Author Topic: Black Metal pioneer arrested in France for terrorist activity...  (Read 1562 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
The infamous Varg Vikernes (Mayhem, Burzum, DarkThrone) who did "life" in jail for murdering a band mate, is now locked up in France for terrorism...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/16/19503433-breivik-linked-neo-nazi-metal-musician-arrested-in-france-over-terrorist-act-fears#comments

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
Re: Black Metal pioneer arrested in France for terrorist activity...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
PARIS -- A neo-Nazi linked to Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik was arrested in southwestern France on Tuesday after investigators decided he might stage a large "terrorist act", Interior Minister Manuel Valls said.

Kristian Vikernes, a convicted murderer from Norway, had in the past received a copy of a manifesto from Breivik, the far-right militant who killed 77 people in 2011.

Vikernes, 40, a well-known black metal musician in Norway, was arrested with his French wife Marie Chachet after she recently bought four rifles, Valls said in a statement.

"Having received the manifesto before (Breivik) committed his crimes and having been sentenced in Norway in the past for murder, this individual, who was close to a neo-Nazi movement, was likely to prepare a large terrorist act," Valls said.

Officers were searching his home in Correze for weapons and explosives, a police source told Reuters.

Breivik killed 77 people in a bombing in central Oslo and a shooting spree on a nearby island in July 2011. He was imprisoned last year for a maximum term of 21 years.

Breivik sent a copy of his manifesto setting out his ideology to Vikernes, an official at the Paris prosecutor's office said.

Breivik's 1,500-page manifesto outlined his planned crusade against Muslims, who he said were taking over Europe and could only be defeated through a violent civil war.

Cachet, 25, had a legal firearms permit when she bought the four rifles, the official said.

"The investigation will notably establish the conditions in which these (rifles) were acquired and their real objective," Valls said.

'Saving Europe'
On his website, Vikernes discusses Breivik's manifesto, but in a post called "War in Europe: Part V - Breivik Unveiled" he also criticizes the murderer for killing more innocent Norwegians than Muslims.

Vikernes describes himself as a "pagan" and accuses Breivik of being a Zionist agent and "Christian loser".

Heiko Junge / Pool via Reuters file

Anders Behring Breivik clenches his fist as he arrives at the courtroom for the first day of his trial in Oslo in this April 16, 2012 file photograph.

"If you, dear European nationalists, really want to save Europe (as a biological term) you have to realize that the only thing to do is to cast aside all Christian other international nonsense and embrace only the European (i.e. Pagan) values and ideals and if you like the European deities as well," said the posting, dated December 13.

"If you work for Christianity in any way you work for the Jews. Plain and simple."

Vikernes, a black metal musician and writer known as Varg, was convicted in 1994 of stabbing a rival musician to death in Oslo and burning down several churches.

He was released from jail in 2009 and moved to France with his wife and three children.

The mayor of Salon La Tour, where Vikernes and his wife lived, said he had been surprised by the arrest.

"I didn't notice anything strange (about Vikernes) other than that he liked to wear military costumes and liked Gothic music," Jean-Claude Chauffour told BFM TV.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 01:50:05 PM »
He wouldn't have been arrested if it was white metal
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 01:56:27 PM »
guy must like it in jail where he can focus on writing music  ???

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 02:03:28 PM »
Interestingly enough in USA he would have walked. Not only for this supposed crime of buying four rifles, but also for his first crime of killing in "self defense".

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »
I saw that guy in a Netflix documentary, forgot what it was called.

How many politicians could there be in Norway?  If Breivik did kill 77 future leftist leaders, that seems like a big deal as far as future politics in Norway?

???

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
guy must like it in jail where i can focus on writing music  ???

Why do you focus on writing music in jail though? Are you inspired by Varg?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 02:13:11 PM »
I've seen the documentary. Im afraid this may be the new norm.  It's called blowback.
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 02:17:42 PM »
Why do you focus on writing music in jail though? Are you inspired by Varg?

..I'm not in jail writing music, and I don't plan to either, so no.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 02:21:33 PM »

..I'm not in jail writing music, and I don't plan to either, so no.

then why do you say "in jail where i can focus on writing music"?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 05:57:23 PM »
He was also in "Until The Light Takes Us" , which is a decent watch.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 06:00:04 PM »
Too late, this was already posted on stormfront.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 06:18:31 AM »
So did they have any concrete proof that he was actually gonna do something, or did they just haul him in on reputation?

Either way, he's a loser.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 12:56:42 PM »
He was also in "Until The Light Takes Us" , which is a decent watch.

Yeah, that's the one I saw on Netflix.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »
BURZUM mastermind Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh) and his 25-year-old French wife, Marie Cachet, have been released from custody — just two days after they were arrested on suspicion of planning a "massacre." French prosecutors confirmed to NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation) that Vikernes was freed at 7:00 p.m. Thursday night. The couple were picked up Tuesday morning on their farm near the town of Salon-la-Tour, a commune in the Corrèze department in central France.

French police can hold suspects in terrorism cases for up to 96 hours before bringing preliminary charges.

Vikerenes, 40, who has been living in France for the past three years, and his wife were arrested as a preventive measure after Vikernes posted aggressive racist, xenophobic and anti-Semitic comments on Internet forums. The couple's home was searched and five guns were found, including four rifles legally purchased by Varg's wife as a member of a rifle club.

"Vikernes did not plan terror attacks," his French lawyer, Julien Freyssinet, told Aftenposten, according to the French news bureau AFP. "The weapons are purchased for the couple's leisure activities and life philosophy. Vikernes only wants to live peacefully with his family."

He added that weapons seized by officers at the couple's home had been acquired "completely legally and without hiding a thing, as part of a philosophy followed by the couple — that of survivalism."

According to the AFP, Vikernes had been under police surveillance for many years, but it was only when his wife acquired weapons that police started a formal investigation.

In 2011, Vikernes called for the French to vote for the National Front (FN), writing on his official web site that doing so would be the only way to avoid the scourge of mass immigration.

In the open letter, entitled "Dear France," he said: "Your parents may induce you into a vote other than for the FN, but do not listen. They are responsible for the plight of today’s France, because they were too ignorant and too loose, or too brainwashed, to do as they should. They have already proved to the world that they have failed and betrayed France."

Varg was convicted in 1994 and sentenced to Norway's longest prison term of 21 years for the August 1993 murder of MAYHEM guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) and for burning down three churches, including the original Holmenkollen Chapel next to the Holmenkollen Ski Jump in Oslo. He was released from prison in 2009 after serving 16 years of that sentence.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=192664