Author Topic: 2013 Comic Con - Batman/Superman teamup movie coming in 2015!!  (Read 16700 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
 :o :o :o

NERDGASM!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/07/20/batman-superman-movie-comic-con/2571665/

SAN DIEGO --Start your drooling, fanboys and fangirls, and get ready for lots of Batarangs and heat vision. Batman and Superman will soon be teaming up on a big screen near you.

At a Warner Bros. panel at Comic-Con Saturday, the studio announced that Henry Cavill, the star of this summer's Man of Steel, will reprise the role of Superman in a sequel that will also feature Batman.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will act in the same capacity for the follow-up, expected in 2015.

No casting for Batman was mentioned but Snyder teased that the Gotham City hero's relationship with Superman in Frank Miller's seminal 1980s comic The Dark Knight Returns will inform aspects of Man of Steel 2.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Re: Batman/Superman teamup movie coming in 2015!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 09:16:34 PM »
:o :o :o

NERDGASM!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/07/20/batman-superman-movie-comic-con/2571665/

SAN DIEGO --Start your drooling, fanboys and fangirls, and get ready for lots of Batarangs and heat vision. Batman and Superman will soon be teaming up on a big screen near you.

At a Warner Bros. panel at Comic-Con Saturday, the studio announced that Henry Cavill, the star of this summer's Man of Steel, will reprise the role of Superman in a sequel that will also feature Batman.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will act in the same capacity for the follow-up, expected in 2015.

No casting for Batman was mentioned but Snyder teased that the Gotham City hero's relationship with Superman in Frank Miller's seminal 1980s comic The Dark Knight Returns will inform aspects of Man of Steel 2.

Wigg my friend, as a serious Bible soldier how can U believe in cartoon CREATIONS  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
Wigg my friend, as a serious Bible soldier how can U believe in cartoon CREATIONS  ;D

lol

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »
I wish they got Bale to wear the cape again it would be weird without him

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »
I wish they got Bale to wear the cape again it would be weird without him

I read an article early this week and in an interview with Bale, he said he was done, time to pass it to someone else.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 09:21:58 PM »
i dont get this concept.  Superman is turning around Earth and blowing shit up - he's an actual super power.

batman is a crazy sad guy with an agenda that uses technology and wit to stop bad guys.

COMPLETELY different.  I mean, batman will be a shitty sidekick, trying to drive thru traffic in batmobile while superman can fly 1000 mph.  Makes no sense to me.  Spiderman and batman... that that'd be awesome.  OR Superman fighting a planet of zombie, that'd be totally badass.  But this movie sounds weird.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 09:27:29 PM »
Despite my love for Superman (no homo), Batman will always be the cooler hero. Without his fluke powers, Superman is generally a wimp dude.  

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 09:28:43 PM »
i dont get this concept.  Superman is turning around Earth and blowing shit up - he's an actual super power.

batman is a crazy sad guy with an agenda that uses technology and wit to stop bad guys.

COMPLETELY different.  I mean, batman will be a shitty sidekick, trying to drive thru traffic in batmobile while superman can fly 1000 mph.  Makes no sense to me.  Spiderman and batman... that that'd be awesome.  OR Superman fighting a planet of zombie, that'd be totally badass.  But this movie sounds weird.

The way they portray Batman in the movies vs. the comics and cartoons is very different. In the comics, he a much more brilliant detective and strategist and that's more focused on.  The movies are about the bad guys and gadgets. While the movies are good, you'd have to get really deep in the plot to really show the Brilliance of Batman and in the end, it's probably not worth the money so they stick to the bad guys as gadgets.

It'll be interesting to see how they portray him in Superman because you'll really have to up his gadgets and brilliance to be competitive with Superman. It can be done, it just needs to be focused on.  I can't wait.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 09:31:02 PM »

X2

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »

You just mad they aint no black people nugga

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 07:07:15 AM »
bump

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 07:19:23 AM »

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 07:24:02 AM »
Despite my love for Superman (no homo), Batman will always be the cooler hero. Without his fluke powers, Superman is generally a wimp dude.  

