Author Topic: UGH... another FL shooting case... SYG to be put on trial  (Read 1070 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
UGH... another FL shooting case... SYG to be put on trial
« on: July 22, 2013, 09:41:49 PM »
Ugh, I really hate these cases.   Next in line once Zimmerman story goes away is this guy... tells some kids to turn down their radio, sees something and opens fire.

Idiots will make it about race.  Obama will make it about stand your ground.  Sad.

The setting this time is a petrol station. Mr Dunn was filling his tank last November when an vehicle with four young men inside drew up and started playing music very loud. Mr Dunn objected, whereupon, he told police, they turned it up and allegedly began to threaten him.

When he saw what he thought was a rifle barrel being pointed at him, he grabbed a gun from his glove compartment and opened fire, killing Mr Davis.

“I asked them nicely, I didn’t demand. I said: ‘Hey, would you guys mind turning that down?’ They shut it off and I was like: ‘Thank you’,” Mr Dunn said following his arrest. “I saw a barrel come up on the window, like a single shot shotgun.”

Police later determined there were no firearms in the youths’ vehicle. For their part, lawyers for Mr Dunn insist there is no parallel between their client and Mr Zimmerman. “That’s ridiculous. Michael is not a vigilante,” Robin Lemonidis told CNN last year. “He is a brilliant software developer.”

The lawyer for the Davis family, John Phillips, has conceded that his clients were “freaking about justice” in the wake of the Zimmerman acquittal. However, he has also acknowledged that the two cases are not identical, saying that “the justice process is different for both. You gotta keep them separate”.

Mr Davis’s mother, Lucia McBath, has voiced hope that the trial for her son will focus less on race and more on the Stand Your Ground law, which says you don’t have to retreat if you feel you are mortally threatened.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/the-other-trayvon-and-another-murder-trial-set-to-reignite-us-gun-debate-8724761.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: UGH... another FL shooting case... SYG to be put on trial
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:11:48 PM »
Does anyone want to venture a guess on the verdict?  Or share who was right here?

Dude thought he saw a gun and opened fire.  Legal under FL law, I have to say.  If you fear for your life, you can shoot.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 01:41:02 PM »
The issue is being able to ID what exactly constitutes "in fear of your life"..being able to ID a weapon etc. This guy is a software developer....not sure he spends every day worring about whether somebody has a weapon, ID'ing weapons etc etc. Why did he care if these thugs were playing music..was he planning on spending time at the gas station. How did he think this would go?
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 04:35:13 PM »
The issue is being able to ID what exactly constitutes "in fear of your life"..being able to ID a weapon etc. This guy is a software developer....not sure he spends every day worring about whether somebody has a weapon, ID'ing weapons etc etc. Why did he care if these thugs were playing music..was he planning on spending time at the gas station. How did he think this would go?

See, under FL law, if he honestly believes it was a barrel of a gun that he saw, he's allowed to open fire until that threat is no longer present.

No DUTY TO RETREAT.  under the old FL law, he had to step back a few feet to diffuse situation.  Under this new law, he "stood his ground" against an imaginary yet perceived threat.  yet another reason I hate this law.  Too vague.   You can lose your cool, execute someone, then just make up some scenario (after 6 months of consulting with our lawyer) and it's up the state to prove you've lying. 

I don't like it.   I think he could easily walk in this shoot thanks to the vague law.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:41:06 PM »
See, under FL law, if he honestly believes it was a barrel of a gun that he saw, he's allowed to open fire until that threat is no longer present.

No DUTY TO RETREAT.  under the old FL law, he had to step back a few feet to diffuse situation.  Under this new law, he "stood his ground" against an imaginary yet perceived threat.  yet another reason I hate this law.  Too vague.   You can lose your cool, execute someone, then just make up some scenario (after 6 months of consulting with our lawyer) and it's up the state to prove you've lying. 

