Author Topic: Hemlock Grove  (Read 4454 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Hemlock Grove
« on: July 16, 2013, 08:20:21 PM »

Anybody watch this insanity created by Eli Roth on Netflix?

Just finished the entire season - wtf did I just watch!!!??!?!

Looking forward to season two!   ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Hemlock Grove
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:21:04 PM »
I saw it listed and wondered what it was.
A

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:24:02 PM »
I saw it listed and wondered what it was.

Its definitely on the slower side...

But sooooooooo fucking twisted!

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:27:31 PM »
Does anyone still have regular cable nowadays? I am thinking of terminating mine. I pay about $150.00 a month for various paks and on demand HD. I would be happy to save the money and just watch everything online. My devices can all be hooked up easy to my tv and all have HD as well. Cable sucks now I think. As soon as I see all the new shows: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Hell on Wheels, Board Walk Empire... I'm cancelling the cable. Oh yeah, and don't forget Home Land. Already saw Mad Men :)
X

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
I watched the whole season.  It was decent kind of cheap though.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »
Does anyone still have regular cable nowadays? I am thinking of terminating mine. I pay about $150.00 a month for various paks and on demand HD. I would be happy to save the money and just watch everything online. My devices can all be hooked up easy to my tv and all have HD as well. Cable sucks now I think. As soon as I see all the new shows: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Hell on Wheels, Board Walk Empire... I'm cancelling the cable. Oh yeah, and don't forget Home Land. Already saw Mad Men :)

I have regular cable... :-D  Whole -home DVR, ON Demand, HBO, Cinemax, Starz Showtime!  Doubt I'll cancel though!

But also have a connected home theater system with Netflix and other online apps

And I have a dedicated home theater PC for running PLEX, and other online streaming features!

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 09:10:33 PM »
I have regular cable... :-D  Whole -home DVR, ON Demand, HBO, Cinemax, Starz Showtime!  Doubt I'll cancel though!

But also have a connected home theater system with Netflix and other online apps

And I have a dedicated home theater PC for running PLEX, and other online streaming features!

Big Ach,

Have you bought any games from the Steam Summer sale?

all drugs - TPPIIP

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
Big Ach,

Have you bought any games from the Steam Summer sale?

Nope....

I got a new PC (and actually kept it this time) for an amazing price, with some decent specs...

3.4 Ghz Core i7-3770
AMD Radeon HD 7570
10 GB Ram

I thought about upgrading the graphics card and the power supply and really turning it into a gaming workhorse - but I think I'm just gonna stick to Xbox for gaming from now on!  :D

What about you?

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 06:17:36 AM »
Nope....

I got a new PC (and actually kept it this time) for an amazing price, with some decent specs...

3.4 Ghz Core i7-3770
AMD Radeon HD 7570
10 GB Ram

I thought about upgrading the graphics card and the power supply and really turning it a gaming workhorse - but I think I'm just gonna stick to Xbox for gaming from now on!  :D

What about you?

Total War: Shogun 2
Sins of Solar Empire Trinity
Sins of Solar Empire Rebellion
The Witcher 2

Looking forward to playing some SINS Rebellion at my buddys house in a few weeks.

all drugs - TPPIIP

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »
Anybody watch this insanity created by Eli Roth on Netflix?

Just finished the entire season - wtf did I just watch!!!??!?!

Looking forward to season two!   ;D

Was a somewhat interesting series "Stupid ass birds!" but saw it mostly for Famke.

Interesting take on Werewolf Transformation

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 07:10:45 AM »

Dump Plex and run XBMC, it's the best Media Centre out there.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 07:55:06 AM »
It would of been better if Skarsgård had fucked Famke after doing the deed...

PS. Interesting show though.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 08:22:27 AM »
Dump Plex and run XBMC, it's the best Media Centre out there.

ughhhhhh Not using XBMC for a number of reasons....

For starters I just find PLEX much more user friendly and I much prefer the interface on it - its just so clean and organized....  But even if I'm willing to look past that....  The XBMC team have made it very clear that its meant to run as a front end software.  Meaning I need to have it running on the device if I want to access it remotely from another device,

I have my main desktop acting as a server (running PLEX in the background) and then I access it from various PLEX clients like my Home Theater PC, my tablet, and cell phone (remotely), or even from the web app.  PLEX is freaking awesome!

I IMAGINE one could probably do more with XBMC (feature wise) but PLEX has met all my needs.

It would of been better if Skarsgård had fucked Famke after doing the deed...

PS. Interesting show though.

I'm surprised IGN gave the show 5.5 / 10 - I very much enjoyed it, and I rather liked Skarsgard's performance!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 08:23:17 AM »
Total War: Shogun 2
Sins of Solar Empire Trinity
Sins of Solar Empire Rebellion
The Witcher 2

Looking forward to playing some SINS Rebellion at my buddys house in a few weeks.

You are a a true PC gamer - through and through!  :D

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 08:39:50 AM »

I'm surprised IGN gave the show 5.5 / 10 - I very much enjoyed it, and I rather liked Skarsgard's performance!

Yeah same here, simply good, interesting and entertaining show for people who don't take everything so seriously. Even the creepy sis was a great character and would make for a legit WYHI thread.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »
Yeah same here, simply good, interesting and entertaining show for people who don't take everything so seriously. Even the creepy sis was a great character and would make for a legit WYHI thread.

WYHI? :D

Without Make-Up

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 09:31:25 AM »
WYHI? :D

I'm on test + proviron (low dosages) but yeah i would, might even do the monster version.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »

ok cool. thanks. Yeah, I have a minimilists mind or way of thinking. Some times I think... I can do everything on my phone so why bother with all these services.
X

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 11:01:04 PM »
Dled it last night but couldn't get into it.. Like a lamer American horror story. Does it get any better after the second ep?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 01:03:38 AM »
Dled it last night but couldn't get into it.. Like a lamer American horror story. Does it get any better after the second ep?

It really does.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »

It gets better actually!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 10:13:12 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/04/netflix-original-series-hemlock-grove-releases-season-2-premiere-date-teaser/

Netflix Original Series HEMLOCK GROVE Releases Season 2 Premiere Date, Teaser

Netflix has announced the premiere date for Season 2 of its Emmy nominated genre show Hemlock Grove, and it’s Friday, July 11. Based on Brian McGreevy’s novel, Hemlock Grove is the story of the unlikely friendship between the founding family’s young heir, Roman Godfrey (Bill Skarsgård), and gypsy newcomer and outsider, Peter Rumancek (Landon Liboiron).

Season 2 continues with the town coming to grips with the shocking massacre incurred by one of its deadliest creatures. Roman and Peter are now faced with new responsibilities and the realities that come with adulthood. Roman’s relationship with his mother (Famke Janssen) is all but dead as he struggles with his unwanted Upir (read: vampire) birthright and the disappearance of his sister, Shelley (Madeleine Martin).

“I cannot wait for fans to see what’s in store for season two – it is going to blow away all expectations,” said Executive Producer Eli Roth. “Netflix has been an incredible partner, and whenever we wanted to take the story in a dangerous direction, they encouraged us to go even further – into a scarier, darker, and sexier place. We guarantee you won’t see anything like this anywhere else on television.”

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 07:16:52 AM »
ACH, you need to watch Black Mirror.  It is a british series, two seasons with only 3 episodes, but very twisted.