Author Topic: Obama is the anti-christ  (Read 21653 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Obama is the anti-christ
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »
I have Archer slightly ahead on the card. Onetimehard seems to be punching himself out of the fight.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2013, 09:27:35 AM »
You choose to believe one person whose opinion just so happens to conform to your own.  You have zero inclination to seek out evidence that contradicts your preconceptions.  
I choose to believe all the major Universities in the world who claim Jesus is in fact a historical figure and they justify this notion based on jOSEPHUS`S WORK, OVER AN INTERNET WARRIOR WHO PROBABLY LIVES IN HIS MOM`S BASEMENT  ;D ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2013, 09:28:09 AM »
Lots of gibberish on both sides of late.  :D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2013, 09:28:38 AM »
I have Archer slightly ahead on the card. Onetimehard seems to be punching himself out of the fight.
Not at all as I am not even giving my opinion here, only a view shared by all the Universities in the world. Archer is stating opinion only.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
you always give your gibberish opinion that info is gathered from a Creationist site, which is not, your gibberish opinion that I am blind by faith, which I am not, gibberish opinion on a credible historians work being falsified, mean while every professor on the planet has accepted his work and the historical Jesus is accepted by every single University on the planet based on Josephus`s writing so until that changes you are just talking gibberish.

Again opinions and gibberish is what you are selling, I am delivering views accepted by Universities.

I only recommended you broaden your search to include sources that don't share your opinion.  This ensure a modicum of intellectual honesty.  Josephus's passages on Jesus are not accepted by every single university. This is either gross ignorance and/or arrogance on your part to even make such a bold assertion.  You can continue to say speak gibberish,  truth has no ego and therefore is unaffected by insults.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2013, 09:30:28 AM »
Not at all as I am not even giving my opinion here, only a view shared by all the Universities in the world. Archer is stating opinion only.

You can't make such claims in the absence of evidence.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
Lots of gibberish on both sides of late.  :D
What gibberish am I giving?, Explain?  His position is Josephus`s has false works and that is against what the historians teach in University and all I am doing is calling him out on his opinion, how is this gibberish shizzo?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »
I choose to believe all the major Universities in the world who claim Jesus is in fact a historical figure and they justify this notion based on jOSEPHUS`S WORK, OVER AN INTERNET WARRIOR WHO PROBABLY LIVES IN HIS MOM`S BASEMENT  ;D ;D

Moms basement, real original.  About as original as your arguments.  And the caps only indicate further how close to breaking down you are.  I did not want this.  In the face of increasing hostilities I choose to remain civil as Jesus did.
A

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »
Looks like its deja vu all over again for Mr. Wiggs.

As to the rapture?  Well suffice to say given your well known and very base proclivities, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.  I have told you before that a faith of words is nothing.  And even more so when the words are random and without merit.

That pretty  much sums up the topic of this thread. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:46 AM »
What gibberish am I giving?, Explain?  His position is Josephus`s has false works and that is against what the historians teach in University and all I am doing is calling him out on his opinion, how is this gibberish shizzo?

Your claim is patently untrue.  
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »
I only recommended you broaden your search to include sources that don't share your opinion.  This ensure a modicum of intellectual honesty.  Josephus's passages on Jesus are not accepted by every single university. This is either gross ignorance and/or arrogance on your part to even make such a bold assertion.  You can continue to say speak gibberish,  truth has no ego and therefore is unaffected by insults.
If you study theology in University they separate the facts from the theories and historical identities are either accepted or rejected and the historical Jesus is accepted by any university that teaches history (which is every University)

They conclude that the historical Jesus is not accepted based on the Biblical text but by verification of Josephus works. This is the fact at hand, you saying no they are not means shit, go take a history course in university and see for yourself.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »
I was merely poking fun at the fact that both of you used the word gibberish in recent posts. Want to know a fact? Faith is not a fact. History is not a fact. We do not know what happened over 2000+ years ago. Faith is not factual, and intellectuals don't have life's playbook.

