Author Topic: Blind and hearing impaired bodybuilder Baron Babineaux competes in the NPC  (Read 6278 times)

ukjeff

Truly inspirational and exceptional. Blind and hearing impaired, Baron Babineaux competes as a middleweight in the NPC. What's your excuse?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Deaf/Blind bodybuilder
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:44:38 PM »
I judged that show. In the pre judging his trainer would touch the body part that we were asking to pose. ie side chest he would touch his chest. He did a good job considering his disabilities. There also was another guy in his class that was blind. BB can be for anyone.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 01:54:29 PM »
Not many people would train if they couldn't look themselves in the mirror. But talk about mind/muscle connection on someone with this disability.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 01:57:59 PM »
I judged that show. In the pre judging his trainer would touch the body part that we were asking to pose. ie side chest he would touch his chest. He did a good job considering his disabilities. There also was another guy in his class that was blind. BB can be for anyone.
Taking schmoeing to the next level. Shame on you!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 01:58:14 PM »
i can think of 2 english guys,  one won his pro card forgot his name.... the other used to compete at the nabba north, died a few year back, had to be led on and off

ukjeff

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »
i can think of 2 english guys,  one won his pro card forgot his name.... the other used to compete at the nabba north, died a few year back, had to be led on and off

Frank Walsh

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 02:05:36 PM »
brian balmer.... bald dude, did the over 40's.... still cant think of the guy who came pro, he was huge... did the grand prix one year, came no where tho

ukjeff

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 02:08:24 PM »
brian balmer.... bald dude, did the over 40's.... still cant think of the guy who came pro, he was huge... did the grand prix one year, came no where tho
Frank must have been before your time, it was the mid 80s.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »
nah.. mid 90's onwards for me.... ricky welling, won his pro card, blind as a bat....

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »
How can you tell where to inject the synthol if you're blind?  That's a lot of trust to put in your trainer. 
Y

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 04:41:49 PM »

Much respect to this man!! He is a winner!!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 04:45:15 PM »
How is the concept of bodybuilding even explained?Im assuming he reads Braille but how was he taught?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 05:49:44 PM »
Prop to him. If bodybuilding doesn't workout for him, he can always become a judge. They seems to be lacking at the National and pro level.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
How is the concept of bodybuilding even explained?Im assuming he reads Braille but how was he taught?

I guess they weren't blind until they were 15-20 years old or so. ??? I remember a blind bber from Argentine who said he lost his sight at 15, so he had  a notion of what he was doing.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
Re: Blind and hearing impaired bodybuilder Baron Babineaux competes in the NPC
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 09:11:36 AM »
now this is bad ass!  :o

looks better than most of the new shitty "pros". much respect. what freaking amazing dedication.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Blind and hearing impaired bodybuilder Baron Babineaux competes in the NPC
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 09:44:59 AM »
How can these blind guys even train BB?

Dieting and prepping must be near impossible

Imagine being Blind AND Deaf? What's the motivation to train? How do you see progress?

Sounds complicated

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »

I was at the show as well.  I worked a booth during most of it but was able to see the women's bikini finals and men's bodybuilding finals.  He was very inspirational and received a monster applause from the crowd in attendance.