Author Topic: Yahoo is already setting up For the NEW TRAYVON ZIMMERMAN case  (Read 5689 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/news/spooner-darius-simmons-shooting-trial-170359879.html

76-year-old man to stand trial in shooting death of 13-year-old boy

In a case that bears some striking similarities to George Zimmerman's, a 76-year-old Milwaukee man is set to stand trial this week in the 2012 shooting death a 13-year-old boy he had accused of stealing from him.

Police say John Henry Spooner confronted Darius Simmons, who lived next door with his mother, as the teen took out the trash. Spooner, who is white, had suspected that Simmons, who was black, stole $3,000 worth of shotguns from him, and demanded that the sixth-grader return them. Simmons denied stealing the guns, and his mother, Patricia Larry, told Spooner to go back inside.

Instead, prosecutors say, Spooner pulled out a handgun and shot the 13-year-old in the chest from near-point blank range.

"When police arrived, Spooner was still on the sidewalk, holding the gun," according to the criminal complaint. "When told to drop the weapon, he placed it on the ground and told police, 'Yeah, I shot him.'"

An autopsy showed that Simmons, who was unarmed, suffered a gunshot wound to his torso, according to the Associated Press. Spooner was charged with first degree murder. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett condemned the killing. "To have a boy who's taking out the garbage at 10:30 in the morning murdered should shock the conscience of the state," Barrett said at the time.

Just hours before the shooting, Spooner told a local politician he was frustrated police had not arrested the boy in the alleged burglary, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and hinted he might take the law into his own hands.

"There are other ways to deal with situations," Alderman Bob Donovan recalled Spooner saying.

Spooner's apparent reference to vigilantism drew comparisons to Zimmerman's killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin after the former neighborhood watchman followed him through a Sanford, Fla., housing complex. Zimmerman was acquitted of all charges on Saturday.

Last year, the Rev. Jesse Jackson's Rainbow PUSH Coalition called for Spooner to be charged with a federal hate crime. On Monday, an attorney representing Simmons' family said there's a clear "issue of profiling" and a "race component" to the case. But Spooner has denied race was a factor in the shooting.

The trial was supposed to begin in January but was delayed due to concerns about Spooner's health.

His defense attorney, Franklyn Gimbel, said Spooner has been suffering from pneumonia.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Yahoo is already setting up For the NEW TRAYVON ZIMMERMAN case
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
Black and White thinking, or Shades of Grey?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 03:58:45 PM »
that white guy was just acting out the hand of god
A

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »
Slight difference in the fact this white dude outright murdered this kid, not much of a hazy middle ground in this one.

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 04:02:54 PM »
Did he take the mans property?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
The Golden years are sacred , will be in an old home like Junior Soprano

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 04:06:03 PM »
The race baiting is getting kicked into high gear now.  How much more blatant does it have to be?  Even the uneducated, dumbed-down masses should be able to see it clearly now.

TPTB want everyone at each others throats so they can continue to rape rob and pillage this nation and the American people.  The number one way they do this is to divide and conquer through race, religion, sex and social class.

This is ALL you need to know.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
Sequels are never as good as the original.
A

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
Sequels are never as good as the original.

;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »
Seems clear cut.  Old fucker shot the kid for no legitimate reason give him a medal jail time.  There is nothing ambiguous or unclear about it.  Fucker needs to go to jail.
A

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 04:13:39 PM »
throw the book at him
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »
prosecutors can't prove he didn't fear for his life.

"I'm old - I knew a single blow from this kid I had witnessed using karate moves in his yard, would kill me.  See,, I have a weak heart and I"m on 15 different blood pressure medications.  Of course the mother is going to lie and say that the kid was taking out the trash."

Additionally, if he served in the Army in 1967, he can now claim he was serving to protect our country in a reserve capacity and that he knew that trash bag could have been filled with shotguns - He just wanted to keep that hard safe.

Of course I'm just taking the alternate angle of what everyone else says here - but hey, you can't prove anything here.  Mom will lie and the kid is dead, nobody can say otherwise.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 04:21:22 PM »
throw the book at him
That would probably kill him too.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 04:21:40 PM »
prosecutors can't prove he didn't fear for his life.

