Author Topic: Cutler fires Hany and is back with Aceto  (Read 4215 times)

Stormcloud

• Getbig II
Cutler fires Hany and is back with Aceto
« on: July 23, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »

Hany was the guru trainer of both Heath and Cutler, but now, Cutler has made the move with 10 weeks left for the 2013 Mr. O, and jumped back on board with Aceto.   Will this move bring Cutler back to the limelight and show he is serious about his comback?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Cutler fires Hany and is back with Aceto
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
Hany was the guru trainer of both Heath and Cutler, but now, Cutler has made the move with 10 weeks left for the 2013 Mr. O, and jumped back on board with Aceto.   Will this move bring Cutler back to the limelight and show he is serious about his comback?

Aceto brought him in for the 2001 Olympia with some feeling it was his all time best, granted he was young, hungry and his body was responsive, but I think this is a good move either way.

No one knows Jay's body (no homo) better then Aceto.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 10:15:50 PM »
its too late, aceto cant magically bring a 40 year old jay back to his glory days

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:19:19 PM »
this could be seen as a HUGE panic move - like Jay just realized, with 10 weeks left and the BBing community all betting he'll back out at the last minute - that he might not be on the right path. 

You don't change your pre-contest diet coach halfway thru you're pre-contest diet.

Unless, after hearing Shawn Ray reveal the the world you plan to punk out of the show, you finally take a good look in the mirror and realize you're cruising for 6th place gift, and that's not good enough for you.

Props to Cutler for going ALL IN with this move.  Props to shawn for having the courage to say what many were thinking and only the 'haters' were talking aobut on the boards.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »
^^^^^^^

this
all drugs - TPPIIP

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 10:30:26 PM »
Do we have a comment from the trainer being let go?  

SURELY he will have something to say.  Did he leave to preserve his reputation?  IE, nobody wants to be steering the Titanic as they enter icy waters.
Or, did he finally level with Jay "Dude, despite whatever we do over the next 70 days, you just don't have enough muscle to win this show" ?
if there's one thing gurus are good at doing, it's knowing what a body will do in 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 weeks.  Objectively.  

I think we can all agree that the Jay of the past - calm and peaceful and content - he's history.  Jay is on FIRE right now.  Training at 1 am, telling Shawn Ray to fck off, calling out the haters, really letting his feeling be seen - and they're feelings of anger.  it's an edge we've never seen. Jay is EMOTION right now.  Gurus are OBJECTIVE.  

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:42:31 PM »
I think this is wayyyy old news. not a recent thing/panic move.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 10:43:21 PM »
I think this is wayyyy old news. not a recent thing/panic move.

I could be wrong, given all the timezones and whatnot, but...

Shawn Ray did give a bang-up radio interview at 8pm Monday night.
madmax dave posted it 9:20pm on Monday night.
3 hours later, Jay posted & confirmed.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »

I am pretty sure that Jay wasnt working with Hany Rambod for a while now, and has been talking to Chris Aceto for the past few weeks.  Either way, it would be great to see Jay come back on that stage, and rival his competitors like he did in the past.

We all forgot that Ronnie Coleman also had a great comeback, so anything can be done.

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 11:39:06 PM »
Actually Jay dropped Hany for Chad Nichols. Dropped Chad & only recently teamed up with Aceto.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »
Hany was the guru trainer of both Heath and Cutler, but now, Cutler has made the move with 10 weeks left for the 2013 Mr. O, and jumped back on board with Aceto.   Will this move bring Cutler back to the limelight and show he is serious about his comback?

that's wise move on right time.10 week is more than enough time.jay realize he need to be lean and mean and Aceto is best man for the job.jay is unpredictably dangerous he has strong drive to succeed.this move shows he means business.....respect.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 12:51:00 AM »
Actually Jay dropped Hany for Chad Nichols. Dropped Chad & only recently teamed up with Aceto.

ahh.. that's right. i forgot about the switch to chad

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »
If he wins the Olympia, which of the 3 trainers he used during the 16 weeks will get credit?

If he loses, which of the 3 gurus gets the blame?

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 10:26:49 AM »
If he wins the Olympia, which of the 3 trainers he used during the 16 weeks will get credit?

If he loses, which of the 3 gurus gets the blame?

Jay has been doing this for a long time. I doubt he really needs a guru. All of these guys know how their bodies respond to different drugs and food. I think they just work with guru's so there is somebody to blame other than yourself when they don't diet hard enough.

S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 10:27:29 AM »
Big Jay should have won that '01 Olympia going away. Coleman's gut was hanging out all over the place. It was messy.

Yeah, but the "Dynasty curse" sure benefited Jay in 2007 when Vic Martinez cleaned his clock.  

I'm glad they're not about dynasties anymore.  I know, back then, by the time someone won the show, and you printed up life-size posters for the GNC store, sent out the mag with contest pics 3 months later, and put "mr O" on supplement bottles, it was time for the next years' show.  So yeah, it made sense to let Haney, then yates, then Coleman win even when they didn't deserve it.  All of them had gifts at times.

