Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II Rips Chris Christie on Gay Marriage  (Read 517 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Queen Elizabeth II Rips Chris Christie on Gay Marriage
« on: July 24, 2013, 11:53:15 PM »
Queen Elizabeth II Rips Chris Christie on Gay Marriage

Photograph by Dan Kitwood/POOL/Reuters

LONDON (The Borowitz Report) — Moments after approving a new law legalizing gay marriage in England and Wales, Queen Elizabeth II of Britain unleashed a blistering attack on New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for “lacking the guts” to do the same.

The British monarch’s brutal evisceration of Gov. Christie stunned observers, who did not know that she was such a close follower of his gay-marriage stance.

“I don’t like to badmouth people,” she said. “But I’m the head of a monarchy that began in the ninth century, and I’m apparently more modern than Chris Christie.”

After shocking observers with her opening salvo, she continued to tear Gov. Christie to shreds.

“Look, I know he has to appeal to the crazy right wingers in his party,” she added. “But the fact is, he’s not as forward-thinking as an eighty-seven-year-old lady who wears a crown on her head. It’s pathetic.”

Asked if she had advice for Gov. Christie, the British monarch said, bluntly, “Just sign the damn bill, Chris.”

Responding to a reporter’s question about the upcoming royal birth, Elizabeth replied, “Tell you the truth? I’m just glad the kid’s not being born in New Jersey.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/07/queen-elizabeth-rips-chris-christie-on-gay-marriage.html

Ha! "Just sign the damn bill Chris" Love it!
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Rips Chris Christie on Gay Marriage
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 10:15:56 AM »
I don't think Christie, as liberal as he is, gives a shit about gay marriage.

BUT he does care about isolating the far-right voting base that hates gay marriage.