Author Topic: "When Gov. Romney said we should just let Detroit go bankrupt, we said.."  (Read 1521 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
"When Gov. Romney said we should just let Detroit go bankrupt, we said thanks but no thanks." - Obama

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Romney later explained he never said what was on that video of him saying that.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Rob, seriously dude. Stop knee padding for thisguy. He is, out of all seriousness,.a fraud in every sense of the word. He was never and still is, not qualified for this job. I'm not even kidding here. This guys pathetic. I really don't know what he is qualified for.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Someone explain something to me please...  Had we let the auto manufactures fail, how long would it have taken for Ford, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, and BMW to fill the void, and reemploy the people who lost their jobs?

???

Does it have anything to do with the Unions, and Honda/Toyota/VW/BMW being non union?

???

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
That's alright. Those decent middle-class auto industry union jobs have been replaced by non-union, low wage, jobs at Walmart selling Chinese manufactured goods.

Meanwhile, the nation's 6th largest banks reported $23 billion in profits in the 2nd quarter of this year.

The Demuplicans have been great for the 1 percent. Not so good for everyone else.

And when you work at Wal-Mart you just so happen to make a wage that allows you the luxury of only shopping at....Wal-Mart.

The funny thing about the bank profits is that, take Bank of America for example, if Mark to Market wasn't suspended (forever) BofA and most of the banks would actually have taken losses. More smoke and mirrors, even the banks have artificial growth. Fraud at the national level and supported by the Federal Government and the Federal Reserve.

I wish I could value my assets at their highest levels in history and not have to worry about market forces.

bears

• Getbig IV
Someone explain something to me please...  Had we let the auto manufactures fail, how long would it have taken for Ford, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, and BMW to fill the void, and reemploy the people who lost their jobs?

???

Does it have anything to do with the Unions, and Honda/Toyota/VW/BMW being non union?

???

no.  it's because republicans hate people and don't want them to have jobs and democrats love people and want them to have jobs.  it's true.  i saw it on the MSNBC.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
"When Gov. Romney said we should just let Detroit go bankrupt, we said thanks but no thanks." - Obama

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Romney was referring to the major US auto manufacturers and not the city of Detroit

BK may be the best thing for the city but that's not what Romney was talking about and letting the automakers go bust would have been a disaster for everyone except a small few (like Romney) who make money when companies go bankrupt

here's the article just in case anyone hasn't actually read it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html