Author Topic: What to Do If You confront a wild Bear (the one in the woods )!!!!  (Read 8435 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Discuss  !!

ROFLMFAWOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What to Do If You Spot a Bear !!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »
OK  I guess I was the only one laughing  at this chick ... 
So, If you were the bear    WYHI ??

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 11:41:24 AM »
Pet shop, I thought you of all people always got nude, ball-gagged and butt up when you spot a bear.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »
Pet shop, I thought you of all people always got nude, ball-gagged and butt up when you spot a bear.

Hahahaha
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 12:00:44 PM »
BEAR UPDATE: My brother-in-law and his sons are avid hikers and are attempting to walk the Pacific Crest Trail from Canada to Mexico  but only have four or five days to take the hike, so they are doing it in bits and pieces each year.

Last year they checked into the Ranger Station a bit north of Yosemite Valley before hiking off to the Mammouth region.

ANd one major requirement was to carry a bear-proof container which they provided so that hungry bears would not 'intrude' during the hike.

One of the sons had forgotten that there was still a small package of oatmeal in the bottom of his pack, so it was not inserted into the bear-proof container.

That first nite while all were sleeping ,,, he was using his pack as a headrest and was woken up by a strong tug on his 'pillow' ... only then to realize that a bear was running off with his entire pack.

So he woke everyone up and persued that bear in an attempt to get his pack back  which contained all the necessities to survive for the next few days.

About 500 yards or so they saw the bear rummaging through his pack (it was a relatively small bear .... I think they are called Brown Bears up there in the High Sierra) and realized that he had found that small pack of oatmeal and that was all he was interested in  .... so they waited until the bear took off and then retrieved that pack

They are all avid campers but until then, none of them realized how sensitive a b ear's "smeller' really is.

AND ...

When I was a kid I had a job in a restaurant in Yosemite Valley (Degnan's) and my first day's job consisted of emptying the garbage when the place closed down for the evening.

The garbage had to be thrown into a big bear proof Dempsy Dumpster in the back and I though it was kind of strange that the restaurant crew was showing an interest on my first night's job of "garbage dumping".

Most of them followed me to the dumpster while I proceeded to do the 'dumping' and as I was doing my dumping job, I felt somethiing like a warm wind around my neck ...... and I turned to find a huge bear (his  name was BRUNO) waiting for his evening meal.

I  dropped everything and ran and all the crew laughed and explained that this introduction to BRUNO was an initiation for all the newbees and I was now accepted as part of he Degnan crew.

But I was always leery about dumping that garbage and looked forward to a new kid getting hired.

ANd when that happened I became the doughnut chef, which was only a one day assignment  because my doughnuts would flatten out like a pancake once they went into the display case .... and the drunk baker finally returned and made them so they didn't get flat.

Sorry .... reminising.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »

Lol...

Bears and cubs always go for the 'man of steel'  first...
Just to see if you got 'balls of steels" as well

WooSHHHHHHHHHHH

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »
Sadly, the thread title did not deliver the pic I was expecting.  Something like Kaz, schmoe squatting some twink while Joe Weider was behind him "spotting" would have been what I have come accustomed to on Getbig.  Ironmeister, make that pic happen.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 12:30:47 PM »
That was more stupid than Dj's and shizzo's posts combined.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 12:31:27 PM »
would hit

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 12:35:41 PM »
I live in Canada. So yeah, they say make lots of noise. Jump up and down and try to make yourself look bigger. Do not throw anything as that will only anger the bear. The bear is more afraid of you... than you are of the bear.
X

the trainer

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 12:36:57 PM »
If he is over 250 pounds fat and hairy that means you just spot a bear, next step is to drop your pants and bend over.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 12:38:55 PM »
Always carry a shotgun.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 12:56:45 PM »
A bear would never catch me, as it would be too busy slipping in my shit.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:02:07 PM »
I live in Canada. So yeah, they say make lots of noise. Jump up and down and try to make yourself look bigger. Do not throw anything as that will only anger the bear. The bear is more afraid of you... than you are of the bear.

I have an Uncle that lives in Kimberley, BC, that worked in the mining industry.   He told us a story about a couple of his co-workers confronting a bear while on a hunting trip.   Neither of them had time to react, as the Grizzly came from behind a bush.   One of his co-workers was mauled to death, the other tried to shoot the bear, but in his panic, his rifle jammed.  He ended up dropping his rifle and climbing up a tree, and pretty much watched helplessly from the tree as his friend was mauled.  

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 01:04:47 PM »
I have an Uncle that lives in Kimberley, BC, that worked in the mining industry.   He told us a story about a couple of his co-workers confronting a bear while on a hunting trip.   Neither of them had time to react, as the Grizzly came from behind a bush.   One of his co-workers was mauled to death, the other tried to shoot the bear, but in his panic, his rifle jammed.  He ended up dropping his rifle and climbing up a tree, and pretty much watch from the tree as his friend was mauled.   
awful! you can get a lucky punch in if you hit the bear in the nose. People have lived because a good shot to the nose has the bear running. I also heard of people poking out the bear's eyes and living to tell the tale.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 01:11:56 PM »
I didn't think that bears were that good enough on Bench Press to get a spot...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 01:15:46 PM »
I came out of a clearing about a hundred feet from a black bear.  My heart jumped.  I backed away slowly.  Bear didnt even look at me.  Now when I hike I carry mace and a little radio.
A

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »
I didn't think that bears were that good enough on Bench Press to get a spot...

Lol....yeah, "Bear" and "spot"  can only mean one thing for the 24/7 Getbigger.....  I just changed the thread tittle  ........

WoooSSHHHHHHHHH

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »
Lol....yeah, "Bear" and "spot"  can only mean one thing for the 24/7 Getbigger.....  I just changed the thread tittle  ........

WoooSSHHHHHHHHH

Sadly, by doing that, you just killed all future traffic to your thread.  ;D

K1RB

• Getbig III
Re: What to Do If You confront a wild Bear (the one in the woods )!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »
Most people from RI are very stupid...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »
The link has the video clip

So, a bear walks into a bar ... yes, we realize that's not how the joke goes. This is a true story.

It happened at a pub near Colorado's Rocky Mountain National Park when the grizzly buddy decided what he needed at the end of a long workday was a quick trip to the local watering hole.

"I tried to holler 'bear' so people could hear me. They were oblivious. He kept wandering up to the bar where all the people were," recalled one witness.

The bear left a few minutes later. No one was hurt. We're betting that all the folks in that bar will be telling that story for years to come.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/07/25/bear-actually-walks-colorado-bar

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 12:34:35 AM »
BEAR UPDATE: My brother-in-law and his sons are avid hikers and are attempting to walk the Pacific Crest Trail from Canada to Mexico  but only have four or five days to take the hike, so they are doing it in bits and pieces each year.

Wait a minute.  That's like getting a helicopter to drop you off at where you stopped last year and then telling everyone you climbed Everest.  

Tell them Tapeworm on Getbig said it doesn't count if you do it like that!

;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 10:48:56 AM »
Hit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 10:56:05 AM »
We had a bear headbutt our car once in Naples, FL, maybe 3 years back.   Slowed down to 5mph to avoid hitting it... it straight headbutt drivers door, caused about 1000$ in damage.  Crazy.

ran away like nothing happened.   teenage black bear, I think.   those animals are totally badass.