 AM »
Well not counting that having Rick Perry as their leader, these dumbasses were so upset over their little abortion bill failing that they consoled themselves by passing a ban against male masturbation. 

Since they couldn't tell women what to do with their bodies, they now resort to trying to tell men.

I thought no way,this has to be a joke  :D :D :D :D

Texas legislature fails on abortion, passes masturbation bill

Politics June 26, 2013 Comments: 153

Texas legislators successfully pass pro-life bill.

Coming down to the final minute as Texas Lt. Governor David Dewhurst forced Sen. Wendy Davis to end her filibuster, the legislature was unable to pass a widely decried abortion bill. The legislature was able to accomplish another aspect of their pro-life agenda though, a ban on male masturbation.

One Texas lawmaker joyously announced after the passing of the measure, “this marks a milestone for the pro-life movement! We must protect the unborn any way we can; I’m very proud that my fellow legislators voted to protect life, even in its earliest stages!”The new measure will go into effect on January 1, 2014 which will make many forms of male masturbation illegal. Exceptions include sperm donations, which now must only be performed at a designated hospital facility.

New rules will also require men to sign an agreement when obtaining prescription erectile dysfunction medication which indicates they will not use the medicine for any purposes other than sexual intercourse with a woman.Amendments added to the bill also require a permit to obtain and possess male sexual toys which could be used to assist people in violating the new law.

Those found in violation of the new law could be sentenced up to two years in prison.Many legislators who voted in favor of the bill also voted in favor of a bill debated just prior to speed up executions in the state. Legislators were hopeful they would be able to have time to pass another bill which would have nullified Obamacare, the federal legislation in which many are decrying as government getting in between people and their doctor and making healthcare decisions for people.

By: George M. Spooner
George may be contacted via email at tribuneheraldnews@gmail.com

the stupid party lives on  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 06:04:08 AM »
Well what do you expect from a state that thinks July is The Texas Heterosexual Awareness Month?   Apparently, the closet Repubs there haven't seen a straight male in so long they forgot what they look like. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 09:59:57 AM »

WTF  ???

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »
Between this and Dems wanting to designate a national park on the moon, I can't help but the laugh at how pathetic our politicians are.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 10:59:55 AM »
I thought no way,this has to be a joke  :D :D :D :D

Texas legislature fails on abortion, passes masturbation bill

Politics June 26, 2013 Comments: 153

Coming down to the final minute as Texas Lt. Governor David Dewhurst forced Sen. Wendy Davis to end her filibuster, the legislature was unable to pass a widely decried abortion bill. The legislature was able to accomplish another aspect of their pro-life agenda though, a ban on male masturbation.

One Texas lawmaker joyously announced after the passing of the measure, “this marks a milestone for the pro-life movement! We must protect the unborn any way we can; I’m very proud that my fellow legislators voted to protect life, even in its earliest stages!”The new measure will go into effect on January 1, 2014 which will make many forms of male masturbation illegal. Exceptions include sperm donations, which now must only be performed at a designated hospital facility.

New rules will also require men to sign an agreement when obtaining prescription erectile dysfunction medication which indicates they will not use the medicine for any purposes other than sexual intercourse with a woman.Amendments added to the bill also require a permit to obtain and possess male sexual toys which could be used to assist people in violating the new law.

Those found in violation of the new law could be sentenced up to two years in prison.Many legislators who voted in favor of the bill also voted in favor of a bill debated just prior to speed up executions in the state. Legislators were hopeful they would be able to have time to pass another bill which would have nullified Obamacare, the federal legislation in which many are decrying as government getting in between people and their doctor and making healthcare decisions for people.

By: George M. Spooner
George may be contacted via email at tribuneheraldnews@gmail.com

the stupid party lives on  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

it is a joke

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 08:03:27 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/texas-senate-passes-abortion-restrictions-050032557.html

tell us all how this is a war on women...::)

it's not.  it's just a bill trying to make abortion centers actual surgical centers and not butcher shops.  but it would reduce the amount of abortions so it's "a war agaisnt women". 

"House Bill 2 would require doctors to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals, allow abortions only in surgical centers, limit where and when women may take abortion-inducing pills and ban abortions after 20 weeks."

i'm sorry but if you have a problem with this part of the bill you are a fucking idiot.

the reason that all those clinics will have to close is simply because they are not equipped to handle a lot of the life saving surgical procedures that may need to occur during an abortion. 

i thought the reason we wanted to legaluize abortion was to make these procedures safer?  why are they fighting for the right to own, operate, and patronize 2nd rate abortion clinics? 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 08:06:04 AM »
the problem is that most people who are protesting the bill have no idea whats in it.  all they see is a bill calling abortion doctors to task and they call it "a war against women".  so they blindly fight against it.  if anyone can explain why they have a problem with the specifics of the bill I'm all ears.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »
it's not.  it's just a bill trying to make abortion centers actual surgical centers and not butcher shops.  but it would reduce the amount of abortions so it's "a war agaisnt women". 

"House Bill 2 would require doctors to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals, allow abortions only in surgical centers, limit where and when women may take abortion-inducing pills and ban abortions after 20 weeks."

i'm sorry but if you have a problem with this part of the bill you are a fucking idiot.

the reason that all those clinics will have to close is simply because they are not equipped to handle a lot of the life saving surgical procedures that may need to occur during an abortion. 

i thought the reason we wanted to legaluize abortion was to make these procedures safer?  why are they fighting for the right to own, operate, and patronize 2nd rate abortion clinics? 

