Author Topic: Lee Priest -is he obsessive compulsive?  (Read 27856 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Lee Priest -is he obsessive compulsive?
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2013, 01:46:43 AM »
Are you serious?  Are you trying to stir up shit?  Not trying to tell the mods what to do...FFS.  It is not rocket surgery! Mods have rules to follow, simple as that.

Just give it a rest.  I want the best for this a boring and predictable place.

Fixed.
Getbig = Getbig, get over it and get yourself some rest.
Peace.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Stop the hate and The Pros will return
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2013, 04:30:38 AM »
Fixed.
Getbig = Getbig, get over it and get yourself some rest.
Peace.

lol...getbig is NOT getbig 'anymore'....You obviously wern't around back in the Titus, Melvin, Shawn, Kevin, Kamali era....just to list a few.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2013, 05:08:50 AM »
lol...getbig is NOT getbig 'anymore'....You obviously wern't around back in the Titus, Melvin, Shawn, Kevin, Kamali era....just to list a few.

Yeah but that era wasn't really overly significant due to those people.  It was significant due to the regular posters who have all moved on.  

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2013, 07:32:25 AM »

I wasn't an active member back then, but I've read some of their posts, including the famous one with Milos Sarcev, Peter McGough and others about plasma expenders. That was an interesting read, but an exception as well.
Change is the only constant in life... so stop living in the past, get over it.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »
I wasn't an active member back then, but I've read some of their posts, including the famous one with Milos Sarcev, Peter McGough and others about plasma expenders. That was an interesting read, but an exception as well.
Change is the only constant in life... so stop living in the past, get over it.

DP, change is good.  The strength of a forum is its ability to change and evolve.  I think we agree on this point??

However, it is more than that in my view.  This place can exist in a state of change while accommodating all -and that includes the Pros.

Again DP, lets not forget that when this site begun it was unique!  Its uniqueness could be attributed to the diversity of posters.  Now, we have a unidirectional bunch of juvenile haters.

kofo

• Getbig II
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2013, 02:09:34 AM »
His "I really am a failure in life" moment of clarity cant be far away.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2013, 02:26:04 AM »
His "I really am a failure in life" moment of clarity cant be far away.

please. He's a midget and was given less than god by most....
l

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »

Yes, Lee is haunted by his lack of height.  He is reminded of how short he is daily.

But at the end of the day, Lee justifies it by this saying :
"Bodybuilding is a short man's sport."

I tend to agree with him!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2013, 07:41:21 PM »
Mills gets mentioned plenty by Hank. Sarcev is blamed for the death of Luke Wood. Well, insulin and other drug 'abuse'. Apparently Luke misunderstood an amount and took 10 times what was specified. If we are going to make statements about people then we had better make sure we are absolutely right about what we state about them and their theories, etc. Otherwise, Caro is perpetuating the crap that GB is full of and that is mostly why the pros no longer post here.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
Mills gets mentioned plenty by Hank. Sarcev is blamed for the death of Luke Wood. Well, insulin and other drug 'abuse'. Apparently Luke misunderstood an amount and took 10 times what was specified. If we are going to make statements about people then we had better make sure we are absolutely right about what we state about them and their theories, etc. Otherwise, Caro is perpetuating the crap that GB is full of and that is mostly why the pros no longer post here.

Vince, i can't believe what i am hearing.  Don't you recall those epic threads between Chick and Milos.  Chick would go to town on Milos and vice versa.

Milos could give as good as he could get.  And yes, i will not shy away from the fact that i believe Milos played a role in Luke's demise.  Surely Vince you can see the link?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »
The problem here is cause and effect. Luke didn't follow the advices precisely so who is to blame? No one here knows exactly what that information was. What is clear is that Milos knows far more about bodybuilding chemicals than anyone else on this forum. I am not condoning what Milos recommends but he clearly knows more than Hank Wood and the rest of the collective Flotsam.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2013, 08:16:31 PM »
Yes, Lee is haunted by his lack of height.  He is reminded of how short he is daily.

But at the end of the day, Lee justifies it by this saying :
"Bodybuilding is a short man's sport."

I tend to agree with him!
Not the best BB. The guys who win the O average height is like 5'10 to 5'11. The midgets don't win the O.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »
The problem here is cause and effect. Luke didn't follow the advices precisely so who is to blame? No one here knows exactly what that information was. What is clear is that Milos knows far more about bodybuilding chemicals than anyone else on this forum. I am not condoning what Milos recommends but he clearly knows more than Hank Wood and the rest of the collective Flotsam.

Wow..Vince let it go.  I have NEVER purported to know more about Milos in regards to backyard-endocrinology. 