Bruce Wayne is human and everything he does is thru sweat and blood.....he's the only human in the justice league.... ;D...as for superman, well, if you take away his powers for one day, he's just the regular Joe next door who has no skills to implement as Bruce Wayne would.....if batman had powers as Kal-El, he'd be a true kick ass superHero

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 07:25:18 AM »
In the comics, isn't Batman a bit more ripped and also taller than Kal-El?

Supes is big but less defined.

Would they not need a bigger dude/actor as Batman (to compare with Henry Cavill) than Michael Keaton this time?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »
I hope they incorporate the Bale batman. I'm sure with a large enough sum of money Bale will return.
A

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 07:31:06 AM »
I hope they incorporate the Bale batman. I'm sure with a large enough sum of money Bale will return.

Bale would definitely be the right choice, but I won't be surprise if they incorporate a new face to play Bruce Wayne.....

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 07:32:09 AM »

They wont. Hes done.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »
They wont. Hes done.

If that's true, all we can hope for is that they don't hire a whiny emo twink as batman trying to appeal to the kiddies.
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 07:50:30 AM »
If that's true, all we can hope for is that they don't hire a whiny emo twink as batman trying to appeal to the kiddies.

This should put an end to all that talk.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/07/christian-bale-no-really-im-done-with-batman/

Christian Bale has to feel like he's a broken record these days.

When The Dark Knight Rises came out, the questions of whether or not he was truly done became an interview mainstay. When he said that he was done unless Christopher Nolan was interested in a fourth movie (which he's stated he is not), people took that as a wink and a nod kind of response.

Now that Man of Steel has found success at the box office and has set in motion the plans for a DC Comics cinematic universe, talks of Bale reprising his role as the Caped Crusader in the Justice League movie have begun again.

Thankfully, while talking to Entertainment Weekly for his new film, Out of the Furnace, Bale is giving his final word on the subject:

"We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That's enough, let's not get greedy. Chris [Nolan] always said he wanted to make it one film at a time."

"And we ended up sitting there, looking at each other, saying 'We're about to make the third.' We never really knew if we were going to get there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well."

As a matter of fact, as far as Bale is saying, he knows just as much about the Justice League movie as the rest of us which is nothing much beyond "this looks like it could happen."

Perhaps this will finally stop the speculation, but we all know that until we see someone else wearing that familiar cowl, his name will still come up.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 09:42:57 AM »

I echo this sentiment.

Superman and Batman inhabit two different realities. Batman is a more realistic film noir character, in a gritty world where tghe normal rules of physics apply. Superman is a campy, suspend-all-belief figure, in a universe where anything goes.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 09:53:16 AM »
I sincerely hope that if they do make a Batman & Superman teamup movie, that Bale does reconsider.

Money has a way of changing things...

"1"

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »
I think that because they'll have to make this Batman so different, they wouldn't even want Bale because it would be drastically different from the DarK Knight Batman.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »
In the comics, isn't Batman a bit more ripped and also taller than Kal-El?

Supes is big but less defined.

Would they not need a bigger dude/actor as Batman (to compare with Henry Cavill) than Michael Keaton this time?

Depends on who draws them...Jim Lee, Alex Ross, Ed McGuinness or others

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 10:44:06 AM »

240 is correct.  It's not about what makes sense... it's about what makes money.

IMO, people are starting to tire of these superhero movies. 

Green Lantern... horrible.
Batman 3... oh-hum.
Spiderman re-boot... yawn. 
IM2 and IM3... yawn. 
Superman re-boot... another yawn.
Wolverine... who cares.

The CGI stuff doesn't really impress people anymore. 

The Avengers worked well because of the cast, it was well written and fun.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 10:54:02 AM »
The Avengers worked well because of the cast, it was well written and fun.

I don't know how.  The movie was junk.  I couldn't sit through 30 mins of it.  Thorn, Arrow Boy and Chick with a Gun.  ::)

Now, they have a Dark Thorn movie.  Can you say, DC Universe copycat?