TODAY, everything is fast.  So it's cool to let a guy lose.  We watch the show live.  And if it's too much of a robbery, fans complain.  People still hate jay because of "It's a good thing the fans aren't judges" after robbing Wolf a few years back.  magazines used to hide the weak/ugly/ignorant/ego side of the sport.  Now we see the real.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »
Big Jay should have won that '01 Olympia going away. Coleman's gut was hanging out all over the place. It was messy.
a lot of people thought Jay won and he did win the pre judging, I am going with Coleman but only by a hair, could have gone either way and yes that was pretty much the first of Ronnies big gut

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
Jay has been doing this for a long time. I doubt he really needs a guru. All of these guys know how their bodies respond to different drugs and food. I think they just work with guru's so there is somebody to blame other than yourself when they don't diet hard enough.

I don't know if it's about Jay dieting hard enough - I'm sure he will.

IMO, his problem (and one that no guru can fix) is that he just doesn't carry enough muscle anymore.  Age maybe, or maybe that he didn't train for the majority of the last 24 months, with taking off cause of business last year, by his own account.   Also surgery to fix that bad "torn" biceps?  Kai and Phil have been training balls out for 20 of 24 months, and they look like it.  

You can't add 15 pounds of muscle in the ten weeks of dieting before a show.  He'll look great, but there's a reason these other 2 competitors have trained so hard all that time - they will have more muscle.  Jay can't help that - he was hurt and focused on business goals last year, if i recall correctly?

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »
I don't know if it's about Jay dieting hard enough - I'm sure he will.

IMO, his problem (and one that no guru can fix) is that he just doesn't carry enough muscle anymore.  Age maybe, or maybe that he didn't train for the majority of the last 24 months, with taking off cause of business last year, by his own account.   Also surgery to fix that bad "torn" biceps?  Kai and Phil have been training balls out for 20 of 24 months, and they look like it.  

You can't add 15 pounds of muscle in the ten weeks of dieting before a show.  He'll look great, but there's a reason these other 2 competitors have trained so hard all that time - they will have more muscle.  Jay can't help that - he was hurt and focused on business goals last year, if i recall correctly?

He has been downsized, but I still don't think it's a guru problem. You're probably right about the slacking on the training. I know a few years ago he said he was trying to go with a smaller, more streamlined look to compete with the more asthetic guys, but that sort of look isn't suited for him. He's built to be a tank, not a sculpture.
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 10:43:49 AM »
He has been downsized, but I still don't think it's a guru problem. You're probably right about the slacking on the training. I know a few years ago he said he was trying to go with a smaller, more streamlined look to compete with the more asthetic guys, but that sort of look isn't suited for him. He's built to be a tank, not a sculpture.

I think he will be ripped, no doubt about it.  :)  And when he came in ripped and won that last title looking SICK, he was capable of current kai/phil SIZE, but chose to go ten pounds more ripped, which made him look 20 pounds bigger - and he won.

NOW?  Now he is literally 20 or 25 pounds muscle smaller than Kai Greene. It's undeniable.  Recent pics, look at their arms, look at the thighs.  That's 20+ pounds of muscle difference.  Now, Jay CANNOT compete on size, so he HAS to go ripped... Now he's 20 pounds of muscle lighter AND he's gonna go light/ripped to compete? 

IMHO, he's sitting at the table KNOWING he can get ripped, but realizing he might actually look rain thin/skinny next to Kai and Phil.  BUT, if he backs out of the show, his entire career is marred with "Told ya so" from Shawn Ray and most other voices who say he'll back out.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 11:09:05 AM »
The judges seem to prefer giving the win to the reigning Mr Olympia, if it is a close tie.
Of course, you know the saying, you have to knock out the champ

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
We all forgot that Ronnie Coleman also had a great comeback, so anything can be done.

By great comeback, do you mean his 4th place finish? 

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
this could be seen as a HUGE panic move - like Jay just realized, with 10 weeks left and the BBing community all betting he'll back out at the last minute - that he might not be on the right path. 

You don't change your pre-contest diet coach halfway thru you're pre-contest diet.

Unless, after hearing Shawn Ray reveal the the world you plan to punk out of the show, you finally take a good look in the mirror and realize you're cruising for 6th place gift, and that's not good enough for you.

Props to Cutler for going ALL IN with this move.  Props to shawn for having the courage to say what many were thinking and only the 'haters' were talking aobut on the boards.

I agree. Clay Butler must be desperate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 11:24:45 AM »
I agree. Clay Butler must be desperate.

He has experience on his side - I mean, most lifters would KILL for a 6th place O finish, and Jay already knows he has that in the bag.  Jay's the man.  We all know it.

He's gotta do the show now.  He could legitimately break his hand punching out a bouncer on video, and people would say he did it on purpose to avoid doing the show.

BUT BUT BUT

Imagine if Jay enters and wins the whole #@%*^#%@& show.  Imagine that.  It'd be the story of the decade, a modern-day "Rudy" for all the non-believers.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 01:54:22 PM »
  What about Scooter?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC