Author Topic: Will Jay Cutler compete at the 2013 Olympia?  (Read 3939 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Will Jay Cutler compete at the 2013 Olympia?
« on: July 21, 2013, 08:53:17 AM »
http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php/138181-PBW-RADIO-What-Made-Cutler-Say-quot-F-amp-K-Shawn-Ray-quot

Well, I am and respectfully I should have that right under the circumstances with respect to his previous injury, subsequent surgery and the possibility that he doesn't like the progress he sees in the mirror compared to years past. It leaves the door open for the "Possibility" of a No Show.

If 3X Olympia Showdown Winner, Kevin English can pull out of this years NY Pro the week of the show, can I not have reason for a "Little Concern" that the same fate could await Jay if things are not exactly right for this consummate Professional who has carried the sport on his back in a Gentlemanly fashion all these years?

Me questioning the Champ's Return can shake his foundation to drop "F- Bombs" has me even more concerned about his Mental Resolve when at the age of 40 most professionals
Strength & Honor! Shawn Ray

Okay, this has been the looming conspiracy theory for the last year (or two!) that Jay Cutler will NOT compete at the Olympia again.  After last year's surgery in Feb 2012, he assured fans he would be back onstage in the fall.  He wasn't able to compete after all.  This year, his words have been consistent - he will be on that stage come fall 2013.  And he did gain some serious size for summer guest posings.  But recently, we haven't seen the "11 week out..." and other photos that might have been on display in the past.

A few months back, Ronnie Coleman (himself a victim of coming back well past his prime) said it won't be until a few weeks before the show that Jay realizes despite his incredible work ethic, he doesn't have the muscle anymore.  Nothing against Jay - it's just age.

This week... the very respected and legendary Shawn Ray - perhaps the greatest physique never to win a title - now questions Jay's ability or willingness to do the show.  Quote above.

There have been grumblings and questions from some in the industry, but this Q by Shawn Ray has Jay (recently video'd at 1:30 AM in the gym ranting about the haters) responding verbally.

It's awesome for the sport - a battle the likes of Titus/King, that we haven't seen in years.  It's exciting.  "Will he or won't he?" is the big topic right now.  

So if ya feel like it, throw in your 2 cents.
Will Jay compete - YES or NO?  If he competes, where does he place?  
If he doesn't - does he no-show, pull out a few weeks ahead of time, and what is the reason?

Mods, can you add a POLL?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Get ON THE RECORD - Will Jay Cutler compete at the 2013 Olympia?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:59:55 AM »
he will compete and place 6

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 09:06:15 AM »
He'll look like shit, but he will compete.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
he'll compete because he is GUARANTEED 3rd place.  if kai is off by 10%, he gets runner up.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »
What else is he gonna do?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »
I'm going to say he will.  I think this is his last show and he wants to end on his own terms.  This entire comeback is one long drawn out marketing campaign for BPI.  Dropping out would reflect poorly on BPI.
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »
^

hahah what a joke!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 09:19:44 AM »
*takes a sip from his 2 gallon blender, turns purple to block the hater thoughts*
I
believe

in Jay.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 09:24:26 AM »
I just don't understand why SHAWN RAY - and man with plenty of industry knowledge and connections  - would ever go SO FAR out of his way to question jay's intentions here.   Anyone who witnessed shawn battle on getbig for years knows he is a smart dude.   Very shrewd too.  I don't see shawn as the type to get pwned on such an obvious prediction.  NOBODY would come out and say "Phil wont compete" as they would lose all credibility.

Personally, with all the industry voices that have been whispering about it, I applaud Shawn Ray for having the courage to step up and say what everyone is thinking. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 09:26:09 AM »
I just don't understand why SHAWN RAY - and man with plenty of industry knowledge and connections  - would ever go SO FAR out of his way to question jay's intentions here.   Anyone who witnessed shawn battle on getbig for years knows he is a smart dude.   Very shrewd too.  I don't see shawn as the type to get pwned on such an obvious prediction.  NOBODY would come out and say "Phil wont compete" as they would lose all credibility.

Personally, with all the industry voices that have been whispering about it, I applaud Shawn Ray for having the courage to step up and say what everyone is thinking. 

Create hype?
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 09:32:41 AM »
Create hype?

that could be the case.  And if Jay looked to be in shape, I'd agree.  But Jay looks months behind in prep, according to most people.  He's bigger than he was, but in that guest posing with Kai (already much leaner), Jay was outclassed.  Nothing against the guy - he's the 2nd greatest champion of this generation behind Ronnie- but he didn't train seriously for the bulk of 24 months, while Kai's been going full throttle for all that time.   it's to be expected,

I was shocked to see Jay acting so angry in the 1:30 Am training video.  I was shocked to see him use "F**K YOU" to shawn ray, and he wasn't joking when he said it.  If he enters the show, I'll admire him like crazy for it.  But he used to be all about "i'm the all american look, I'm happy friendly and approachable".

