Author Topic: Gandhi  (Read 1515 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Gandhi
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:27:59 PM »
?

Gandhi
In the 1940s, in his mid-seventies, he brought his grandniece Manubehn to sleep naked in his bed as part of a spiritual experiment in which Gandhi could test himself as a "brahmachari." Several other young women and girls also sometimes shared his bed as part of his experiments.[187] Gandhi's behaviour was widely discussed and criticised by family members and leading politicians including Nehru. Some members of his staff resigned, including two editors of his newspaper who left after refusing to print parts of Gandhi's sermons dealing with his sleeping arrangements. But Gandhi said that if he wouldn't let Manu sleep with her, it would be a sign of weakness.[188]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhi#Celibacy_and_Experiments_with_Celibacy_.28Bramhacharya.29

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
Re: Gandhi
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:12:16 PM »
I don't remember that in the movie :( Damn them rose coloured glasses again. They do the same with Islam... Always paint a rosey picture. Only people living in these cultures can really know the true story. It's not all books and dvds. That will always be bias and in favor of the makers view :/
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
Re: Gandhi
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »
Mm,,, it has been awhile since i saw the movie... I want to add now that i think about it... I do remember some stuff about his so called love life but of cousre it was very watered down lol just more bias. I have always loved the man. I even was writing about what a great indian he was. I am bias myself. We are blind. We only really know for sure if we grow up with certain ppl. While I grew up with hindu i was muslim. So of course i cannot know for sure :( 
X