I can see how it might rankle some.  It's an example of the state getting involved in how a trained doctor performs their work.  Also, it takes a very private procedure usually performed at a small clinic and places it into the confines of a large hospital resulting in a lot more involvement.  There might be an element of shaming to this move as well as making the procedure a lot more complicated thus dissuading a woman from doing it. This is just an observation for the sake of argument.  Bear, you're a pretty fair minded guy and I know you won't take putting forth a counter argument personally.  By the way, haven't seen you post much lately. Where you been?
A

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 08:51:26 AM »
I can see how it might rankle some.  It's an example of the state getting involved in how a trained doctor performs their work.  Also, it takes a very private procedure usually performed at a small clinic and places it into the confines of a large hospital resulting in a lot more involvement.  There might be an element of shaming to this move as well as making the procedure a lot more complicated thus dissuading a woman from doing it. This is just an observation for the sake of argument.  Bear, you're a pretty fair minded guy and I know you won't take putting forth a counter argument personally.  By the way, haven't seen you post much lately. Where you been?

yeah haven't been on here much.  i'm usually in the office less in the summer.

and yeah i can see that side of the argument.  i guess if i was a woman i would rather take a little shame and know that i will live through the procedure if something goes wrong.  i guess i probably should hear a doctor's opinion on the safety of the majortity of abortion clinics before I make up my mind.

i guess the problem i have is that any action directed at making abortion clinics safer carries an inherent cost and realistically would result in less abortions.  so it seems as though abortion clinics will not get any safer than they already are as any attempt to make them safer is a "war against women".  my question is, "is there no need to make abortion clinics safer?  everyone is completely satisfied that the abortion clinics in this country are being run professionally?" and  "how could a bill that tries to make them safer NOT be viewed as a war against women?"  Do we just bury our head in the sand and just accept the fact that doctors like Gosnell are going to come and go as they please?  Do we really have to 100% rely on whistleblowers to stop doctors who run clinics like him?  or can we enlist some oversight?  i simply don't see that as a war against women.  quite the contrary.  i see it as helping these women.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »
yeah haven't been on here much.  i'm usually in the office less in the summer.

and yeah i can see that side of the argument.  i guess if i was a woman i would rather take a little shame and know that i will live through the procedure if something goes wrong.  i guess i probably should hear a doctor's opinion on the safety of the majortity of abortion clinics before I make up my mind.

i guess the problem i have is that any action directed at making abortion clinics safer carries an inherent cost and realistically would result in less abortions.  so it seems as though abortion clinics will not get any safer than they already are as any attempt to make them safer is a "war against women".  my question is, "is there no need to make abortion clinics safer?  everyone is completely satisfied that the abortion clinics in this country are being run professionally?" and  "how could a bill that tries to make them safer NOT be viewed as a war against women?"  Do we just bury our head in the sand and just accept the fact that doctors like Gosnell are going to come and go as they please?  Do we really have to 100% rely on whistleblowers to stop doctors who run clinics like him?  or can we enlist some oversight?  i simply don't see that as a war against women.  quite the contrary.  i see it as helping these women.

I haven't seen any outcry from women talking about needing safer facilities.  Nor do I see anybody pimping stats that show maternal deaths as being significant for women who undergo abortion.

If you've got those facts, I'll gladly listen.

But, IMO, this has little to do with safety and everything to do with control.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 04:13:26 PM »

I haven't seen any outcry from women talking about needing safer facilities.  Nor do I see anybody pimping stats that show maternal deaths as being significant for women who undergo abortion.

Holy Shit

I am in complete agreement with you on this

WTF ?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
Holy Shit

I am in complete agreement with you on this

WTF ?

You been chooming today?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 04:26:12 PM »

You been chooming today?

I assumed you were

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »

http://www.afterabortion.org/research/DeathsAssocWithAbortionJCHLP.pdf

basically it states that the scientific opinion that helped push the passage of roe v wade was faulty and that abortion actually is more dangerous than childbirth.  but no one cares because we are fighting harder to keep women's abortion a secret rather than fighting to make abortions safer.  and again,the good people (and yes i think they were good people with their heart in the right place) who fought to pass roe v wade would be disgusted at what this country is turning it into.  the whole reason we passed roe v wade was to make it safer for women.  now we ignore ways to make it safer so young girls can keep their abortion a secret.  this is not what those people were figting for.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:23 AM »
and you don't hear of any outcry because the liberal machine is telling these women that keeping their abortions a secret is more important than their safety.  "your safety is not important if it interferes with increasing the number of abortions"

i mean you liberals on here are all the big conspiracy theorists.  how are you not having a field day with this? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »
I havent really seen anything pushing more abortions... what possible reason could they have to want women to have abortions besides population control?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:24 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/texas-senate-passes-abortion-restrictions-050032557.html

tell us all how this is a war on women...::)

the part where the additions of in the case of rape and incest were denied is one part. It's there fucking body, fuck off telling people what to do with it.

Why place restrictions on when and where the abortion pill (double dose of birth control for all intensive purposes), should we do the same for diphenhydramine or how about one of the more lethal medications such as acetaminophen? There is no rational reason to do so, as danger to the female is far below that of these other OTC medications.

I like the idea of improving abortion centers and regulations around the surgery which is pretty simple as is.  The other stuff seems to have no bearing in rational thought.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »
I havent really seen anything pushing more abortions... what possible reason could they have to want women to have abortions besides population control?

its not that they "push more abortions".  its simply that implementing ANY oversight carries with it inherent cost and if the state places these rules and regulations on abortion clinics some abortion centers will have to close.  hence, a "war on women".

that idea is scary.