Author Topic: UFC 168 - Silva confirms rematch on December 28th  (Read 14487 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
UFC 168 - Silva confirms rematch on December 28th
« on: July 12, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »
http://www.graciemag.com/2013/07/anderson-silva-ill-fight-weidman-again-on-december-28/

Anderson Silva confirmed the date of the rematch with Chris Weidman.

The title bout will take place on December 28, as the main event of the UFC 168.

The Spider confirmed the date on an interview to Brazilian magazine, GQ.

He said: “After the defeat, I have to get ready to fight again. By the way, I confirm the remacth with Weidman for December 28″.

Silva also talked about what happened in the octagon last Saturday: “If i could go back, I would be more focused. I would chose a diferent path, but would keep the same tactics. I have a lot of confidence in my game, only it did not work this time. I had never been knocked out before and I realy didn’t like it”.

The former UFC middleweight champion refuted once again the possibility of throwing the fight: “It’s crazy talk! I trained four months for that fight. My team was in tears in the lockeroom. I would never throw a fight. Never!”

The UFC hasn’t confirmed the rematch between Weidman and Silva.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Re: Silva confirms rematch on December 28th
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
UFC president Dana White said he was in Los Angeles on Friday, meeting with ex-middleweight champion Anderson Silva about the possibility of a rematch with new champion Chris Weidman.
But White vehemently denied a report in GQ Brazil (Editor's note: Story is in Portuguese) in which Silva was quoted as saying the rematch was made for Dec. 28 at UFC 168 in Las Vegas. Right now, a women's bantamweight title fight between Ronda Rousey and archrival Miesha Tate headlines that card.  

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »
He will get knocked out again.

Absolutely, and I will love it just as much as the first time.  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 08:37:20 PM »
Yup..

I've been hearing that the rematch will occur at UFC 168 and will most likely take place in Brazil.

Ultimately, if Silva wants it to occur during UFC 168, it will happen that way. If Silva wants it to happen in Brazil, it will also go down that way. Dana knows this will bring in an unprecedented amount of money, both by seats filled and pay per view sales. In light of this, he won't say no to Anderson if he has particular demands, not to mention that Anderson's purse will most likely be higher anyway.

This is mostly from talks here and there between a few guys that are in the know, but it should be confirmed by White pretty soon.

"1"

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:40:30 PM »
Yup..

I've been hearing that the rematch will occur at UFC 168 and will most likely take place in Brazil.

Ultimately, if Silva wants it to occur during UFC 168, it will happen that way. If Silva wants it to happen in Brazil, it will also go down that way. Dana knows this will bring in an unprecedented amount of money, both by seats filled and pay per view sales. In light of this, he won't say no to Anderson if he has particular demands, not to mention that Anderson's purse will most likely be higher anyway.

This is mostly from talks here and there between a few guys that are in the know, but it should be confirmed by White pretty soon.

"1"

Who are you picking OMR?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:42:14 PM »
Anderson regains setting up a huge payday super fight with Jon Jones.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »
My 2 cents.

I feel Silva lost and was not himself for the fight, he was no longer motivated and hungry and lost it. So he could have won but beat himself.

Does this mean he will win this fight? NO, I think he will lose again but not because he won't be hungry because for this fight he will be hungrier then ever but because after winning for so long a lost destroyed him mentally like always and he will go in there full of emotions and will not be in control just like Fedor lost 3 in a row. Silva is done.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 09:29:25 PM »
My 2 cents.

I feel Silva lost and was not himself for the fight, he was no longer motivated and hungry and lost it. So he could have won but beat himself.

Does this mean he will win this fight? NO, I think he will lose again but not because he won't be hungry because for this fight he will be hungrier then ever but because after winning for so long a lost destroyed him mentally like always and he will go in there full of emotions and will not be in control just like Fedor lost 3 in a row. Silva is done.

Great post and theory.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 09:35:29 PM »
I believe Silva has been petrified of losing for quite a few fights, now - and has been acting like a dick, trying to mask the fact he's afraid to lose (remember that fight, recently where he basically just dodged the dude for most of the fight ::)).  I see through all this bullshit showmanship, I think the pressure of being known as "the best" has got to the guy.  I agree - he has also been bored, but I do think that he has been scared, too.  That post fight interview seemed like relief.  The dude did not want the title at that moment, that much is clear - too much pressure?