Jay is shouting "F**K YOU" to Shawn Ray on video.  That's shocking to me.  That's a whole new side of Jay.  Not calm, collected, and "I got this".   Rather, a man on the edge.  it could be EXACTLY what he needs to fuel the kind of training needed to get his body back to that level. Or it could be manifestation of the pressure he's feeling.  Jay CANT back out now - cause if so, all of the haters, the Shawn Rays of the world, the conspiracy theory doubters on the boards - THEY WILL WIN.

Jay has to compete now.  No way he lets the haters win.  He'll do the show. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 09:33:27 AM »
I say yes.......Jay can't give up the spotlight...but it depends on whether the divorce fucks with his head so much he can't concentrate in the gym and begins to blow off work outs...if he finds himself doing this he will pull out due to "lack of motivation" or "injury" :)

ukjeff

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »
Not only will he compete, he will win. This Olympia will be for him what the '80 Olympia was for Arnold.

And truthfully, Starting in '01, Jay should have won a lot more Olympias.
;D ;)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 09:35:32 AM »

And truthfully, Starting in '01, Jay should have won a lot more Olympias.

I agree with this.
A

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 10:03:10 AM »
yeah jay will compete and he'll do ok... not great, but he won't embarass himself

and honestly i'll always think highly of jay, i don't care that he's past his prime, he'll always be a beast in my head; same with ronnie, dorian and others

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
I think he'll smash one of his cars into a telephone pole and fake and injury...Everyone will see his car totaled and most naive people will say "wow glad he's going to be ok"...

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 10:14:49 AM »
Two years ago when Jay raised Phil's hand in victory, I said Jay would never compete again. Jay looked too happy and even somewhat relieved that Phil had won. Unless Jay is just  happy with being one of the top 5 bodybuilders in the world, he will compete, no way is he winning and I think he knows it.

I'm going to go on record and say Jay will not compete in the '13 O. I can see that bicep injury flaring up and dropping out of the show at the last minute.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
Jay will compete and be given 3rd place whether he deserves it or not!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »
Jay will be injured saving orphans or kittens or Ghandi or something and not compete.
a

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 10:39:18 AM »
If Jay competes (which I think he will), and as long as he's in condition, he'll be around third or fourth.

Shawn just says these things to get a reaction, and that's exactly what he's got.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 10:55:03 AM »
Two years ago when Jay raised Phil's hand in victory, I said Jay would never compete again. Jay looked too happy and even somewhat relieved that Phil had won. Unless Jay is just  happy with being one of the top 5 bodybuilders in the world, he will compete, no way is he winning and I think he knows it.

I'm going to go on record and say Jay will not compete in the '13 O. I can see that bicep injury flaring up and dropping out of the show at the last minute.

that is the EXACT position I had.  When Jay took the mic and spoke for what felt like 7 straight minutes at the peak of Phil's moment, he was essentially 'retiring' from the O competition, I thought.  Never again would he place himself in that position. 

But hey, it's his own legacy. He can do what he likes.  None of us is in any position to judge.

I strive for consistency.  I'll stick with my prediction, like you, from 2 years ago. 

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »

that could be the case.  And if Jay looked to be in shape, I'd agree.  But Jay looks months behind in prep, according to most people.  He's bigger than he was, but in that guest posing with Kai (already much leaner), Jay was outclassed.  Nothing against the guy - he's the 2nd greatest champion of this generation behind Ronnie- but he didn't train seriously for the bulk of 24 months, while Kai's been going full throttle for all that time.   it's to be expected,

I was shocked to see Jay acting so angry in the 1:30 Am training video.  I was shocked to see him use "F**K YOU" to shawn ray, and he wasn't joking when he said it.  If he enters the show, I'll admire him like crazy for it.  But he used to be all about "i'm the all american look, I'm happy friendly and approachable".

Jay is shouting "F**K YOU" to Shawn Ray on video.  That's shocking to me.  That's a whole new side of Jay.  Not calm, collected, and "I got this".   Rather, a man on the edge.  it could be EXACTLY what he needs to fuel the kind of training needed to get his body back to that level. Or it could be manifestation of the pressure he's feeling.  Jay CANT back out now - cause if so, all of the haters, the Shawn Rays of the world, the conspiracy theory doubters on the boards - THEY WILL WIN.

Looks like we are getting some WWE flair to the IFBB. It can't hurt only help sell tickets etc! Jay just trying a new marketing ploy!

andyshawads

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »
Apparently you have seen any cutler vids lately?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 11:23:38 AM »
Looks like we are getting some WWE flair to the IFBB. It can't hurt only help sell tickets etc! Jay just trying a new marketing ploy!

it's got the BBing world talking.  Shawn Vs. Jay.   ANd shawn's not backing down.... so that makes me think he knows something we don't.