I don't like it.   I think he could easily walk in this shoot thanks to the vague law.
so wait at first you wanted zimmerman convicted even though you agreed he broke no law b/c it would satiate the rage of fundy gun grabbing libtards and now you are arguing the same side of those fundy libtards?

at least youre being honest now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:57:38 PM »
so wait at first you wanted zimmerman convicted even though you agreed he broke no law b/c it would satiate the rage of fundy gun grabbing libtards and now you are arguing the same side of those fundy libtards?

at least youre being honest now.

i wanted zimm to be convicted because he ran into a confrontation with a person he believed to be high and possibly armed - he wanted trigger time.
he told 911 the person was high and had hand on something in waistband - then PROCEEDED TO ADVANCE for something as trivial as a street title.

Sorry, but if you see a MFer high on crack packing a piece, the LAST thing you do is trot his way.  You want to cut his ass down, I get it, legal shoot under FL law.

This one is cut and dry - he feared for his life, and the DA can't PROVE he didn't see anything that looked like a barrel.  until they change that vauge ass law, you're allowed to shoot someone if you think you see something, fear for life, and they can't prove otherwise.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »

This one is cut and dry - he feared for his life, and the DA can't PROVE he didn't see anything that looked like a barrel.  until they change that vauge ass law, you're allowed to shoot someone if you think you see something, fear for life, and they can't prove otherwise.

I doubt it.  The fear has to be reasonable.  If the DA can show that absolutely nothing in the car looked even remotely like a barrel, then I think a jury will be hard pressed to buy this guy's story.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
Y'all crazy in Florida. 
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »

I doubt it.  The fear has to be reasonable.  If the DA can show that absolutely nothing in the car looked even remotely like a barrel, then I think a jury will be hard pressed to buy this guy's story.

I doubt the DA can show that, to be honest.  Do I think this dude panicked, got mad, pissed his pants, saw red and maybe opened fire?  Sure

Do I think the DA can PROVE that this guy didn't see ANYTHING that looked like a barrel?  No.
Do I think a Mark OMara won't find ten ways to introduce opportunities for the 3 living teens to "remove the cylindirical barrle-like object from the car"?  YOU KNOW HE WILL.

duty to retreat, ,this dude is hiding behind car with gun drawn, calling 911, and the kids drive away after pumping gas.  Awkward but everyone goes home alive.
no duty, and it's "I saw something, fuuck you, you can't prove I didn't, so I shot the sumbitch".

FL law is crazy, no doubt.  VERY vague and really allows people to escalate shit when they should back down.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »
i wanted zimm to be convicted because he ran into a confrontation with a person he believed to be high and possibly armed - he wanted trigger time.
he told 911 the person was high and had hand on something in waistband - then PROCEEDED TO ADVANCE for something as trivial as a street title.

Sorry, but if you see a MFer high on crack packing a piece, the LAST thing you do is trot his way.  You want to cut his ass down, I get it, legal shoot under FL law.

This one is cut and dry - he feared for his life, and the DA can't PROVE he didn't see anything that looked like a barrel.  until they change that vauge ass law, you're allowed to shoot someone if you think you see something, fear for life, and they can't prove otherwise.
so to summarize, YOU WANTED AN INNOCENT MAN CONVICTED AND NOW YOURE AGAINST THE VERY BILL YOU SAID YOU WERE FOR PROTECTING BY ADVOCATING FOR ZIMMERMANS CONVICTION....

makes a whole lot of sense their moron

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »
so to summarize, YOU WANTED AN INNOCENT MAN CONVICTED AND NOW YOURE AGAINST THE VERY BILL YOU SAID YOU WERE FOR PROTECTING BY ADVOCATING FOR ZIMMERMANS CONVICTION....

makes a whole lot of sense their moron

zimm ain't innocent of wanting an armed showdown.
he's innocent of murder in the realm of FL law.

in FL, you're allowed to instigate and finish a situation then claim anything, because the DA can't prove you're lying because you killed the only witness in the dark.

zimmerman wasn't innocent, he saw a dude he thought was on drugs packing heat, he grabbed his own heat, and he ran into a fcking battle.  he wanted that, accept it.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »
I doubt the DA can show that, to be honest.  Do I think this dude panicked, got mad, pissed his pants, saw red and maybe opened fire?  Sure