It is all just banter in the end.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »
Moms basement, real original.  About as original as your arguments.  And the caps only indicate further how close to breaking down you are.  I did not want this.  In the face of increasing hostilities I choose to remain civil as Jesus did.
about as original as you argument that my information is gathered by Creationist sites  ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2013, 09:38:55 AM »
I was merely poking fun at the fact that both of you used the word gibberish in recent posts. Want to know a fact? Faith is not a fact. History is not a fact. We do not know what happened over 2000+ years ago. Faith is not factual, and intellectuals don't have life's playbook.

It is all just banter in the end.
Faith is not a fact, no one said it was. Certain historical points can be verified so again you are wrong. We do not know details about what happen 2000 years ago, but I am pretty sure there was Rome back then.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2013, 09:39:24 AM »
If you study theology in University they separate the facts from the theories and historical identities are either accepted or rejected and the historical Jesus is accepted by any university that teaches history (which is every University)

They conclude that the historical Jesus is not accepted based on the Biblical text but by verification of Josephus works. This is the fact at hand, you saying no they are not means shit, go take a history course in university and see for yourself.

I'll only address the part that is relevant to me.  There are many historians who believe Josephus passages on Jesus were fabricated or altered much later to place Jesus in historical context.   I have a masters degree in history, I know how historical research is conducted and have personally had conversations with professors who believe this.  
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2013, 09:40:10 AM »
Oh oh, looks like archer just stopped to do some google searches lmao  ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »
about as original as you argument that my information is gathered by Creationist sites  ::)

I never used the word creationist sights that can remember.  I suspect you have based on the fact that your argument is directly taken from such places.   What I wanted you to do is broaden your scope of research by seeking out opinions that differ from your own.  It's good advice.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
Faith is not a fact, no one said it was. Certain historical points can be verified so again you are wrong. We do not know details about what happen 2000 years ago, but I am pretty sure there was Rome back then.
You are only picking certain points. Of course we can get a broad history of the ancient world. Only a fool would believe more than basic facts. Everything else is just elaborate storytelling.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »
I'll only address the part that is relevant to me.  There are many historians who believe Josephus passages on Jesus were fabricated or altered much later to place Jesus in historical context.   I have a masters degree in history, I know how historical research is conducted and have personally had conversations with professors who believe this.  
I am sure there are some who believe this, I have no doubt at all, but what I know is they do not teach that in history class as it is still accepted as his context on Jesus is beyond a reasonable doubt. When that changes i will accept that argument until then I won`t.

BTW you have a masters degree in history, well I have a PhD in history lol  :)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
Oh oh, looks like archer just stopped to do some google searches lmao  ;D

What are you referring to?  What about keeping on topic?  So, instead of engaging in a reasonable debate you're going to try to make this personal?  I'm going to turn the other cheek, as Jesus would.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2013, 09:44:22 AM »
I never used the word creationist sights that can remember.  I suspect you have based on the fact that your argument is directly taken from such places.   What I wanted you to do is broaden your scope of research by seeking out opinions that differ from your own.  It's good advice.
and what makes you think I have not done that? because I disagree with you on a few points?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2013, 09:45:01 AM »
What are you referring to?  What about keeping on topic?  So, instead of engaging in a reasonable debate you're going to try to make this personal?  I'm going to turn the other cheek, as Jesus would.
it was a joke, HELLO

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »
This is an awesome thread. Great job guys.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2013, 09:46:01 AM »
You are only picking certain points. Of course we can get a broad history of the ancient world. Only a fool would believe more than basic facts. Everything else is just elaborate storytelling.
shizzo go have a few beers

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2013, 09:46:19 AM »
I am sure there are some who believe this, I have no doubt at all, but what I know is they do not teach that in history class as it is still accepted as his context on Jesus is beyond a reasonable doubt. When that changes i will accept that argument until then I won`t.

BTW you have a masters degree in history, well I have a PhD in history lol  :)

I honestly do.  My focus is East Asia, mainly Japan. I understand what youre trying to do.  Instead of being civil and having a friendly debate you're going to mock me now.  I'm not going to do that.  
A