"I'm old - I knew a single blow from this kid I had witnessed using karate moves in his yard, would kill me.  See,, I have a weak heart and I"m on 15 different blood pressure medications.  Of course the mother is going to lie and say that the kid was taking out the trash."

Additionally, if he served in the Army in 1967, he can now claim he was serving to protect our country in a reserve capacity and that he knew that trash bag could have been filled with shotguns - He just wanted to keep that hard safe.

Of course I'm just taking the alternate angle of what everyone else says here - but hey, you can't prove anything here.  Mom will lie and the kid is dead, nobody can say otherwise.

I knew you would come along and honor us with the fruits of your very vivid imagination.
A

the trainer

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »
The other day I say this 14 year old black girl she was about 5ft 2 and about 90 pounds, and she was screaming at me and she had a heavy bag with metal on it that could be used as a weapon so i feared for my life and i hit her in the head then slam her on the pavement, i was just trying to protect myself.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »
The other day I say this 14 year old black girl she was about 5ft 2 and about 90 pounds, and she was screaming at me and she had a heavy bag with metal on it that could be used as a weapon so i feared for my life and i hit her in the head then slam her on the pavement, i was just trying to protect myself.

Uberman is that you?
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 04:29:04 PM »
The trial was supposed to begin in January but was delayed due to concerns about Spooner's health.

that is a very good point - you never know when the person you are goading is at the end of their rope.  

Suppose this old man has cancer or other ailment... he walks around just looking to take out the first person he thinks is

Makes you think twice about messing with sick or elderly people.  Most people think they have 60 or 70 years left.  Imagine the crazy mindset knowing you have months left, or losing everyone you know and just not caring anymore.  

I wonder if the kid used disrespectful words when denying the charges?  Completely legal in the eyes of the law to call the old man names and mock him, but in reality, he might just not care.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 04:29:59 PM »
she should have shot you.
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »
If a black old man shoots a kid... everyone would be screaming how horrible and racist it is to lock up this poor old black man... and to cut him lose. I am saying to put the white old man in jail. yet if it was reversed, everyone would be in favor of cutting the black man lose.
X

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 04:36:07 PM »
If a black old man shoots a kid... everyone would be screaming how horrible and racist it is to lock up this poor old black man... and to cut him lose. I am saying to put the white old man in jail. yet if it was reversed, everyone would be in favor of cutting the black man lose.

You're a gimmick.  Now I get it.  I had my suspicions.  You're going to say increasingly absurd things to see if we agree with you.
A

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 06:33:55 PM »
Totslly different circumstances. Its stories like this that make it hard for Americans to move past racial tensions... You sir are part of the problem. The white guy is guilty in this case...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 06:39:29 PM »
Totslly different circumstances. Its stories like this that make it hard for Americans to move past racial tensions... You sir are part of the problem. The white guy is guilty in this case...

I'd have to say that of course I haven't heard the evidence either way, but the case isn't nearly as complex as the State vs. George Zimmerman case was.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »
Old man feared for his life.  We don't know what the kid said - maybe he threatened him?   Old man was in sickly health...

My wife and I argued about this tonight lol... she backs zimmerman "he was so scared, he had to shoot" and I'm like "Yes, he should stayed in his f**king truck like responsible gun carriers do, not run into unknown combat situation.

Now, I'm applying the same logic "You can't PROVE the old man didn't fear for his life, of course the mom is going to tell that story" - and suddenly I'm not getting laid tonight.

WTF.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 06:43:46 PM »
Old man feared for his life.  We don't know what the kid said - maybe he threatened him?   Old man was in sickly health...

My wife and I argued about this tonight lol... she backs zimmerman "he was so scared, he had to shoot" and I'm like "Yes, he should stayed in his f**king truck like responsible gun carriers do, not run into unknown combat situation.

Now, I'm applying the same logic "You can't PROVE the old man didn't fear for his life, of course the mom is going to tell that story" - and suddenly I'm not getting laid tonight.

WTF.

I hope you are never on a jury.
A