I think now that he's lost, the pressure is off - but I am wondering if he psychologically wants to regain what he seems to dislike, which is pressure, boredom or whatever other possible negative things are going on in his head regarding being the champ.

I'd toss a coin but if it stays standing and he wants it, it's his because Weidman doesn't hold a candle to him on his feet and struggled to knock him out when he was offering himself up for the taking.  If he wants it, he's obviously not going to act the fool.  

Either way, you'd be unwise to bet on Silva because he's just crazy enough not to feel the same rage that a normal guy would, after losing that way.

I also believe he would not beat Jon Jones and I interpret his boredom as something that is a result of knowing that (these superfights are retarded concepts).  JJ is the same sort of genetic freak for his class, but heavier - and a good wrestler, which I think Silva can be beaten by.  Weidman could definitely beat Silva on the floor.  JJ even more so.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »
Who are you picking OMR?

I'd still pick Silva. If Chris beats him a second time, then that settles it and will prove without any reasonable doubt that Weidman has bested Silva.

Fact of the matter is that Silva's striking game is still better than Weidman's striking. If it goes to the ground, Anderson can still play that game, as he is a black belt under Nogueira and was able to fend off Weidman's ground game.

I believe that if Silva comes in with a set game plan and cuts the clowning around (that he is used to), he can win the fight with ease.

What I also believe is that if Silva doesn't come focused and ready to go for the kill, he can lose yet again.

It all depends on the Silva that shows up for that fight. Either way, it will draw a huge payday for Dana White and the FertittasSilva and a nice chunk of change for Weidman.

"1"

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 10:14:21 PM »
Dana would be wise to stack Silva's pay in favour of big payday if he wins (rather than big base).  He needs some incentive to play ball.  He will massively diminish in value if he loses that fight because he's been pushing people's patience for a few years now.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 10:33:28 PM »
  I will go with Silva... again   

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 11:28:59 PM »
silva is going to KO weidman to prove a point that he got caught slipping

does anyone honestly believe weidman can defeat silva when silva is focused

and not playing around like roy jones

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 01:25:45 AM »

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 02:03:08 AM »
He shouldn't be given a fucking rematch after all that clowning he did in the first fight. Disrespectful to all concerned and he's only doing this next one for the payday. Of course Dana gives him what he wants because it's a huge money-spinner for him too but at the end of the day it's the principle. Then again "principle" doesn't mean shit when there's millions of dollars to be made.

Unfortunately I think he'll win the rematch (comfortably as well) but I'm not happy about it.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 05:34:47 AM »
Ridiculous that they do that few fights per year, they're gonna fight this winter???
In K1 kickboxing during a best-of-eight tournament the winner had to do three fights IN ONE EVENING!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 05:48:44 AM »
He will get knocked out again.

Silva won't be clowning around this time....he's going to Rope a Dope Weidman
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 06:42:57 AM »
Silva won't be clowning around this time....he's going to Rope a Dope Weidman
Ok I'll listen in.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 09:16:49 AM »
Unfortunately for Silva, Father Time is undefeated against all men.

Silva suffers his 2nd straight kayo.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »
Silva is gonna beat the shit out of him and people will see the first fight was a dive.

ukjeff

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »
Silva for the win, then its the final best of three showdown   ::) ::) ::)

Just follow the money guys.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:12 AM »
Silva for the win, then its the final best of three showdown   ::) ::) ::)

Just follow the money guys.

Exactly.

This sport is more of a business than anything else.

It's in Silva's best interest to take (win) the second match, for a super payday during the 3rd fight. Likewise, it even makes more financial sense for Weidman.

To milk this as long as possible is the best way to keep the money and fans rolling in.

Think of liddell vs couture, those 3 fights grossed a lot of money and had everyone hooked. Likewise, the Silva vs Sonnen matches brought in a large amount of money for White & the Fertittas.

If this goes the long haul (3 fights), it will be a huge payday for all involved.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »
$

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 12:46:35 PM »
Silva didnt display anything that can win in a remacth