Do I think the DA can PROVE that this guy didn't see ANYTHING that looked like a barrel?  No.
Do I think a Mark OMara won't find ten ways to introduce opportunities for the 3 living teens to "remove the cylindirical barrle-like object from the car"?  YOU KNOW HE WILL.

duty to retreat, ,this dude is hiding behind car with gun drawn, calling 911, and the kids drive away after pumping gas.  Awkward but everyone goes home alive.
no duty, and it's "I saw something, fuuck you, you can't prove I didn't, so I shot the sumbitch".

FL law is crazy, no doubt.  VERY vague and really allows people to escalate shit when they should back down.

Not likely.  It's not as though most of us are driving around with something that looks like a gun barrel.

And, if they pointed something at the guy that did look like a gun barrel, but actually wasn't, why can't the guy shoot?

Point a fake a gun at a cop and your gonna get shot.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 07:28:42 PM »

zimm ain't innocent of wanting an armed showdown.
he's innocent of murder in the realm of FL law.

in FL, you're allowed to instigate and finish a situation then claim anything, because the DA can't prove you're lying because you killed the only witness in the dark.

zimmerman wasn't innocent, he saw a dude he thought was on drugs packing heat, he grabbed his own heat, and he ran into a fcking battle.  he wanted that, accept it.
its not just in florida you dumb retard, if you cant prove them guilty in court then anyone can do anything ANYWHERE...fucking idiot

if you cant prove them guilty in a court of law, they are guess what NOT GUILTY

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »
Not likely.  It's not as though most of us are driving around with something that looks like a gun barrel.

And, if they pointed something at the guy that did look like a gun barrel, but actually wasn't, why can't the guy shoot?

Point a fake a gun at a cop and your gonna get shot.

i'm saying, under FL law, I can see a very good case for the dude walking.  Cause the state can't PROVE he didn't see something.  

antenna, glare from cell phone, or an object the 3 thugs in car removed before police arrived, as OMara will point out?

with the 4 teens verbally assaulting him, the music peaking at 150 dB, and the gun-like object you can't prove he didn't see...

Well, I think this man might be labeled a hero when all is said and done.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 07:39:25 PM »
i'm saying, under FL law, I can see a very good case for the dude walking.  Cause the state can't PROVE he didn't see something. 

antenna, glare from cell phone, or an object the 3 thugs in car removed before police arrived, as OMara will point out?

with the 4 teens verbally assaulting him, the music peaking at 150 dB, and the gun-like object you can't prove he didn't see...

Well, I think this man might be labeled a hero when all is said and done.
you mean if you cant prove he committed a crime, he will walk?

wow fuking brilliant, you have an MBA you say?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
you mean if you cant prove he committed a crime, he will walk?

wow fuking brilliant, you have an MBA you say?

It's possible he will walk.  Given their collective 95 IQ, it's tough to know what FL jurors will do lol.

But yes, the burden is on the state to PROVE he didn't fear for his life.  Lots of getbiggers said that in the past few months ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
It's possible he will walk.  Given their collective 95 IQ, it's tough to know what FL jurors will do lol.

But yes, the burden is on the state to PROVE he didn't fear for his life.  Lots of getbiggers said that in the past few months ;)
LOL so in the zimmerman case it was "due to their collective 95 IQ zimmerman maybe convicted even though he did nothing wrong"

but in this case you feel those same retards are going to find him innocent?

man you "evolve" very quickly

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Oh, I thought this was the Marissa Alexander case. Certain libs are going ape over this one. She's getting 20 years in prison, under FL's 10-20-LIFE law for shooting at her husband and almost clipping one of her stepchildren. She claimed self-defense under Stand Your Ground. But, she didn't even call the police. She left a room where she was having an argument with her notoriously abusive husband, went to the garage, returned with the gun and fired at him.

She didn't call the police and was convicted of assaulting him some months later. She was prosecuted by Angela Corey, the same woman that prosecuted the Zimmerman case.