Author Topic: Rise of The Warrior Cop  (Read 910 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Rise of The Warrior Cop
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:03:55 AM »
Rise of the Warrior Cop
Is it time to reconsider the militarization of American policing?

Photo illustration by Sean McCabe

By RADLEY BALKO

On Jan. 4 of last year, a local narcotics strike force conducted a raid on the Ogden, Utah, home of Matthew David Stewart at 8:40 p.m. The 12 officers were acting on a tip from Mr. Stewart's former girlfriend, who said that he was growing marijuana in his basement. Mr. Stewart awoke, naked, to the sound of a battering ram taking down his door. Thinking that he was being invaded by criminals, as he later claimed, he grabbed his 9-millimeter Beretta pistol... Story Continues here

Well worth the read, and well worth pondering imo
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Rise of The Warrior Cop
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 07:45:25 AM »
There have aloty of articles on this lately. Many started on the fringe right wing sites and have since migrated as the amount of incidents has increased. After 9-11 the money poured into the state and local departments. Homeland security has pumped tons of cash into training local cops. Notice the number of unmarked cruisers you see now. It used to be 1 or 2  and they were the same models as the regular cop cars. Now they all have Chargers, suped up SUV's and here in San Antonio they seem to have all kinds of weird SUV's that I imagine they must  get in seizures.  Once we get everything back from Afghanistan and Iraq...yes we still have tons of crap in Kuwait...all those MRAPS and MATV's will be sold or mothballed as the Army has no plans to intergrate them into the basic fleet of combat vehicles. Departments will snap these things up.

The cops have every attachment possible on their M-4's..they drip with every velcro toy possible. Sorry but I hate wearing all that crap and made sure that I was as light as possible for the mission. Water and ammo only...these guys are not going to be in a situation where they need all that crap and can't go back to their cruiser. I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more play.
L

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »
24KT have U obtain any of the 1st July's new Croatian gold coins  ;) ;) ;)
or hanging around NUDE beaches &  :o :o :o there  ;)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »
Rise of the Warrior Cop
Is it time to reconsider the militarization of American policing?

Photo illustration by Sean McCabe

By RADLEY BALKO

On Jan. 4 of last year, a local narcotics strike force conducted a raid on the Ogden, Utah, home of Matthew David Stewart at 8:40 p.m. The 12 officers were acting on a tip from Mr. Stewart's former girlfriend, who said that he was growing marijuana in his basement. Mr. Stewart awoke, naked, to the sound of a battering ram taking down his door. Thinking that he was being invaded by criminals, as he later claimed, he grabbed his 9-millimeter Beretta pistol... Story Continues here

Well worth the read, and well worth pondering imo

First decent  post you had in a long time.

kudos

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
Recently a swat team broke into a law abiding couples apartment while they were having dinner because a criminal was suspected in the area. Not at their apartment, just in the area. The female didnt believe they were police and drew her weapon as anybody would under those circumstances. They lived but the cops played it off like it was necessary and the apartment occupants were the ones overreacting.  I'll try to find the article.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 10:57:47 PM »

First decent  post you had in a long time.

kudos

Thanks Skip, but truth be told... I post alot of decent stuff.
If you spent more time actually digesting what I post, rather than try to troll and mock me, ...you'd realize that.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 11:36:45 PM »
Recently a swat team broke into a law abiding couples apartment while they were having dinner because a criminal was suspected in the area. Not at their apartment, just in the area. The female didnt believe they were police and drew her weapon as anybody would under those circumstances. They lived but the cops played it off like it was necessary and the apartment occupants were the ones overreacting.  I'll try to find the article.

The first time I ever heard of something like this happening was back in 1998 to an actor friend of mine in NYC.
She was rudely awoken in the middle of the night, by heavily armed cops kicking in her door, storming through her apartment guns drawn... ripping things apart... laser beams in the dark, traumatizing the hell out of her... demanding all the drugs & the cash... and threatening to shoot her straight between the eyes if she didn't cough them up pronto.

Turns out... the cops were at the wrong apartment.

When they realized they had busted into the wrong apartment, they just left... no apologies no nothing.

Meanwhile, she was left with a kicked in door, and no way to secure herself inside her own home for a few weeks until the property mgmt/landlord got around to replacing her door.

Sometimes... $#|T happens... and what's important is not so much what happens to you, but rather how you choose to deal with it.  If life gives you lemons... make lemonade! The Universe has a special way of righting wrongs.

I counselled her to use the incident to her benefit. She did. Rather than trying to forget the experience I encourage her to embrace it. She relived every second of the crippling fear she'd experienced, ...the trauma, ...the overwhelming sense of helplessness & vulnerability, ...every piece of raw emotion, and channeled it into the most mind blowing audition that landed her a guest starring role as a rape victim in an episode of the newly created TV Series Law & Order: SVU.

She may not have been compensated by the NYPD for the emotional trauma, or the broken property, but her ability to embrace the experience and channel it, has worked out to approx. $80K - $90K a year in residual income for the past 10 years, ...and still growing.

Sometimes stuff happens over which we have no control.
In life, storms are going to occur whether we want them to or not.
Rather than scream about the upcoming storm, instead, learn how to dance in the rain!

w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »
Thanks Skip, but truth be told... I post alot of decent stuff.
If you spent more time actually digesting what I post, rather than try to troll and mock me, ...you'd realize that.
fucking amazing ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 02:22:09 PM »
I have dogs and they always...always shoot the dogs. If a cop shoots my dogs because they can't read a gps and address...I'm going to skin their kids on video. They've gotten out of control. I used to be very pro cop but alot of these guys apparently have been playing to much call of duty and must be jealous of what they're seeing in Iraq and Afghanistan because they're trying that crap here.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 12:05:00 AM »
I have dogs and they always...always shoot the dogs. If a cop shoots my dogs because they can't read a gps and address...I'm going to skin their kids on video. They've gotten out of control. I used to be very pro cop but alot of these guys apparently have been playing to much call of duty and must be jealous of what they're seeing in Iraq and Afghanistan because they're trying that crap here.

Ummm... how about a compromise?
How about you skin the shooter on video, ...and leave his/her innocent kids out of it?   :)
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 06:51:54 AM »
No.....I'm going old school eastern european on their asses.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 04:10:45 PM »
No.....I'm going old school eastern european on their asses.

You could perhaps go old school Turkish rape avenger style,
...behead the shooter, and stick his head on a pike in the centre of the village square?  :P
w