Vince, you come across as 'hero worshipping' Milos because you claim he knows more about chemicals than the flotsam that post here.  I don't know where you are going with this...wow?

Yes Vince, Milos has a diverse bro science background..so what?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »
I am not the one accusing Milos of Luke's death.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »
Lee "liar face" Priest was the narrowest Pro of all time...Including Heath...

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2013, 09:42:46 PM »

Go ahead Vince, paint me as the demon. Fact is, if Luke never met Milos it is safe to say he would be alive today.

Jesus Christ Vince, follow the time line of Luke's demise.  It correlates directly with meeting Milos.  Take away Milos' insulin protocols and we would still have Luke on this planet.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2013, 12:20:11 AM »

Unbelievable  :o Vince is now hater too ;D ;D ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2013, 12:45:39 AM »
Great names from Aussie bodybuilding history:
(just to stir up Caro)

-John Terilli  NABBA Pro & Am Mr.Universe,2nd place at Pro World (Lost to L.Haney by 1 point)
-Roger Walker Ifbb World
-Charlie Duca 3x NABBA World
-Sammy Ioannidis 2x Ifbb Junior Mr.Universe,Nabba Universe
-Gary Lewer NABBA Universe & Nabba World
-Sonny Schmidt (originaly NZ) Masters Olympia
(several others were champs in WFF,Inbf,INBA,etc)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2013, 12:58:46 AM »
Luke made a fatal mistake. Sure, perhaps he shouldn't have completely trusted others when it comes to his health. I certainly wouldn't and didn't. I had to read what I could in journals and concluded that the risks of sustained steroid use was not something worth it. Many of us dabble with shortcuts when the gains stop. We read and hear about this and that then eventually we have to decide whether to level the playing field or get out of the sport. Not everyone who tries the various chemicals makes the gains wanted. What then? Well, that is where the real danger enters because the further along the doping trail one gets the riskier it is. Stacks recommended by goodness knows who. Not anything I would recommend or take myself. Luke was a huge guy and needed something extra to help him win more titles. That never happened so imagine how disappointing that was. Some guys don't do the research and then what? They are gullible guinea pigs for gurus. Eventually those gurus assemble information but the path is probably tainted with failures like Luke. He simply misread a number and overdosed resulting in dire consequences. Once your kidneys go you are rather limited in choices re health. If you require a transplant you are at risk of complications and rejection. So it was that Luke died from such a mishap. Sure it is obviously more complicated but when researchers do studies with elite athletes many say they would take big risks if that made them Olympic and World Champions. Obviously some elite bodybuilders think the same way. What a shame there is no testing at the pro level. Those running the sport should be castigated and booted out for life and replaced by people who care about the health of participants.

Till_I-Collapse

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2013, 01:33:36 AM »
Every bodybuilder is obsessive compulsive by definition.

kofo

• Getbig II
« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2013, 02:18:18 AM »

Nah I'm sure that if he channeled that focus and energy used for BBing into something real, he could have made something out of himself.

Come on it gotta suck big time having to depend on that life lie of his, that he is his own master or some shit like that.

He could have been a pilot, a lawyer, businessman anything really.

He is not prepared for midlife crisis, it will hit him hard.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2013, 03:30:56 AM »
Luke made a fatal mistake. Sure, perhaps he shouldn't have completely trusted others when it comes to his health. I certainly wouldn't and didn't. I had to read what I could in journals and concluded that the risks of sustained steroid use was not something worth it. Many of us dabble with shortcuts when the gains stop. We read and hear about this and that then eventually we have to decide whether to level the playing field or get out of the sport. Not everyone who tries the various chemicals makes the gains wanted. What then? Well, that is where the real danger enters because the further along the doping trail one gets the riskier it is. Stacks recommended by goodness knows who. Not anything I would recommend or take myself. Luke was a huge guy and needed something extra to help him win more titles. That never happened so imagine how disappointing that was. Some guys don't do the research and then what? They are gullible guinea pigs for gurus. Eventually those gurus assemble information but the path is probably tainted with failures like Luke. He simply misread a number and overdosed resulting in dire consequences. Once your kidneys go you are rather limited in choices re health. If you require a transplant you are at risk of complications and rejection. So it was that Luke died from such a mishap. Sure it is obviously more complicated but when researchers do studies with elite athletes many say they would take big risks if that made them Olympic and World Champions. Obviously some elite bodybuilders think the same way. What a shame there is no testing at the pro level. Those running the sport should be castigated and booted out for life and replaced by people who care about the health of participants.

A good read.

Vince, at the end  of your post you make reference to 'those running the sport should be castigated and booted out for life...etc etc''. 

My question is : are you referring to Bob Chick?  I know you battled the great Chick for many years re. what his role should be in relation to the sport, protecting the athletes etc?