Author Topic: i've been fighting with myself on the matter of deadlifts and their merit  (Read 2359 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
ive torn both hamstrings doing these.... i do agree my back/traps/shoulder girdle never looked thicker than when id deadlift heavy everyweek

How old we're you?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Well we are not talking doing singles and double here, which is clearly the culprit to your problems, we are talking modest sets of ten reps.

Oh, o I mean dlng for reps screws me up. Those singles didn't mess me up at all. It's getting the bar past the knees multiple times when fatigued that gets me

I like putting the bar on two reebok steps then doing slow sumo deads for ten to fifteen reps, sumos you can lower around the knees slowly without issue imo, and cutting out four to six inches keeps my back feeling good and I can lift my 5 rm for ten plus reps which means more time under tension with a big weight :)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
ive torn both hamstrings doing these.... i do agree my back/traps/shoulder girdle never looked thicker than when id deadlift heavy everyweek
I tore a ham last year and I am already doing deadlifts with 500 for 10 reps no problem. You just have to learn when to stop if you feel anything out of place and you have to be fresh for deadlifts, you can not nor should not do them within 48 hours of a leg workout.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Oh, o I mean dlng for reps screws me up. Those singles didn't mess me up at all. It's getting the bar past the knees multiple times when fatigued that gets me

I like putting the bar on two reebok steps then doing slow sumo deads for ten to fifteen reps, sumos you can lower around the knees slowly without issue imo, and cutting out four to six inches keeps my back feeling good and I can lift my 5 rm for ten plus reps which means more time under tension with a big weight :)
Oh I see

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
How old we're you?

25 1st time and 32 last time,,,,, im not doing full deadlifts anymore, i might play around with rack pulls from under the knee or use the hammer split squat/shrug machine

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
25 1st time and 32 last time,,,,, im not doing full deadlifts anymore, i might play around with rack pulls from under the knee or use the hammer split squat/shrug machine

Damn...those are bad tears.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
as a chiro,,,,, whats your take on why this would happen, i dont even feel tight in the hamstrings when i perform them?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
as a chiro,,,,, whats your take on why this would happen, i dont even feel tight in the hamstrings when i perform them?
Weak ass cheeks, learn to pucker up.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I have my solution for not hurting my hams, because I am vulnerable and it goes like this;

Instead of stand up right at the top position fully erected, I stand up and lean backward with my knee very slightly bent, so not locked out and my body is leaning back comfortably.

Hard to explain unless you see how I do this, I will post a deadlift video in like 3 weeks and this takes the ham completely out of the equation.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Weak ass cheeks, learn to pucker up.

keep your bum tricks to your self mr

chaos

• Getbig V

keep your bum tricks to your self mr
Try sldl.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I have my solution for not hurting my hams, because I am vulnerable and it goes like this;

Instead of stand up right at the top position fully erected, I stand up and lean backward with my knew very slightly bent, so not locked out and my body is leaning back comfortably.

Hard to explain unless you see how I do this, I will post a deadlift video in like 3 weeks and this takes the ham completely out of the equation.

always tore mine mid way into the lift,,,, my pall just tore his running at his kids sports day, 280 pounder trying to show off

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
always tore mine mid way into the lift,,,, my pall just tore his running at his kids sports day, 280 pounder trying to show off
Oh no, fuck that must have hurt,

chaos

• Getbig V
Sldl every week on leg day.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Gave him the biggest back ever ???
and his spine is beyond repair